Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?

Go down 
+13
Th3 Ac3r
xHHx_VaBeach757
sgibs
ZFarls
shane_rlly2
xHHx_RAMFESTIVAL
wangtangkiki
iswaggnificent
J Blanco in LBK
WFColonel56
jordantrav
madden person
Militant X 1
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? Empty
PostSubject: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:39 pm

how come those with levels lower than ours are called "bums?" lol! why not just say that they are less experienced in madden? just wondering!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
madden person

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:56 pm

it's a pride thing.
Back to top Go down
jordantrav

jordantrav

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:02 pm

mili thats a good way of putting it...there are alot of lower level guys that can play...i think weve all came across a level 1 that gave made us play...
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:22 pm

jordantrav wrote:
mili thats a good way of putting it...there are alot of lower level guys that can play...i think weve all came across a level 1 that gave made us play...

thanks Jordan...and...MaddenP..i like that about it being a pride thing! good points guys!

i am just curious about this. cause, if being a lower level player AUTOMATICALLY makes one a bum....then WE ALL have been there and done that when we first started out on this madden journey! now, we get a little skills under our belts and look down on others who are less skillful at this videogame than us? Suspect smh!

"Stay Humble My Friend!" - The Most Intriguing Man Alive

lol!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 pm

I dnt classify low levels as bums

When someone steps into bum status for me is determined on how they play
And I dnt meen if they play good or if they play bad...if u catch my drift
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:41 pm

WFColonel56 wrote:
I dnt classify low levels as bums

When someone steps into bum status for me is determined on how they play
And I dnt meen if they play good or if they play bad...if u catch my drift

drift is caught!

sooo, being a bum is more about "how" a person plays madden and not merely about "who" they have or haven't played (lvl wise)?

~Mili
Back to top Go down
J Blanco in LBK

J Blanco in LBK

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:30 pm

Exactly. ^^^^^

They're a bum if they use an unsportsmanlike play style. Or if they are a sore loser i.e. encroachment every play, or using the disconnect glitch.
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:23 am

the only way i consider some one a bum is if they glitch

i hate it when players call other players bum becuase they use the same play over and over and you cant stop it
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:46 am

LOL. I played a "bum" hunter today. He was level 27. He ran the NE playbook. He did a toss play.. and a play that had auto-motion that he could throw straight to Reggie Bush which even if I had a purple zone.. my guy would not get there fast enough to pick it off..

This guy was someone I would definitely call a jackass. He ran HB Direct Snap.. I knew it was coming because I used the NE playbook for several months so I knew if the TE was off the LOS, and the RB was on the right side.. then the slot was off the LOS on the left side of the field.. it was HB Direct Snap. I shut him down every time too surprisingly..

Before that though, he did something stupid.
I stopped him on 3 consecutive downs.. it was now 4th and 17.. He had fake punt run in his audibles.. He was on his OWN 15 and he does that.. He picked it up because my LBs couldn't catch him.. I had my favorite return play.. DBL Safe Return.. well I dragged D. Ware back and he snapped the ball.. My CB was being held.. well he finally got off his block, then he tried to tackle the RB, but he leaned over the red line for a first down.

but the thing that pissed me off was he tried to block my kick, so I just went for 2 everytime. I got the first XP.. then I went for two. I got it. I was up 15-7.. He scores.. then he goes for two. He does Fake Punt Run.. a difficult play to stop with only 2 yards to go..

Eventually I'm down by five.. I get the ball with 7 minutes left.. I think I failed to convert or fumbled.. well he doesn't convert on 4th, so I get the ball with 3 minutes left ON HIS 40... He has 3 TOs left. I run the ball out of goalline. He starts calling timeouts after the 2 minute warning.. I eventually get to the 2 YD line.. I then start kneeling the ball 2 times.. he commits a penalty that gives me an extra down. I run the clock to like 1 minute left.. then on 3rd down, I run into the end zone for a TD.. I go for two.. I convert.. it's a 3 point game.

He gets the ball back.. he's driving, but the clock is low.. he's doing toss plays for some reason.. he eventually gets to the 43 yard line.. he spiked the ball with :03 left on the clock!!!

