Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Baltimore Ravens

Go down 
+2
chris
maddenman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
maddenman

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 5:07 pm

3-4
LE-Pryce
RE-Johnson
DT-Ngata
LOLB-McClain
ROLB-Suggs
MLB-Lewis,Gooden
CB-Washington,Foxworth
FS-Reed
SS-Landry

46 D
RE-Johnson
LE-Suggs
DT-Pryce,Ngata
ROLB-McClain
MLB-Lewis
LOLB-Gooden/Webb(Speed Package)
FS-Reed
SS-Landry/Tom Z for Blitz

For Dime,Dollar, and Quarter Formations I always use Johnson and Suggs for my DE's.

OFFENSE

Qb-Flacco
Rb1-Rice
RB2-McGahee
FB-McClain
WR1-Mason
WR2-Washington
WR3-Clayton
WR4-Williams
TE-Heap,L. Smith
I split carries between McGahee and Rice. And throw in some Dives with McClain. I also use Rice and Heap as Wr's.

Last edited by maddenman on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Online Roster Updates)
Back to top Go down
chris

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 5:31 pm

nice post ill post 1 with either the broncos giants or any other team soon.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:57 pm

nice MaddenMan.

my 3-4 D set up is:

LE-Pryce
RE-Johnson
DT-Ngata
LOLB-Barnes (86 speed)
MLB-Lewis (82 speed)
MLB-Gooden (86 speed)
ROLB- Suggs (83 speed)
CB-Foxworth
CB-Washington

note: i place Webb in the #3 spot or Rolle (for my zone coverages)

FS-Reed
SS-Landry or...sometimes i may run Webb here (depends on i feel...lol)

my 4-6 D set up is the same in my secondary but....

LE-Barnes (86 speed) or i may sub in Johnson here due to his 90 overall
RE-Suggs (83 speed) he is a pure beast off of the edge
DT-Pryce
DT-Ngata
LB-Lewis
LB-Gooden or Webb in the "Speed" package

-Mili
Back to top Go down
maddenman

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:
nice MaddenMan.

my 3-4 D set up is:

LE-Pryce
RE-Johnson
DT-Ngata
LOLB-Barnes (86 speed)
MLB-Lewis (82 speed)
MLB-Gooden (86 speed)
ROLB- Suggs (83 speed)
CB-Foxworth
CB-Washington

note: i place Webb in the #3 spot or Rolle (for my zone coverages)

FS-Reed
SS-Landry or...sometimes i may run Webb here (depends on i feel...lol)

my 4-6 D set up is the same in my secondary but....

LE-Barnes (86 speed) or i may sub in Johnson here due to his 90 overall
RE-Suggs (83 speed) he is a pure beast off of the edge
DT-Pryce
DT-Ngata
LB-Lewis
LB-Gooden or Webb in the "Speed" package

-Mili

Nice post Milli. I was hoping I ran into more Ravens users. How do you feel Barnes plays for you since the last roster update? He took some big hits in his overall. His tackling went down big time. I definitely use him as a pass rusher in my dime and dollar formations. I really hate to lose that speed on the edge. I've been messing around with McClain at 2nd MLB and at LOLB. He doesnt have the speed of Barnes, his speed is a 81. But his zone coverage,tackling, and hit power(87) are all better. Sometimes I'll even put in Ellerbe as my 2nd MLB in a 3-4 cover 3. He has decent speed, but he has good zone and man coverage for a 3rd string LB. I'm hoping him and Kruger get updates. The only probably I end up having, is who's going to ride the bench. I haven't used Gregg, or Kruger at all. How do ya feel about Tom Z? Landry's speed kills me when he's in pursuit. I have to user him just to keep him in plays sometimes. I think i'll put my 3-4 DL lineup like yours. I feel like I had better pressure with that beast Ngata in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:57 pm

maddenman wrote:

Nice post Milli. I was hoping I ran into more Ravens users. How do you feel Barnes plays for you since the last roster update? He took some big hits in his overall. His tackling went down big time. I definitely use him as a pass rusher in my dime and dollar formations. I really hate to lose that speed on the edge. I've been messing around with McClain at 2nd MLB and at LOLB. He doesnt have the speed of Barnes, his speed is a 81. But his zone coverage,tackling, and hit power(87) are all better. Sometimes I'll even put in Ellerbe as my 2nd MLB in a 3-4 cover 3. He has decent speed, but he has good zone and man coverage for a 3rd string LB. I'm hoping him and Kruger get updates. The only probably I end up having, is who's going to ride the bench. I haven't used Gregg, or Kruger at all. How do ya feel about Tom Z? Landry's speed kills me when he's in pursuit. I have to user him just to keep him in plays sometimes. I think i'll put my 3-4 DL lineup like yours. I feel like I had better pressure with that beast Ngata in the middle.

