Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

directional pad or left stick...

Go down 
+10
sgibs
madden person
Militant X 1
gdbrooks55
i3rian 87
wangtangkiki
Oso_Ruthless
Th3 Ac3r
acting cool
jordantrav
14 posters
AuthorMessage
jordantrav

jordantrav

directional pad or left stick... Empty
PostSubject: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Does everyone use the left stick to move around or the directional pad? I usually use the left stick but find myself not always in control of the man i am usering. What does everyone else do? no matter offense or defense...
Back to top Go down
acting cool

acting cool

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm

i used to use the d pad all the time, but feel i have more control using the sticks!
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 pm

You have a lot more control using the stick i think.. You cant make quick cuts with the d pad
Back to top Go down
jordantrav

jordantrav

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Ive seen a few people on 360 use the directional pad and were beasts. when i try on ps3 there are no angles so its pretty much impossible to move at an angle..
Back to top Go down
Oso_Ruthless

Oso_Ruthless

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Well i only use the Dpad To pass,Passing with the stick can really be inaccurate.I use the stick to run,because the Rb makes sharper moves
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Sgibs uses the d-pad on Xbox.. or he did during a RC tutorial.. I don't know how people do it. I'll probably get used to it since on PS3, the left stick is where the Xbox's D-pad is.
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:49 pm

ahhhhh the age old question.

up until college, i used to use the d-pad, because if you remember, the orig playstation controllers didnt even have the analog stick:

directional pad or left stick... Playstation_Controller

then when playstation 2 came out and introduced the more modern controller, i never got comfortable with the stick. it was just not natural.

i esp liked the d-pad because it was a "true" direction. if you held up, you were definitely going up, not up and slight left.

there was two reasons however, as to why i switched:
1) anyone who actually knows me, knows that the Metal Gear series is my favorite non-sports video game series of all time. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. In that game, unlike the games in the past, it required you to use the left analog for quick movement, and the d-pad for creeping/very slow movement. As much as I disliked it, it got me to use the analog stick.

2) that very same year, myself and sgibs started getting very intense with our madden, and the madden challenge was on xbox. personally, i had never, ever been an xbox person up until then, and even though Metal Gear Solid 3 got me used to the analog stick, d-pad was still my go to, but the d-pad on the original xbox controller was like using a thumbtack. it was then when I was more or less forced to used the analog stick, and eventually it became very natural, and i have never really ever gone back.
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
gdbrooks55

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 pm

D-PAD all game!! i wish more people would have replied to this thread! excellent thread q
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:52 pm

stick

~Mili
Back to top Go down
madden person

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:53 pm

i used to hate the analog, until kingdom hearts (best game of all time) made you use it all the time, but now i prefer analog to D-pad.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 pm

thats why its called SICK STICK baby!!!!!

not sick D-PAD..lol

either way neither sounds good lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
gdbrooks55

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:12 am

lol at gibs i couldnt imagine using the stick it would be UGLY! i cant even play COD and games like that lol
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:25 am

STICKS never use the D-pad
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:37 am

lol anyone here have 99 D-pads?
Back to top Go down
gdbrooks55

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:07 am

i can see using it on xbox but on ps3 its too far away for me.....my thumb is never in a "comfortable" position
Back to top Go down
shane_rlly2

shane_rlly2

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:15 am

religiously used d pad until i started getting blisters on my fingers..........
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:48 am

d-pad for throwing and sticks for running
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: directional pad or left stick...   directional pad or left stick... Empty

Back to top Go down

directional pad or left stick...
Page 1 of 1