Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Cowboys 4-4 Setup

Go down 
+2
wangtangkiki
xxPaTrioTs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xxPaTrioTs

xxPaTrioTs

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:45 pm

I was just wondering how to set up the Cowboys 4-4
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:28 pm

LE: Spencer [95 OVR if that means something..] 80 speed [Goes in coverage almost every play when I use zone coverage. He needs to have speed.]
RE: Butler 79 speed [He has slight speed because he's always in coverage too when I call zone.]
DT1: Hatcher 74 speed
DT2: Ratliff [94 OVR if that means something..] 70 speed

LOLB: Carpenter - 79 speed [I have him starting because I want my fastest players at D-line because they go in coverage a lot.. and I like this guy's hair.. it looks awesome]
MLB1: Ware - 87 speed.. 89 TAK 89 HIT POWER
MLB2: Octavien - 80 speed.. [He is basically a place holder.. I just want him to take up a block so DeMarcus Ware can go in free untouched.. he does go in coverage sometimes so he's still 80 speed.. so he's capable of covering too..]
ROLB: Jason Williams - 87 speed.. [He's always in coverage. I can put him in any type of coverage I want because of the MB Tenn scheme.. it allows you to have a player that will be a swing man.. he has BLAZING speed for a LB... one of the top10 in the game I believe.. 90 spd is the fastest.. so he's great..

CB1: Newman - 97 speed.. he's a beast.. he gets me a lot of picks.. he runs half of the field before the ball gets their, then he grabs it at the last second..
CB2: Jenkins - 93 speed.. second fastest CB.. good because of speed.. short height =[

FS: PATRICK WATKINS - 6'5" 85 SPEED.. BEAST MODE.. He's giant.. and he has good-enough speed to play deep safety.. if you don't like him here.. you can get one of the CBs that has 92 speed. Whatever you prefer =]

This is my setup from last month.. I'll post an updated version tonight.
Back to top Go down
xxPaTrioTs

xxPaTrioTs

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Cool dude, tyvm.
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta

CookieMonsta

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:17 am

I like Olshansky at DT sometimes, he doesn't have speed but he's big and strong.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:59 pm

I like to have Hatcher and Ratliff there just because they are faster.. I never want to have Olshansky there because if they start doing some running plays I want my DE/DT to be able to get to where he's going to be before the RB can break a huge one.. I've had tons of DEs tackle my opponents RB before he was going to break away.. it's been clutch for me.
Back to top Go down
Move Da ChainZ

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:50 pm

pretty good , i put sensabaugh at left outside , watkins right , ware and williams at mike linebackers , and scandrick at free safety lots of speed and when i get my edge heat usually the ball comes out like a duck and i want people who have the ability to catch and run plus carpenter is way to slow to be on the outside i mean to me at least cuz when i roll with steelers i have polamalu there.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm

Move Da ChainZ wrote:
pretty good , i put sensabaugh at left outside , watkins right , ware and williams at mike linebackers , and scandrick at free safety lots of speed and when i get my edge heat usually the ball comes out like a duck and i want people who have the ability to catch and run plus carpenter is way to slow to be on the outside i mean to me at least cuz when i roll with steelers i have polamalu there.

I play tournament style/MLG/EAFL style, so I have to have LBs at OLB.. So I audible down to the 4-4 so I can get around that..

Btw.. I'd recommend keeping Sensabaugh on the Bench, replacing Williams with Sensabaugh, put Spencer at #2 MLB.. then everytime you setup the 4-4, you put spencer in front of the center. This way, on every place, he takes up a block.. He does nothing else, so that player is useless, so I wouldn't waste Ware or Williams as the guy that takes up a block, instead have one of those two on a different position, then replace them with a lesser LB.
Back to top Go down
Move Da ChainZ

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:32 am

yeah yeah thats good , i wasnt doggin you ... just sayin on bringit and gamersaloon people sometimes dont put mlg rules or sim rules so in some ways it helps alot . but i role with the steels now so your sayin i should take casey hampton and aaron out at dt and put some speed or what?
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Move Da ChainZ wrote:
yeah yeah thats good , i wasnt doggin you ... just sayin on bringit and gamersaloon people sometimes dont put mlg rules or sim rules so in some ways it helps alot . but i role with the steels now so your sayin i should take casey hampton and aaron out at dt and put some speed or what?

Well, you want the fastest DTs on the field.. the reason is so they can make that last tackle that will keep a 3 yd gain from being a 50 yd gain.. It's very important to have the fastest people on the field at all times.. You don't even use your DL for pass rushing, you just use them to take up blocks, you use your two MLBs to get a pass rush. So if you never use the DL, you want the fastest player there so they can catch people to tackle them.. If you've ever noticed, DL have the same animations.. it's nothing like real life so it's really difficult to differentiate a good player from a bad player since there are very little animations.. In real life, a guy can fall down, or crawl under a lineman's legs.. There are no animations like that..
Back to top Go down
trothirty3

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 pm

it was on twim one of the shows its was show 18 i remember now check it out its really great id use it
Back to top Go down
SteelersPSUfan

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:54 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
LE: Spencer [95 OVR if that means something..] 80 speed [Goes in coverage almost every play when I use zone coverage. He needs to have speed.]
RE: Butler 79 speed [He has slight speed because he's always in coverage too when I call zone.]
DT1: Hatcher 74 speed
DT2: Ratliff [94 OVR if that means something..] 70 speed

LOLB: Carpenter - 79 speed [I have him starting because I want my fastest players at D-line because they go in coverage a lot.. and I like this guy's hair.. it looks awesome]
MLB1: Ware - 87 speed.. 89 TAK 89 HIT POWER
MLB2: Octavien - 80 speed.. [He is basically a place holder.. I just want him to take up a block so DeMarcus Ware can go in free untouched.. he does go in coverage sometimes so he's still 80 speed.. so he's capable of covering too..]
ROLB: Jason Williams - 87 speed.. [He's always in coverage. I can put him in any type of coverage I want because of the MB Tenn scheme.. it allows you to have a player that will be a swing man.. he has BLAZING speed for a LB... one of the top10 in the game I believe.. 90 spd is the fastest.. so he's great..

CB1: Newman - 97 speed.. he's a beast.. he gets me a lot of picks.. he runs half of the field before the ball gets their, then he grabs it at the last second..
CB2: Jenkins - 93 speed.. second fastest CB.. good because of speed.. short height =[

FS: PATRICK WATKINS - 6'5" 85 SPEED.. BEAST MODE.. He's giant.. and he has good-enough speed to play deep safety.. if you don't like him here.. you can get one of the CBs that has 92 speed. Whatever you prefer =]

This is my setup from last month.. I'll post an updated version tonight.

Thats basically my setup but instead I put J williams as my 2nd MLB and put Brady James as my ROLB. My reason for this is becasue I will sometimes not get the mlbs in the right order and ware may be the one who takes on the block. In that case i want my other fastest lbr in the middle. Also, I believe James's awareness is helpful. I have been in Monster Green and he has picked off passes to the middle of the field despite being in a hook zone. Also he is a great at block shreading and can help on the offtackle better imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 4-4 Setup   Cowboys 4-4 Setup Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowboys 4-4 Setup
Page 1 of 1