hey Madden! i agree with EVERYTHING you said here bruh. Barnes did take a huge hit..but i just love that 86 speed of his at the OLB spot...lol! sure...JJ has more block shedding skills but that speed of Barnes can't ride the pine bruh! lol! i am like you...i just wonder who to sit and who to play at times. Kruger and Ellerbe have worked well for me in some situations. and like you said...i am leaning more towards the players that have good "zone coverage" ratings! i am starting to impliment alot more zone coverage (more than i normally used in the past). so...that means...sometimes....i bring in Rolle at the CB spot. yep! i said his name....Rolle! lol! yes he is slow as mud...and yet...that boys AWR rating is a 90, his PUR is a 80, his PRC is a 80, his MCV is a 80 (Foxworth's is a 87 and Webb's is a 82).

i think we are doing ourselves a diservice in this game if we let Rolle just keep riding the pine cause of his lack of speed (85). he is actually the BEST CB on the Ravens roster in so many ways. sometimes...i put him at the #2 CB spot allowing Ed Reed to give him help over the top at the FS position. now as far as Landry and Tom Z? Landry actually beasts for me...but like you said...his speed is our achilles heel in our secondary. Z actually does well there also. but the "Baby Reed" in that spot would be Webb....lol! that 93 speed of his makes up for low ratings in other areas imo. he also played a little safety at Nicholls St. besides...Webb's overall at that spot is 64 and Tom Z's is a 63 but he only has85 speed...lol! i am constantly experimenting with our Ravens roster defensively. tweaking and trying to fine tune them into defensive juggernauts without all of the consant "subbing" in and out. let's continue to share notes on this. hey...Gibs and Zfarls will be doing a show tonight and he told me that he would try to add in some info on the Ravens roster and style of play with them. check out the show tonight.

-Mili
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:58 am

getting me all hyped up about the ravens mili!

i might have to try them out this weekend What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:08 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
getting me all hyped up about the ravens mili!

i might have to try them out this weekend What a Face

that is my Christmas gift to you my friend. santa

however....you and all of your helpful tips are getting me pumped about madden again bruh! i have laid off of the sticks for awhile cause the game just got boring to me. but...since i have come back to MB.....your and Z's posts, simple explanations and breakdowns of various plays and the "concepts" (which i have lacked knowledge of) behind them are extremely refreshing. although i am a lvl 18...i feel like i am in madden101 here. lol! thanks Gibs.

-Mili
Back to top Go down
maddenman

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:00 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:
maddenman wrote:

hey Madden! i agree with EVERYTHING you said here bruh. Barnes did take a huge hit..but i just love that 86 speed of his at the OLB spot...lol! sure...JJ has more block shedding skills but that speed of Barnes can't ride the pine bruh! lol! i am like you...i just wonder who to sit and who to play at times. Kruger and Ellerbe have worked well for me in some situations. and like you said...i am leaning more towards the players that have good "zone coverage" ratings! i am starting to impliment alot more zone coverage (more than i normally used in the past). so...that means...sometimes....i bring in Rolle at the CB spot. yep! i said his name....Rolle! lol! yes he is slow as mud...and yet...that boys AWR rating is a 90, his PUR is a 80, his PRC is a 80, his MCV is a 80 (Foxworth's is a 87 and Webb's is a 82).

i think we are doing ourselves a diservice in this game if we let Rolle just keep riding the pine cause of his lack of speed (85). he is actually the BEST CB on the Ravens roster in so many ways. sometimes...i put him at the #2 CB spot allowing Ed Reed to give him help over the top at the FS position. now as far as Landry and Tom Z? Landry actually beasts for me...but like you said...his speed is our achilles heel in our secondary. Z actually does well there also. but the "Baby Reed" in that spot would be Webb....lol! that 93 speed of his makes up for low ratings in other areas imo. he also played a little safety at Nicholls St. besides...Webb's overall at that spot is 64 and Tom Z's is a 63 but he only has85 speed...lol! i am constantly experimenting with our Ravens roster defensively. tweaking and trying to fine tune them into defensive juggernauts without all of the consant "subbing" in and out. let's continue to share notes on this. hey...Gibs and Zfarls will be doing a show tonight and he told me that he would try to add in some info on the Ravens roster and style of play with them. check out the show tonight.

