Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
typhoon

typhoon

Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense Empty
PostSubject: Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense   Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:10 am

Anyone offer some advice?
Back to top Go down
AssassinJ0E

AssassinJ0E

PostSubject: Re: Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense   Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:16 am

CB Terence Newman, Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick, Gerald Sensabaugh

FS Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

SS Alan Ball

I like Sensabaugh at the 4th spot because he can make plays with his Speed and Hit power.
Back to top Go down
typhoon

typhoon

PostSubject: Re: Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense   Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:50 am

thanks man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense   Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:46 am

LE - Spencer
RE - Ware
DT1 - Ratliff
DT2 - Spears

LOLB - Lee/James/Butler
MLB - James/Brooking/Carter
  • If James gets hurt Brooking will automatic replace him in the 46 Normal package. You can sub in Carter manually when you switch to 46 Speed.
ROLB - Butler/Lee/Carter
  • I set my depth chart up this way as a reminder to myself where I want people in case of injury. You will have to go in and manual make these adjustments if one of your players goes down.
CB1 - Newman
CB2 - Jenkins
CB3 - Scandrick
CB4 - Ball
CB5 - McCray
  • If one of my CBs gets injured I will move everyone up 1 spot & replace that 3rd spot with Ball. McCray will become my CB4. (If you follow Gibs suggestion, you know that the CB4 position is the least important position in this scheme, so you can get away with LB'ish type players in this position) McCray is a good mix of CB & LB type attributes. He has adequate speed & has some of the better attributes as far as tackeling, hit power, block shedding, power move, fitness move, etc out of all the Cowboys secondary.
FS - McCray/Elam/Sensabaugh
  • This is the second spot in the 46 I have found you can put weaker players, since usually the FS position is the position you user. Also, most of the time if you are in man & you are bringing heat this position is guarding the HB which usually the HB is on some simple route to the flats or is left in to block. Nothing a weaker player couldn't handle. Only time this would start to become a problem is if your opponent starts motion out their HB to a WR, but rarely will anyone ever do that. And if they do, still send heat because that means no one is in the backfield to protect the QB.
SS - AOA/Ball/McCray
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

***This is all subject to change. This is just currently what has been the most successful for me & my play style with the 46.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense   Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with Cowboy's Secondary setup for the 4-6 defense
Page 1 of 1