He has Garrett Hartley kicking.. it's on the 43 yard line.. he waits a few seconds.. then finally.. he kicks the ball!! I see a dramatic kicking angle that makes me thing we are going into OT.. I'm thinking CRAP.. I don't wanna do OT.. I could choke.. LOL.. so yeah.. the ball is flying OMG!! The ball hits the BOTTOM CROSSBAR AND MISSES THE FIELD GOAL!!! I win Smile

I beat a lvl27 31-28..

I didn't tell ya what the other scores were.. but I'll give you a hint.. I threw a pick 6.

I'm only a lvl 6 and the guy has only played like lvls 5-10.. it was funny.

I messaged him calling him a wuss because he had to use some pussy tactics like Fake Punt Run + HB Direct Snap.
He never responded =(
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 am

he probably thot you sucked so he was messing around with you thats what i do when i think im playing someone that sucks just mess around with them and do dumb play calls
Back to top Go down
xHHx_RAMFESTIVAL

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:41 am

i was talking to a freind of mine and we were talking actaually about how great the
word "bum" is. and by that i mean of the millions of people wo by madden every year
anyone can be called or considered a bum at any time.

the only people who are the exception to that rule are the people who made it to the mlg
finals in miami. funny thing is there were some people that tryd to call lil man a bum for
missing 60 yard fg.( but like i said in his case the word cannot apply cuz he was in miami)

in conclusion bum is a great word because only 8 people out of millions cannot be called a
bum but everyone else is fair game whenever the user of the word deams it nessecary or
appropriate. LOL
Back to top Go down
shane_rlly2

shane_rlly2

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:08 am

the word bum isnt lower level exclusive

people have so much pride in their madden game if somebody calls you a "bum" you get pissed(how pissed you get varies from person 2 person)
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:13 am

bums are glitchers
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 am

bums stink...see what i did there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 am

iswaggnificent wrote:
he probably thot you sucked so he was messing around with you thats what i do when i think im playing someone that sucks just mess around with them and do dumb play calls

Yeah, ... no. He figured out I didn't suck after the first series when I eventually stopped him on 4th down, but this time he called a play and I shut it down.

He also used the HB Direct snap in the 2nd half I believe.. and the Fake Punt Run in the 3rd..

You use those plays because you are a loser + cheap.. he wasn't messing around, he was being a lamer.. but I stopped it.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:47 am

same reason people swear.

poor vocab.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
xHHx_VaBeach757

xHHx_VaBeach757

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:
how come those with levels lower than ours are called "bums?" lol! why not just say that they are less experienced in madden? just wondering!

~Mili

the way i see it, nobody just bought madden today. so nobody thats played 100 games should be under a lvl 20. it just that simple, when i play games online my opponent must be:
-lvl 20 and up
-10% or less dnf
-aol of atleast 10

so yes, anyone who has played 100 games online and is not a level 20 i consider a BUM, anyone who uses the excuse "i was just labbing" i consider a BUM, anyone who blocks field goals i consider a BUM, anyone who'd rather talk about madden then play it i consider a BUM, anyone who relies on glitches and calls that there "scheme" i consider a BUM, also some people mentally are bums and just arent on your level. just plain and simple. gFF
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:46 pm

gFF_VaBeach757 wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:

~Mili

the way i see it, nobody just bought madden today. so nobody thats played 100 games should be under a lvl 20. it just that simple, when i play games online my opponent must be:

-lvl 20 and up
-10% or less dnf
-aol of atleast 10

so yes, anyone who has played 100 games online and is not a level 20 i consider a BUM, anyone who uses the excuse "i was just labbing" i consider a BUM, anyone who blocks field goals i consider a BUM, anyone who'd rather talk about madden then play it i consider a BUM, anyone who relies on glitches and calls that there "scheme" i consider a BUM, also some people mentally are bums and just arent on your level. just plain and simple. gFF

anyone who'd rather talk about madden then play it is a bum? huh? what is that? lol!

so, with this line of thinking, a lvl 19 is a bum or some cat with a 11% dnf is a bum or someone who's aol is a 9 is a bum to YOU! then....for you to say what lvl someone "should" be on (based upon how many games they chose or chose not to play in their own time) is both an assumption and irrelevant due to the fact that there are millions of cats that love the game of madden but their life doesn't revolve solely around it. other than that, a bum to me constitutes their "style" of play (i.e. glitches, D/Cing etc.)