-Mili

Hey wuz up man. I'm definitely going to going to get Rolle involved more. Especially since I've been running more zone. He's been neglected on my team. But his ratings are good. I know what you mean about finding that right lineup. I hate having to sub in an out during the game. We definitely should share Ravens notes. Did you get any Raven info from Gibs and Zfaris show? I work nights so I couldn't watch it. Well its back to the depth chart online to see if I can come up with that perfect lineup.lol! By the way, are you on PSN or XBL? I take it you run with the NYJ D book, that's what I roll with.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:04 pm

WEBB IS A PLAYMAKER!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:27 pm

maddenman wrote:

Hey wuz up man. I'm definitely going to going to get Rolle involved more. Especially since I've been running more zone. He's been neglected on my team. But his ratings are good. I know what you mean about finding that right lineup. I hate having to sub in an out during the game. We definitely should share Ravens notes. Did you get any Raven info from Gibs and Zfaris show? I work nights so I couldn't watch it. Well its back to the depth chart online to see if I can come up with that perfect lineup.lol! By the way, are you on PSN or XBL? I take it you run with the NYJ D book, that's what I roll with.

yeah MaddenM. i am running that NYJ pb on defense as well at the moment. however, i am really considering switching to either the Pitt (it has all of 6 the 3-4 formations in it along with the Nickel 2-4-5 and 1-5-5) or the NE (which has the Nickel 2-4-5, 1-5-5 and the 1-5-5 Prowl in it) pb. not too many cats running those pbs this year because the BAL/NYJ pbs has that Nickel: Odd Split (a similar version of the 4-4 from Tenn pb).

i am running into a lot of people who are very use to seeing certain blitz set ups from that Nickel: Odd Split because everyone is running that Dbook. but..i played a cat the other day that ran the Chiefs on me using the NE pb. he had that "Prowl" howling on me bruh! lol! i know that that formation (Nickel 1-5-5 Prowl) use to be big in madden09 and i have a few set ups from it that may still work in madden10. not sure. but for now...i am still in that NYJs pb.

-Mili
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:28 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
WEBB IS A PLAYMAKER!

lol! ain't he though Gibs? lol!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
maddenman

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:38 am

Militant X 1 wrote:
maddenman wrote:

yeah MaddenM. i am running that NYJ pb on defense as well at the moment. however, i am really considering switching to either the Pitt (it has all of 6 the 3-4 formations in it along with the Nickel 2-4-5 and 1-5-5) or the NE (which has the Nickel 2-4-5, 1-5-5 and the 1-5-5 Prowl in it) pb. not too many cats running those pbs this year because the BAL/NYJ pbs has that Nickel: Odd Split (a similar version of the 4-4 from Tenn pb).

i am running into a lot of people who are very use to seeing certain blitz set ups from that Nickel: Odd Split because everyone is running that Dbook. but..i played a cat the other day that ran the Chiefs on me using the NE pb. he had that "Prowl" howling on me bruh! lol! i know that that formation (Nickel 1-5-5 Prowl) use to be big in madden09 and i have a few set ups from it that may still work in madden10. not sure. but for now...i am still in that NYJs pb.

-Mili

Milli

I tried NE D book and I liked it alot. Me and my friend played online all madden and I had him running around the field with that prowl. He didn't know where or when that pressure was coming from. I love the Cover 2 out of 1-5-5 and 1-5-5 prowl. Especially when you've been bringing that heat, throw in a Cover 2 and it throws them way off. Love those quick passes into my zone coverage because they think that heat is coming again.lol. But I realized I miss that 46 Normal out of NYJ book along with the 1-5-5, and 3-4 Predator. It sucks that alot people use it but I feel there's so many great formations in it that it doesn't matter. To me its different than everybody using the same O playbook. I just can't let that 46 go. I don't want all the 46 just a piece same with the 1-5-5. The only play I wish the NYJ book had is the Cover 2 out of the 1-5-5. The corners are playing the flats automatically without adjustments. I think so I don't go stale, on one profile I'll have NE D book and on my other I'll run NYJ D book. Now I have too find 1 more offense playbook. I use Baltimore's for one of my profiles. It never ends.LOL.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:28 am

maddenman wrote:

