Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

most important ratings for each group....not speed!

Go down 
+4
ocho cinco
wangtangkiki
jordanl95
xHHx_megatron
8 posters
AuthorMessage
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

most important ratings for each group....not speed! Empty
PostSubject: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:52 am

so i keep reading on these forums that "speed" is the most important aspect on this game..Im gonna tell u why speed is not important from my experience and from the teams i run with-browns, buccs, giants, cards, (i use colts now cause im spoiling myself Very Happy ) im not gonna go over quarterbacks, punters, kickers<- these are no brainers

for OFFENSIVE linemen..speed is definetly not important..focus on run block strenght/footwork and passing strenght/footwork, awareness(if anyone has played with the colts and notice how nicely they can pick up blitzes, its because of their awareness and footwork) how is speed more important for offensive linemen that this stats?

DEFENSIVE linemen...speed is nice to have here but again not important, accelaration is better here than speed...the best overall dline on madden 10 doesnt have a player over 80 speed (minnesota vikings)...for the interior part (DT and NG) its best to have strenght (90+) blockshedding (85+), power move(88+) or finesse (for the interior its better to have more power than finesse so ur dt's wont get ate up by strong olineman) & for ends blockshedding wont be very high unless its a 3-4 system and 3-4 systems will have big strong dlinemen..but for 4 down linemen sets, d-ends wont have very high blockshedding...but the best will have a combination of both in the high 80's or 90+ for either finesse or power moves... when i was playing wit bucs it seemed like wilkerson was the guy to always bring pressure of the edge even tho he is super slow...i played and won games using the buccs against higher levels who use cowboys and other bandwagon teams...of course i lost some games using the buccs ...

RUNNING BACKS-Brandon Jacobs...the only thing bout playing with teams with slow running backs like jacobs, beanie wells, cadillac williams was that i always got caught up...but its ok tho..sometimes chunking away the yards and eating up clock can be a good thing...u can still get big plays with slow runing backs, just dont expect to break it all the way unless u break a couple tackles..carry is the most important...slow running backs are generally truckers and have good stiff arms...and will break atleast one tackle on majority of plays..catching is a plus..

RECEIVERS...everybody wants a receiver that has 95+ speed but in "madden reality" u dont even need a receiver over 88 speed..yeap its true..playing with the cardinals will make u realize why larry fitz and boldin are were the best two tandem receivers in madden 10...and they definitly are not fast..people will often matchup the cards with teams like cowboys or raiders...i think having good route running,a good beat press rating, catch in traffic, catchin, and jumping...and height.. I wouldnt sacrifice anyone of those stats for speed...when i play wit buccs or giants and face fast defenses, all i face is man press coverage and i feel like if u play man against me all game, its kinda disrespectful to me...all i did was hit my receivers on slants/posts, hit delayed routes, the c routes and caint forget umbumpable routes but eventually they figure out u caint't play me like that...

TIGHT END- this might be the only position where speed is key to having success with this position, 75 speed atleast...having a 70 speed tight end on a route is pointless against man cov..against zone, yea i can work with slow people as long as they can catch and hold on the ball...having a tightend that can do that and block for the run game is $ (kevin boss-ny giants)

LINEBACKER- speed is not needed either but nice to have...hitpower, tackling, awareness, blockshedding, pursuit and zone coverage- maybe others i missed...the cardinals dont have any speed what so ever at this position but they are awesome...i dont really blitz against the pass, but against runs, if u blitz a linebacker in the right spot with good blockshedding and power or finesse move, he will make the play....u definitly dont wanna run man coverage with slow linebackers so zone is the way to go...if u have a good blitz, the linebacker will still get thru and put heat on the quarterback...

