Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

total newbie need help

Go down 
+3
xHHx_JayNizz
Militant X 1
davey1867
7 posters
AuthorMessage
davey1867

davey1867

total newbie need help Empty
PostSubject: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Any sites you guys can suggest for someone new to not only Madden but the sport in general with regards to plays etc that will be easy for a begginner to understand? I've been playing Madden 10 this year but struggle big time to get good. I owned Madden 08 and stuck with it for quite some time but still couldn't get to grips with it. I won my first game on all pro skill level today (after nearly 6 months!) so you can see where im coming from! cheers!
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:01 pm

first...Welcome to Madden Bible Davey....glad that you are here.

in reference to promoting other sites, we don't do that here at MB...however, the site owners (ZFarls and SGibs) are fond of VG Sports (Madden Tips) and have openly mentioned them here on occassions. so take a look at that one. there are numerous of other maddens sites that you can use the search engine online to find. but, cruise throughout the forums here at Madden Bible and i am sure you will find what you are looking for.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
davey1867

davey1867

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:09 pm

thanks for the reply! I've just registered at their site
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:09 pm

davey1867 wrote:
Any sites you guys can suggest for someone new to not only Madden but the sport in general with regards to plays etc that will be easy for a begginner to understand? I've been playing Madden 10 this year but struggle big time to get good. I owned Madden 08 and stuck with it for quite some time but still couldn't get to grips with it. I won my first game on all pro skill level today (after nearly 6 months!) so you can see where im coming from! cheers!

first of all bro if wanna start learning how to win games you have to learn how to play it right first. that means kicking field goals and punting the ball on 4th and long. little things like this can be the difference in the out come of the game.

congrats on your first win tho, this is a great site bro make yourself at home. just by becoming a member here you got better, their is all kinds of free tips around. just be active be respectful and enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
snaponic

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:14 pm

there is no reason to ever go to vgsports. although i do have a personal vendetta against them because one of their mods dced me in game and then tried to make me look like the bad guy, they really dont have that much to offer. i know the guy who does their ebooks and he is not very good at all infact id call him a pretty bad player, but gibs and farlz are actually good and give you good *** tips so id say just stay here and look around theres toonnnsss of info here.
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 pm

i dont know about maddentips mods/ebooks but there is some pretty decent info given out by the main posters on those forums.. but at this point for a new player i would say start here
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:46 pm

snaponic wrote:
there is no reason to ever go to vgsports. although i do have a personal vendetta against them because one of their mods dced me in game and then tried to make me look like the bad guy, they really dont have that much to offer. i know the guy who does their ebooks and he is not very good at all infact id call him a pretty bad player, but gibs and farlz are actually good and give you good *** tips so id say just stay here and look around theres toonnnsss of info here.

lol! i know all about your grudge with them my friend! lol!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:49 pm

welcome to the forum dave...this site has all you need...believe me..i was n your shoes once before..now i consider myself a good competitor
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:52 pm

yeah i think a lot of us were in his shoes
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:07 pm

^^^agreed^^^
Back to top Go down
davey1867

davey1867

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:31 am

thanks for the responses guys. I believe taking one of the first tips on board has already helped. I took the advice about field goals and punting and managed to beat The Panthers 17-0 with The Packers on All Pro difficulty too. Might not sound all that special but by my standards it was a big surprise, I even managed my first user pick! haha

Im from England so the NFL isnt something they teach you from school, so it feels like im trying to learn a a whole new sport as well as a videogame. Here's hoping its not long before I can handle some online opponents!
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:25 am

Actually, I would recommend the VG Sports' Madden forum.. The whole VG Sports is basically built for just beginning players.. It doesn't really go to advanced..

MB is both... for New and old players... MB has helped me more than any other site.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:01 am

davey1867 wrote:
thanks for the responses guys. I believe taking one of the first tips on board has already helped. I took the advice about field goals and punting and managed to beat The Panthers 17-0 with The Packers on All Pro difficulty too. Might not sound all that special but by my standards it was a big surprise, I even managed my first user pick! haha

Im from England so the NFL isnt something they teach you from school, so it feels like im trying to learn a a whole new sport as well as a videogame. Here's hoping its not long before I can handle some online opponents!

what about the NFL Europe? you guys have the London Monarchs. ever watch them? i use to live in Germany for 8 years and i absolutely loved watching the Frankfurt, Galaxy play. the Amsterdam Admirals were tuff as well. lol!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
davey1867

davey1867

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:
davey1867 wrote:

what about the NFL Europe? you guys have the London Monarchs. ever watch them? i use to live in Germany for 8 years and i absolutely loved watching the Frankfurt, Galaxy play. the Amsterdam Admirals were tuff as well. lol!

~Mili

I used to watch the London Monarchs back in the day when it was shown on tv over here. They got replaced by a team from Berlin in the end apparently. The coverage of the NFL has got better over here in recent years, in fact its probably better than any other sport with 2-3 matches screened live at once. Makes for great sunday night television!
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:34 pm

davey1867 wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:
davey1867 wrote:

~Mili

I used to watch the London Monarchs back in the day when it was shown on tv over here. They got replaced by a team from Berlin in the end apparently. The coverage of the NFL has got better over here in recent years, in fact its probably better than any other sport with 2-3 matches screened live at once. Makes for great sunday night television!

was it the Berlin Thunder Davey?

~Mili
Back to top Go down
davey1867

davey1867

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Had to google it to check, you're right it was the Thunder. Apparently the league folded in 2007 unfortunately. There was Rhein Fire too so I think it must of really taken off in Germany.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:13 pm

davey1867 wrote:
Had to google it to check, you're right it was the Thunder. Apparently the league folded in 2007 unfortunately. There was Rhein Fire too so I think it must of really taken off in Germany.

it did take off in Germany! i think there were like 4-5 teams from Germany in NFL Europe. i lived 1hr from Frankfurt when i was there so of course...the Frankfurt Galaxy was my favorite! lol!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: total newbie need help   total newbie need help Empty

Back to top Go down

total newbie need help
Page 1 of 1