Milli

I tried NE D book and I liked it alot. Me and my friend played online all madden and I had him running around the field with that prowl. He didn't know where or when that pressure was coming from. I love the Cover 2 out of 1-5-5 and 1-5-5 prowl. Especially when you've been bringing that heat, throw in a Cover 2 and it throws them way off. Love those quick passes into my zone coverage because they think that heat is coming again.lol. But I realized I miss that 46 Normal out of NYJ book along with the 1-5-5, and 3-4 Predator. It sucks that alot people use it but I feel there's so many great formations in it that it doesn't matter. To me its different than everybody using the same O playbook. I just can't let that 46 go. I don't want all the 46 just a piece same with the 1-5-5. The only play I wish the NYJ book had is the Cover 2 out of the 1-5-5. The corners are playing the flats automatically without adjustments. I think so I don't go stale, on one profile I'll have NE D book and on my other I'll run NYJ D book. Now I have too find 1 more offense playbook. I use Baltimore's for one of my profiles. It never ends.LOL.

MaddenM

i totally agree with you bruh! the NE Dbook is slamming! i am considering returning to it for a bit. i love watching my Ravens defenders move all over the place not allowing the offense to get a good read on whether i am in man or zone. but...you are right...i love that 4-6 as well...lol! that is why i am still running the BAL/NYJ pbs for now.

-Mili
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:19 pm

hey Madden, i am actually running the 4-6 Dbook for right now.

-Mili
Back to top Go down
maddenman123

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:24 pm

What up Milli,

How is the 46 going for you? I ran it a couple of times and I was getting some serious heat. But I felt if the offense came out in 3 receivers or more I had to get out of it. What's your depth chart setup for the 46? When I ran it......RE-Johnson,LE-Suggs,ROLB-Barnes,LOLB-Gooden,CB1-Foxworth,CB2-Webb,CB3-Carr,CB4-Washington,FS-Reed,SS-Tom Z
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 8:58 pm

hey MaddenM.

to be honest...the 4-6 Defense is crazy! that 4-6 Bear formation is tuff! the 4-6 defense can handle 3wrs with ease bruh! especially if you are setting up the various plays the same with nano A or B gap heat with coverage behind you blitzes. i am getting turnovers and sacks like crazy at times...lol!

as far as my Defensive set up for the 4-6 with the Ravens? man...we could do a few things well...lol! here is what i do for now:

LE=Barnes (86 speed of the edge...less strength and block shedding than J Johnson but his speed is up 14 points over J Johnson's 71

RE= Suggs (83 speed and a pure beast off the edge)

DTs Pryce, Ngata (these cats are clogging up EVERYTHING in the middle)

LBs=J Johnson (LOLB..72 speed), Lewis (MLB...82 speed)), Gooden (ROLB...86 speed)

CBs=Washington (98 speed), Foxworth (93 speed), Webb (93 speed), Carr (91 speed)

FS=Ed Reed (of course....lol)
SS= Landry (i sub in Tom Z at times)

-Mili
Back to top Go down
maddenman123

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Alright milli a few questions. Who are you usering when running the 4-6? Is Johnson's speed hurting you in any way? If you don't mind what plays do you like out of 46 bear and normal? When I run the 46 out of nyj d book, I'm always running inside blitz and cover 3. I kill fools with that inside blitz.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:09 am

hey MM. J Johnson's speed isn't hurting me at LB cause remember, this is his natural spot and besides, his ratings there are:

OVR-82, STR-85, ACC-85, AWR-82, TAK-85, POW-87, PMV-91, BSH-88, PUR-91, PRC-85

of course, he would do well on the line at DE, i do that from time to time with him in the 3-4 defense. however, in the 4-6 defense, i want to utilize more speed off the edges and Suggs are Barnes provide that.

now, in the 4-6 Bear, some of the plays that i like to run are:

Cover 2, Cover 3, Buzz Weak, Sam Snake, Wall Slide and i love working that Outside Blitz.
the Zone Read, Plug Cover 1 and Wall Cover 4 are nice as well.

in the 4-6 Normal: i use:

3 Deep Bandit, 3 Deep Blitz, CB Zone Blitz (one of my favorites), Fire Zone Press, Cover 2 Hawk (coverage defense). all of these work well together along with some of the others that i haven't mentioned.

i am on the 4-6 Dbook now as a change of pace from the NYJ Dbook which EVERYONE seems to be running online. so in that way, i am throwing cats off from the norm of what they are seeing...lol!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
feltmonster

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:21 pm

been fooling around with a lot of teams lately, i had to drop the pats because brady cant throw on the run.

i love a team with good linebackers, ballhawks in the secondary, and good backs, might have to give the ravens a shot...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Baltimore Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baltimore Ravens   Baltimore Ravens Empty

Back to top Go down

Baltimore Ravens
Page 1 of 1