DEFENSIVE BACKS- playing man coverage is just a bad idea to start with unless ur playing people that love streak routes on seams...u can get away with playing man cov with slow corners if they can press good and u send in a good blitz.. awareness, height, agility, jumping and having a decent catch rating is good at this position...tackling is a plus.. FS is included here wit hit power

with SS, hit power is a must and tackling is a must...but other than that its the same as above

so yea this is my opinion, feel free to add on to help others who want to know what ratings are good for each position...hope this helps

*speed is not king anymore*

on another note...on ncaa 11 it seems as tho acceleration is more important than having speed now, so its pretty safe to assume that madden will be like that...which would u have>a running back with 97 speed and 83 accerlation or a guy with 83 speed with 97 acceleration (this is my problem with the oklahoma sooners offense lol)...i like the higher acceleration for the fact that i can get to that 2-3 yards alot quicker than the defender

Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Thats how it should be acceleration should be the stat that determines how fast your back hits the hole, and speed should be getting around the corner or taking it to the house. But personally i like having speed on my defense, just helps with blitzing and coverage. But i like having a big D line that can shed blocks and make plays. And there is nothing better then a tall SS who can lay the wood Smile Great Post Megatron
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Not many people have 97 speed and 83 accel... Only a few players are like that... Demaryius Thomas = 96 speed, 87/88 accel.. That's about as far the range goes for speed to accel.

I would much rather have faster WRs/RBs.. Speed is a luxury for WRs/RBs.. If you have WRs/RBs that have a lot higher speed than anyone else on the field, they can outrun the defenders for a TD.. In Madden 10, Knowshon Moreno would be caught from behind EASILY.. He has 88 speed and 97 accel.. in Madden 11, apparently he is gonna be great.. I'm not sure about his accel being that high.. He did terrible last year even though he had ~930 yds last season..

He should be caught from behind in MAdden because he's caught from behind in the NFL. Like I was saying, if you have an 88 speed WR, you catch a streak.. You will have a greater chance of getting caught from behind than a 96 speed WR.. That's VERY bad.. If you have an open field.. no one in front, you have a TD.. but not if you have slow speed.. It could be the last play of the game.. I got tackled by Polamalu on the last play of the game.. It was from behind but it wasn't a slow player.. It was Eddie Royal.. just think if it was an 88 speed player.. I wouldn't have been even close.. I got to the 2 yd line.

Either way, if Madden is based on acceleration rather than speed, it's still bad. You should have a game based on an accumulation of all stats.. NEVER have ratings that do not work.. [awareness, run block strength, run block footwork, pass block strength, pass block footwork, toughness, strength, ball carrier vision, catch, play recognition, pursuit, kick accuracy, zone coverage, and route running.]
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:40 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
Not many people have 97 speed and 83 accel... Only a few players are like that... Demaryius Thomas = 96 speed, 87/88 accel.. That's about as far the range goes for speed to accel.I would much rather have faster WRs/RBs.. Speed is a luxury for WRs/RBs.. If you have WRs/RBs that have a lot higher speed than anyone else on the field, they can outrun the defenders for a TD.. In Madden 10, Knowshon Moreno would be caught from behind EASILY.. He has 88 speed and 97 accel.. in Madden 11, apparently he is gonna be great.. I'm not sure about his accel being that high.. He did terrible last year even though he had ~930 yds last season..

He should be caught from behind in MAdden because he's caught from behind in the NFL. Like I was saying, if you have an 88 speed WR, you catch a streak.. You will have a greater chance of getting caught from behind than a 96 speed WR.. That's VERY bad.. If you have an open field.. no one in front, you have a TD.. but not if you have slow speed.. It could be the last play of the game.. I got tackled by Polamalu on the last play of the game.. It was from behind but it wasn't a slow player.. It was Eddie Royal.. just think if it was an 88 speed player.. I wouldn't have been even close.. I got to the 2 yd line.

Either way, if Madden is based on acceleration rather than speed, it's still bad. You should have a game based on an accumulation of all stats.. NEVER have ratings that do not work.. [awareness, run block strength, run block footwork, pass block strength, pass block footwork, toughness, strength, ball carrier vision, catch, play recognition, pursuit, kick accuracy, zone coverage, and route running.]

yea i was kinda referring to ncaa...oklahoma sooners offense features a wr wit 97 speed 83 acceleration and our best receiver has 83 speed but wit 97 acceleration...oklahoma got screwed this year...broyles(#85) is alot faster than 83 speed and demarco murray (#7 rb) is faster than 83 speed as well..last year both of them had a speed rating of 94-95..if u played ncaa then u will notice acceleration is big, but it is speed which allows for the homerun td's...

and all those ratings do work.... how can u say they dont..ball carrier vision is dumb and kick accuracy is too lenient<i agree... route running is why players like reggie wayne and larry fitz or boldin can get separation from the best dbs...toughness decides how soon a player returns from an injury or if he can still play wit an injury...pursuit is like if a defender will give up on a play.....
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 pm

All of your descriptions of the ratings that don't work is how they should work.. Pursuit doesn't work.. Everyone was terrible at pursuit angles in M10.. That's why off-tackle worked so well.. LBs took very bad angles..

