Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens

Go down 
+5
BuckNut4eva
Wolfman
WasItTehChad
finfever
black udder
9 posters
AuthorMessage
black udder

General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens Empty
PostSubject: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:19 pm

This has happened more than once and mostly to me, not for me. I'm not hating here, but not understanding is just frustrating me.

I've played with both Demarco Murray and Felix Jones - 93 and 96 speed and both of these guys have been caught from behind by guys slow. Felix was caught be Geno Hayes. This was the first play from scrimmage, so felix is fresh - Geno is an 84 speed LB who ran down Felix after he'd hit full speed running down the sideline. He was behind, so it wasn't an angle issue. Geno does have like a 90+ pursuit.

Same thing has happened to Demarco getting run down by Julius Peppers all the time. Peppers is fast, but he's only an 85, Demarco is a 93, this is when he's beat the line, not sideline to sideline.

last year, if you got guys like that behind the defense, they were gone, now they're getting caught from behind.

Can't anybody explain what's up? It's not 100% to everybody because I see Forte running away from me regularly and nobody catches him, so I believe it's specific to certain personnel.

Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:44 pm

just played a game where antonio gates (84 speed?) caught a pass and sam shields (97 speed) was only like 3 yards behind him. He caught the ball on the 30 yard line and had to run 70 yards for a TD. shields never caught him. And he was running in a straight line, just a speed issue. Madden screwed that up big time this year
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Geno Hayes is just a goon. no bias
Back to top Go down
Wolfman

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:28 pm

i agree with chad hes a goon
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:32 pm

its all about angles, if you are directly in front of someone you can run away from them, if the defense comes in at an agle they can catch ya
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:41 pm

And acceleration comes into play..
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 pm

straight line, geno is behind felix, felix has better top speed and acceleration and he was up to speed already. Geno just ran him down.
Back to top Go down
LittleAlex83

LittleAlex83

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Does energy go down during plays, or does it only adjust between plays? If so, this would affect acceleration.

Anyway, this post was amusing because it reminds of Murray's first start, in which he dusted the entire defense for 30-40 yards and lost all his gas mid-step and just fell down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogabull.com
black udder

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:04 pm

LittleAlex83 wrote:
Does energy go down during plays, or does it only adjust between plays? If so, this would affect acceleration.

Anyway, this post was amusing because it reminds of Murray's first start, in which he dusted the entire defense for 30-40 yards and lost all his gas mid-step and just fell down.

keep in mind, Murray hadn't been playing at all because of injury, so no offseason, no camp and no snaps prior - then he ran for about 160 before that play Smile

but, yeah, it was funny. when asked, he said that he was tired, but he dropped because he saw guys coming up behind him and didn't want to risk getting stripped of the ball... my guess was he felt exhausted and thought that a couple of guys tugging on him could pry the ball lose and he knew he wasn't going to outrun them.

I don't know how the innards of Madden works, but I'm pretty sure that once a fresh Felix Jones is in front of you, not many people are going to catch him. Especially not Geno...

While it sounds like whining, I'm really just curious about the inner workings of the stats. This is just a blatant example of how it's not just the "speed" and/or acceleration stats that matter.
Back to top Go down
Wolfman

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:17 pm

geno is just awsome man idk what else to tell u
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:18 pm

Wolfman wrote:
geno is just awsome man idk what else to tell u

LOL
Back to top Go down
SF_FAN88

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:30 pm

How bout the 80 in verticle leap EA gave all the defensive players? They swat everything.
Back to top Go down
Wolfman

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:23 pm

my only advice dont play the bucs they just too good
Back to top Go down
UppingMyGame

UppingMyGame

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:32 pm

I know how you feel bro. Devin Hester gets chased down on a somewhat regular basis - even with 98 speed and 99 acceleration . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens   General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens Empty

Back to top Go down

General Madden BS - really would like to know how this happens
Page 1 of 1