Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Need help beating man bump against strong close.

Go down 
+3
Th3 Ac3r
xHEx DeathAngel
finfever
7 posters
AuthorMessage
finfever

finfever

Need help beating man bump against strong close.  Empty
PostSubject: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Man bump is killing me this year. All I am doing to beat it is placing my right side reciever on a drag and motioning him out a couple steps then snapping it and hitting him on his cut back. This works for about 6 yards, but thats all I got. So defenses start usering it and then im screwed. I know strong close is one of the most popular formations, so I thought you guys could help me out. Im using houstons book btw. Thanks
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Falcons Cross has worked well for me this year or jets slot post with the motion against it.

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:39 pm

I was more-so looking for a way to beat man press out of strong close. Thanks for the help though.
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:09 pm

My fault i mis read the question.

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:49 pm

Well if you cant run on him either, curls work great against man as we all know. If their in man the toss could be open. Oh, and Y-Trail is your best friend against man out of strong close. Just sayin
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:35 pm

curls work against man bump?
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:55 am

If you have enough time to throw them then yes. Also gibs showed that when they bump, if your guy gets passed the cornerback then you can just lob it to them, even if they are on a curl.
Back to top Go down
XxSHOWTIMExX

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:26 pm

U can also put your HB on a streak and motion throw that. Also the TE route on y trail is nice against man bump. Also the angle route in TE Option is great against man. So essentially u cud run y trail, put ur RB on a streak and motion him out. U force ur opponent to have to user one of the two routes and they are on complete opposite sides of the field so one of them is going to definitely b open.
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:13 am

Will you explain the motion throw on the hb streak. not really sure what you mean by that.
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:19 am

I could really use some help guys. Just got killed by this again. I have a counter to every defense thrown at me except man bnr. I struggle running the ball against man because you dont get that extra blocker with the right side WR because his man just follows him. And I know it frees up the toss, but people start to play that. I cant get the dive or counter to work against man. And then I cant seem to pass against man bnr. Its just too bunched up because of the compressed set. And the defense is keeping two safeties over the top so I cant hit the streak. I know strong close is like the most popular formation on this website. There's gotta be some ways to beat this. Anyone?
Back to top Go down
XxSHOWTIMExX

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:46 am

I mean out ur RB on a streak. Motion him out about 2 yards away from your receiver snap the ball and throw pass leading to the inside. Essentially the man that is assigned to the RB will follow him as he is motioning and when u snap he will miss the press and your RB will run past him allowing u to hit him or a quick pass. As far as the run goes I suggest using the protection slide to help u, on the counter jus have ur line block to the right, this helps them seal off the edge for u to b able to bounce it out. But as always the most successful rushing attacks depend on a consistent pass offensive to keep the D honest. So mixing in the quick pass technique with the toss and counter can be a good way to keep ur opponent off balance and keep the ball moving down the field.
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:58 am

i appreciate the help. ill try this out. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:42 am

uhmm TE on a slant out shud b open all day force purps maybe force user to shade over that TE side now u have a couple options ...

motion ur rb out on a drag left quick hike throw beats man everytime for a couple yards break big ones if hes fast okay this and TE slant out . should make ur opponent b like okay i have to user this but u cant user both option number 2 do the same stuff i jus mentioned but instead put X on a streak and jus body people with that WR and other WR on a slant inside its nearly impossible not to get a couple yards with this.

what Pb u using and ill tell u exactly what to do .. i hate strong close like i use to use it but i hate going against it .

also rb on a drag or Fb on flat and TE on slant out causes man switching TE is wideopen . Smile

thats all i got Smile
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 12:02 pm

thanks for the help. Im using houston playbook, I play with the lions.
Back to top Go down
king_jason2

king_jason2

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 12:33 pm

If ur using HOU look @ I close and ace close unbumps for days. Audibling from strong close to I close and vuce versa is extremely quick I know u asked specifically for strong close but this is just an effectivr way to run hou book
Back to top Go down
http://j.crabb2@yahoo.com
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 pm

king_jason2 wrote:
If ur using HOU look @ I close and ace close unbumps for days. Audibling from strong close to I close and vuce versa is extremely quick I know u asked specifically for strong close but this is just an effectivr way to run hou book

no he would have troouble with unbumps with i close as well .. tip put ace close shallow cross in ur audibles u have to motion unbumps left and right and shallow cross route is a quick hitting money play by left TE . also flip the play cause they might go F@G D this yr u play someone good u have to have a audible game it helps so much .. i suggest do that and ull b solid ill show u myself if ur on XBOX ? Add me ill help u with alotta things

my GT is L NiNjA BoY L
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:32 pm

abdaninja wrote:
king_jason2 wrote:

no he would have troouble with unbumps with i close as well .. tip put ace close shallow cross in ur audibles u have to motion unbumps left and right and shallow cross route is a quick hitting money play by left TE . also flip the play cause they might go F@G D this yr u play someone good u have to have a audible game it helps so much .. i suggest do that and ull b solid ill show u myself if ur on XBOX ? Add me ill help u with alotta things

my GT is L NiNjA BoY L

the i-close quick audible PA play smokes press.... PA texans clear is the name i believe

ace close, y-shallow cross, pa crosses, and texans drag all torch press, just motion out the routes that have slight in cuts to them and you will see press or even loose man get destroyed

un-bumps all over in houston playbook, not necessary to have to beat press with strong close, these other 2 formations do it so well check them out or make one of them an aud like ninja said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help beating man bump against strong close.    Need help beating man bump against strong close.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help beating man bump against strong close.
Page 1 of 1