now, on the otherhand homie, if i am trying to make this madden thing a full time gig in order to both get paid from it and to be seen or viewed as a very "eite" madden player with the likes of a Problem and Dynasty etc, to name a few....and to get the fame and tv recognition of the madden community such as they have....then maybe what you say here is accurate. for someone who craves that! other than that, to me it is just tournie talk and irrelevant to those who are not as deep into this videogame as you and others may be. nothing wrong with that of course...if that is your focus. but to trash someone who's focus is not that is just ignorant imo....cause....there are millions of cats that while they love madden, they couldn't give a rats %$# about all this other stuff in which you speak of. lol! nevertheless, this is interesting convo.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
xHHx_VaBeach757

xHHx_VaBeach757

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:

so with this line of thinking homeboy, a lvl 19 is a bum or some cat with a 11% dnf is a bum or someone who's aol is 9 is a bum to YOU! then for you to say what lvl someone "should" be on is both an assumption and irrelevant due to the fact that cats have um....what are they called again? oh yeah... jobs and a life that doesn't revolve solely around a videogame for recognition. lol!

now, on the otherhand, if i am trying to make this a madden thing a full time gig then maybe what you say here homie is accurate. other than that, it is just tournie talk and irrelevant to those who are not as deep into it as you and others may be.

so in essence, i am seeing that there are actually to scenes in the madden community. 1st...there is the tournie scene where cats think like what you have posted VaBeach. and then 2nd...the non-tournie scene where cats who play madden online for recreation couldn't give a rats %$# about all this stuff. lol! nevertheless, this is interesting convo. i enjoy it. good points.

~Mili

c'mon dawg, ive heard the whole "life" argument only when it is convinient for people to bring it up. plus people who spend all there time on message boards, should think about spending more time in the game rather then just talking about it. lol. i work a full time job controlling aircraft at NAS Oceana Master Jet Base for the NAVY (no easy task), im constantly studying for college courses, i have a wife, a house, im currently a baseball coach and a volleyball coach, i play in a beach football league and a softball league, and i play a million other games other than madden. so please to use the dried up excuse of people have lives cause my life is very active yet i find time to NOT be a bum. also if all u do is play madden online for recreation, arent u trying to win??? i mean where is yall's competitive spirit??? whether it is for money or not for money, ranked or not ranked, at a tourney or at my cousin's house, im tryin to WIN! gFF
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:28 pm

gFF_VaBeach757 wrote:

c'mon dawg, ive heard the whole "life" argument only when it is convinient for people to bring it up. plus people who spend all there time on message boards, should think about spending more time in the game rather then just talking about it. lol. i work a full time job controlling aircraft at NAS Oceana Master Jet Base for the NAVY (no easy task), im constantly studying for college courses, i have a wife, a house, im currently a baseball coach and a volleyball coach, i play in a beach football league and a softball league, and i play a million other games other than madden. so please to use the dried up excuse of people have lives cause my life is very active yet i find time to NOT be a bum. also if all u do is play madden online for recreation, arent u trying to win??? i mean where is yall's competitive spirit??? whether it is for money or not for money, ranked or not ranked, at a tourney or at my cousin's house, im tryin to WIN! gFF

"life" argument that is convenient to bring up? people spending all there time on message boards (like you are not here) should play more than talk madden? no competitive spirit? that's hilarious! lol! dude, i couldn't be a Clinically Approved and Board Certified Psychologist that OWNS 2 medical practices that i built from the ground up if i wasn't competitive. i am also highly involved with the Chamber of Commerce and i sit on the Boards of a few prestigious organizations in our community. smh!

whenever i get around to playing madden, i have also found time to NOT be a bum (by my own standards). and of course, i am always trying to win...always! irregardless of the game i am playing or whether i am playing just for recreation (down time) or with my boys online! i also enjoy good competition. but, my self-esteem and self-worth in the madden community isn't wrapped up in nor is it defined by my constant mentioning of one's rank, aol, or dnf etc in nearly every post i make or in my reply to others. for me, there is no need to constantly try to fluff up, puff up or build up my gameplay of madden by putting someone else's down. that's just assanine!

P.S. since i work for myself and pay 12 employees their salaries; if i was your boss and discovered that you were always on these Madden Bible boards (and perhaps others lurking) like i have seen....when you should be working and safely directing aircrafts...i would fire your @%$ in a minute! LOL!