Awareness -
I have fast LBs [87 spd], but 30~ awareness players making plays.. LBs fall for PA every time..
Run Block Strength - Obvious
Run Block Footwork - Obvious
Pass Block Strength - Obvious
Pass Block Footwork - Obvious
Toughness - Not exactly sure that you can test toughness, but I know I've had tough players have season ending injuries...
Strength - What will it have effect on? Other than fight for the fumble, what will it affect? Finesse/Power Moves & Block Shedding determine how you take on offensive lineman.. Hit Power takes over for hitting..
BCV - No effect when usering RB.. CPU is TERRIBLE at controlling players.. They do spin moves when it would not help you gain yards.. [I see this primarily in practice mode.. I don't play the CPU often, but everytime I do they are bad at running lanes.. ] - They had an issue with RBs not following blockers well.. it was apart of a patch. If they can't get it right WITHOUT taking ratings into account, how will they get it right with ratings.
Catch - I put guys with 12 catch at TE, and they still catch the ball. Warrior4God made a big deal saying that OL can't catch.. He was adamant about it.. I proved him wrong.
Play Recognition - LBs will fall for PA every time..
Pursuit - See: Off-Tackle
Kick Accuracy - It doesn't matter what your kicker's accuracy is when you kick.. CPU always misses kicks.. SHORT ones well within range/accuracy of the kicker in question..
Zone Coverage - Put your whole team in zones.. They will all mimic one another.. The only difference is where they are positioned.. Prevent Quarters D.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYAazP5qgnE Look at my 3 players.. They are in deep zones.. They get burned DEEP on a Clown route.. It's ZONE.. They move right to left in IDENTICAL fashion..
Route Running - All players run routes exactly the same.. Only times you'll see routes messed up is when a WR/RB bumps into another player and gets re-directed.. He does nothing to correct the route.. needs to be fixed. ; Players get separation based on the routes and PURE randomness, not based on a route running rating.
Back to top Go down
ocho cinco

ocho cinco

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:06 pm

thanks for the inf. guys this is really going to help out alot people specially me didnt know how to choose the right player for the right spots . thanks for the 411 guys . cheers
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:56 am

wangtangkiki wrote:
All of your descriptions of the ratings that don't work is how they should work.. Pursuit doesn't work.. Everyone was terrible at pursuit angles in M10.. That's why off-tackle worked so well.. LBs took very bad angles..

Awareness -
I have fast LBs [87 spd], but 30~ awareness players making plays.. LBs fall for PA every time..
Run Block Strength - Obvious
Run Block Footwork - Obvious
Pass Block Strength - Obvious
Pass Block Footwork - Obvious
Toughness - Not exactly sure that you can test toughness, but I know I've had tough players have season ending injuries...
Strength - What will it have effect on? Other than fight for the fumble, what will it affect? Finesse/Power Moves & Block Shedding determine how you take on offensive lineman.. Hit Power takes over for hitting..
BCV - No effect when usering RB.. CPU is TERRIBLE at controlling players.. They do spin moves when it would not help you gain yards.. [I see this primarily in practice mode.. I don't play the CPU often, but everytime I do they are bad at running lanes.. ] - They had an issue with RBs not following blockers well.. it was apart of a patch. If they can't get it right WITHOUT taking ratings into account, how will they get it right with ratings.
Catch - I put guys with 12 catch at TE, and they still catch the ball. Warrior4God made a big deal saying that OL can't catch.. He was adamant about it.. I proved him wrong.
Play Recognition - LBs will fall for PA every time..
Pursuit - See: Off-Tackle
Kick Accuracy - It doesn't matter what your kicker's accuracy is when you kick.. CPU always misses kicks.. SHORT ones well within range/accuracy of the kicker in question..
Zone Coverage - Put your whole team in zones.. They will all mimic one another.. The only difference is where they are positioned.. Prevent Quarters D.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYAazP5qgnE Look at my 3 players.. They are in deep zones.. They get burned DEEP on a Clown route.. It's ZONE.. They move right to left in IDENTICAL fashion..
Route Running - All players run routes exactly the same.. Only times you'll see routes messed up is when a WR/RB bumps into another player and gets re-directed.. He does nothing to correct the route.. needs to be fixed. ; Players get separation based on the routes and PURE randomness, not based on a route running rating.

