Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

TWIM Mailbag Questions

Go down 
+8
LOTT0042
kirk
Ryker3
sLeeZyZeeLs
JerseyTank
Militant X 1
EaglePride615
ZFarls
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

TWIM Mailbag Questions Empty
PostSubject: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:02 pm

If you have questions for the MB Mailbag to be answered LIVE on TWIM on wednesday night, leave them here. Please type them nicely as it increases the chance we use them on the show, thanks!

"Is it true that you have 99 stick Zfarls?"

-Sgibs
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:09 am

How would you stop the run out of PATS- Jumbo Pair, especially the HB Dive & the HB Power? Played a guy who ran HB Dive almost the entire game with the Ravens. Consistently picked up 5 yards a carry.

Last edited by SiCkWiThItXX on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EaglePride615

EaglePride615

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:56 am

where is the 5 wide under center gibs used?
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:17 am

1. i would like to see a tuff offensive scheme using the 5 Sets of Success from the BAL Obook

2. can you guys show a Ravens roster adjustment to run a solid 3-4 defensive scheme w/audibles using the 5 Sets of Success from the BAL Dbook?

thanks!

~Mili

Back to top Go down
JerseyTank

JerseyTank

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:35 am

I'd like to see a way to stop the TE Seams Spec Catch? Vs zone.. What adjustment would stop this cold?

Great asset to a scheme? ( Talks us threw your thought process when your in the lab trying to come up with O or D doesn't matter give us a peek into the mind set )

Best run Vs man / Zone ?
Back to top Go down
sLeeZyZeeLs

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:22 pm

A good way to set up the 49ers defense with your 46 def guide.
Back to top Go down
sLeeZyZeeLs

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 am

Also what is the song at the beginning of mad-den tv.
Back to top Go down
Ryker3

Ryker3

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:44 pm

What teams are you looking to see improve the most once the weekly updates start?

What teams will get worse with weekly updates?
Back to top Go down
kirk

kirk

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Any good run stopping plays/schemes from the 3-3-5?
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:14 pm

How do you combat the 3-4 shake in M12? I tried quick passing but the heat was to fast. I tried to run and the heat sacked my qb before i could hand off or toss the ball. Guy was using the Steelers and it was impossible. I even tried shotty two back & powerblocking both backs - still got flooded. Game ended 21-3 only cause his offense was so-so. Would have been a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:56 pm

as basic as this is; could you guys show us the various "types" of plays (by formation and the play itself) used in a offensive and defensive "5 Formations for Success" scheme?

~Mili
Back to top Go down
SteelersPSUfan

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:12 am

What is your favorite way to flood a zone since the bench switch routes can not be smart routed like last year. Do you leave those outward posts stock and streak the inside receivers if you are in a compressed set or do you prefer a bunch / trips set?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:51 am

SteelersPSUfan wrote:
What is your favorite way to flood a zone since the bench switch routes can not be smart routed like last year. Do you leave those outward posts stock and streak the inside receivers if you are in a compressed set or do you prefer a bunch / trips set?

My favorite way to flood zone, is the play "stick" out of the shotgun bunch formation. Just streak the middle receiver & put the WR on the opposite side of the field on a curl route in case they switch to man last second. You can either block your HB for extra protection or put him on a fade route out of the backfield for the check down.

Also like you said, you can run bench switch and just streak the slot WRs but I wouldn't run this if they are sending heat. Bench switch takes to long to develop this year IMO. Just got to know when to use it I guess. Its still a good play to have.

Last thing, don't forget about the play "spacing". You don't always have to flood the zones deep. You can flood the zone horizontally rather than vertically. Definitely a good play to use in short yardage situations or on 3rd & 4th downs. Get the first before you try to hit your opponent up top. Also, the reason I like spacing so much this year is because it has a blue route out of the back field. So you get that extra protection & spacing is a quickly developed play so if your opponent is bringing heat you can get it out to a wide open WR quickly.

EDIT: Look at the play "Z Spot" out of shotgun bunch. The outward post isn't nearly as deep, so its almost like a "smart routed" post route from last year. Just streak the outside WR and put the back side WR on a curl. Has a blue route out the back field as well.
Back to top Go down
more cowbell

more cowbell

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:57 am

what are some great "coverage d" plays out of the 46?
Back to top Go down
irobson

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:19 am

looking for some great ways to get pressure in with people blocking down the hb...it seems like i'm being chopped blocked every time
Back to top Go down
eagler7

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:43 pm

What's a good way to setup the Eagles depth chart in the 46 d, specifically in the speed package? One major question of mine is where you would put DRC? He seems to have the physical stats as his cousin Antonio so what position would/do you line him up at (2CB, 3CB, S)? Who would be the 4th CB in the speed package? SS Jaiquwan Jarret has fantastic hit power and tackling but would subbing in Brian Rolle be the better option with his quickness, speed, and great man coverage? What about DE opposite Trent Cole, is Babin too slow and would it be better to put him in at 2DT? Would a speedy lb like akeem jordan be your pick as the other DE in the 46? What about safety, should Hoselio Hanson or Curtis Marsh be SS and cover the TE (or WR) with Nate Allen being the FS or should that be Jarrad Page? Wow these are a lot of questions, sorry about that haha, but if you want just one main question, it would be "how would/do you setup the eagles defensive depth chart?".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Mailbag Questions   TWIM Mailbag Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

TWIM Mailbag Questions
Page 1 of 1