~Mili

Last edited by Militant X 1 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:00 pm

The way someone plays constitutes whether they are a bum or not, and thats it..

If someone is 10-50, it does not mean that they are a bum, it just means they are not good at the game.. That in no way makes them a bum..

What beach said is completely ridiculous, about if you have played 100 games and you are not level 20 you are a bum.. You are taking a number of games and saying if you have not won this many games in this amount of games, you are a bum.. Thats just completely ridiculous

I am a level 23, record 95-23.. Im not sure if even i was a level 20 by my 100th game.. I have a pretty d@mn good record at that..

If you have that laundry list of things to do beach, how do you find time to play Madden and continuously post on here? You also must have done a good amount of labbing and research, if you were good enough to be a level 20 by the time you reached your 100th game..

In no way am i personally attacking you, i am just replying to your post, so please do not launch a bunch of personal assaults on me and turn this into a flame war
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:20 pm

gFF_VaBeach757 wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:

~Mili

-lvl 20 and up
-10% or less dnf
-aol of atleast 10

Is Big Game James a bum? He's only lvl 9 with like 60 wins and 40 losses.. that's what his record was in the GOTW Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xHHx_VaBeach757

xHHx_VaBeach757

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Quote :
="Militant X 1"life" argument that is convenient to bring up? people spending all there time on message boards (like you are not here) should play more than talk madden? no competitive spirit? that's hilarious! lol! dude, i couldn't be a Clinically Approved and Board Certified Psychologist that OWNS 2 medical practices that i built from the ground up if i wasn't competitive. i am also highly involved with the Chamber of Commerce and i sit on the Boards of a few prestigious organizations in our community. smh!

whenever i get around to playing madden, i have also found time to NOT be a bum (by my own standards). and of course, i am always trying to win...always! irregardless of the game i am playing or whether i am playing just for recreation (down time) or with my boys online! i also enjoy good competition. but, my self-esteem and self-worth in the madden community isn't wrapped up in nor is it defined by my constant mentioning of one's rank, aol, or dnf etc in nearly every post i make or in my reply to others. for me, there is no need to constantly try to fluff up, puff up or build up my gameplay of madden by putting someone else's down. that's just assanine!

P.S. since i work for myself and pay 12 employees their salaries; if i was your boss and discovered that you were always on these Madden Bible boards (and perhaps others lurking) like i have seen....when you should be working and safely directing aircrafts...i would fire your @%$ in a minute! LOL!

~Mili

guess u would be firing one of ur best employees then, ur loss.....lol, and i'd be sure to call u a bum as i left too, lol. but seriously, if someone is a bum, i will call them a bum. just that simple. if ur not a bum, and u dont play like one, then u should have nothing to worry about. smh at trying to imply that my esteem and self worth is defined by madden Sleep . im on these boards cause i enjoy talking about madden, but i enjoy playin madden more. something u should try doing, instead of just commenting on. this is a competitive game, its not team (meaning users) oriented. there's no 11 on 11 threads in here so why is it on every thread nobody wants to ball? everyone just wants to play nice. im a nice and respectful young man and have no problem being friends wit anyone on here, but that dont mean im not gonna beat my opponent's head in on the stix. but please, let me know how i "fluff up, puff up or build up my gameplay of madden by putting someone else's down". cause i dont remember doing so.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_VaBeach757

xHHx_VaBeach757

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
gFF_VaBeach757 wrote:
-lvl 20 and up
-10% or less dnf
-aol of atleast 10

Is Big Game James a bum? He's only lvl 9 with like 60 wins and 40 losses.. that's what his record was in the GOTW Very Happy

Nah, James is not a bum. ive talked to him a couple of tournys here in Virginia and MLG Orlando, he's cool. But if i didnt know him and he was just some random guy in the lobby trying to play some games online, hell no i wouldnt play him. When i play online and im always looking for the tuffest gm possible, so i wouldn't give someone with a record like a 2nd thought; if i didnt know who he was.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:36 pm

The only thing deserving of being called a bum is using a universally recognized glitch (DC glitches, offsides glitches, lagging games, etc...)

Just because someone motion snaps, nanos, etc...doesn't make them a bum.

I just tell people that if they want me to play a certain way then they need to buy me Madden 11 and I'll play by their guidelines. Until then, I'm enjoying my 60 dollar disc how I'd like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?   Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Call Lower Level Cats Bums?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: