Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!

Go down 
+2
bahdbwoy
ZAN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ZAN

ZAN

It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! Empty
PostSubject: It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!   It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:00 am

I know it's not TWIM...but I just completed my favorite writeup of all my "Forward Progress" Blogs thus far.

This week, I take a look into run defense, maintaining gap integrity, and why the 4-3 Under is the best formation in football. This should help those of you who struggle vs. the run even though you stack the box.

Gap Integrity, Bubbles, and Formations (OH MY!) [Forward Progress #6: 4-3 Over vs. 4-3 Under & Why the Under is My Favorite Formation in Football]

Drop a line in this thread, the thread on the blog, or in my e-mail/PM box!

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!   It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:50 am

Good write up.. Problem with the 43 over (43 stack in this game) is the DE doesnt line up outside the TE like he should so unless you manually control the DE and slide him out you are losing a critical element.

Samething really with the under front... The DE in the 5tech feels a tad bit insideof the DE and if 2TE does not slide out.. And the backside DE doesnt get wide enough for me either.. Ill PM you something to get your feedback
Back to top Go down
SF_FAN88

PostSubject: Re: It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!   It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 am

Right on Zan..

WFColonel got me on the 4-3 and im lovin it. I use the 4-3 under all day mixed with some nickel packages. Good stuff brotha!
Back to top Go down
RamNewton8

PostSubject: Re: It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!   It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Having trouble finding a good D-playbook, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!   It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Well it depends on what defensive formations you utilize most, Ram...
Back to top Go down
RamNewton8

PostSubject: Re: It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!   It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:28 pm

4-6 , 4-3 , and nickel mostly but I like to use 3-4 and 5-2 and 1-5-5 also.

I've been using 4-6 mostly to stop the run, but have been starting to use some 4-3 3-4 mixture. 4-6 speed 3-4 and 1-5-5 on passing downs.

Is there any playbooks that have 5-2 and 4-6, I've been tempted to go custom playbooks but I still enjoy picking the traditional ones.

Zan it's hard for a ram these days it's not the GREATEST SHOW ON TURF anymore lol.
Back to top Go down
Slimreaper256

Slimreaper256

PostSubject: Re: It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!   It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Great post Zan. Its good to hear some real X's & O's talk for a change. ( I still hate Ur guts!! Just a little less now!! lol! )
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!   It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Thanks...I guess...LOL
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!   It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:14 pm

RamNewton8 wrote:
4-6 , 4-3 , and nickel mostly but I like to use 3-4 and 5-2 and 1-5-5 also.

I've been using 4-6 mostly to stop the run, but have been starting to use some 4-3 3-4 mixture. 4-6 speed 3-4 and 1-5-5 on passing downs.

Is there any playbooks that have 5-2 and 4-6, I've been tempted to go custom playbooks but I still enjoy picking the traditional ones.

Zan it's hard for a ram these days it's not the GREATEST SHOW ON TURF anymore lol.
multiple D is the playbook you are looking for. I think they have everything except for 5-2
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!   It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's not TWIM, but I got something for ya!
Page 1 of 1