awareness- ok anybody on defense can make a play...its defense....explain why dlinemen will follow hb on screens even when u dont use de contain...yes thank u very much, my point exactly...awareness...

strenght- primarily for linemen...if an offensive lineman is not strong period, then it will effect his runblock strenght and pass block strenght and will get ate up by defensive linemen that use STRENGHT(such as 3-4 linemen) to their advantange-hence power moves are not effective with weak defensive linemen...

catch- ok anybody has the potential to catch a ball...lol...yes i have played against people who sub offensive tackles at tight end position and put them out in routes...i could care less if my opponent throws to them...because the chances of him dropping the ball are much greater than him catching it...that is where the catch rating comes in...the higher the rating, the better chances of him catching the ball...a catch rating of 12 means that player still has the ability to catch the ball

zone coverage-there are many posts such as the clown route that will beat zone and man coverage...happens in real life..crossing routes to keep safety occupied with a post over the top...thats where players like randy moss and desean jackson make their fortune...its all bout scheming when playing against zone coverage

route running-well since u play with the cowboys...use the tightends as examples...put bennet on a route and put witten on the same exact route...who runs it better? a player with low route running rating will make his breaks in and out of a route alot slower than a player with higher route running...

and thats how the cookie crumbles...
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:35 am

Strength & all offensive line blocking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0yTtzj4Ezk

Why do punters suffice? They shouldn't but they do..

Catch - A 12 rating is low.. but somehow my RT will catch any flat pass I throw him.. Btw.. There is a difference between catch and catch in traffic.. Catch in traffic is really the one that matters.. CIT has to do with you catching the ball and the 1.5sec afterwards.. Catch means nothing.. CIT = everything.. I put McQuistan and Adams as TEs.. same speed/accel/agi; Flozell 99 catch, McQuistan 12 catch.. They couldn't catch a thing because they were always contacted as they were hit.. Now if I had their CIT at a normal level of a WR.. they would make catches like any WR.. Adams & McQuistan would always catch a pass if they weren't hit while catching it.. CIT is what it means.. Catch is different.. It's like how Braylon Edwards drops a pass when he's wide open.. That doesn't happen in Madden unless you hold turbo.. Catch doesn't work.. CIT does.

Zone Coverage - If you looked at that video, ALL 3 of my players reacted the same even though they have different zone coverage ratings.. Why? If the zone rating worked, they all would have played it differently..

Route Running - They both run the route EXACTLY the same.. Try it out.. - I just tested it myself.. Changed Austin and Williams to have exactly the same speed/accel/agi ; Austin had 99 RR, Williams 12.. They got the exact same separation.. I put them in slants to the middle of the field.. They intersected in the direct middle of the field.. aligned up with the QB.. If they got out of their breaks better, then one would get their first.. Both arrived at the same time.. The routes I was referring to where I said they got separation was on the Clown route.. 12 RR Williams juked out his defender as did 99 RR Austin.. No difference.. -------- Even on Post Corners.. they ended up at the exact same place at the end of the route.. and yes, at the exact same time.. Same separation too..

I forgot about two more that don't work...

Press Coverage - Rating doesn't matter.. You'll always press perfectly vs. any WR.. even if the WR has 99 release like Marshall..

Release - Same thing... Marshall has 99 release yet he is jammed everytime.. by SCRUB CBs too..

Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:30 am

simple routes dont count and slants are easy routes to do, i should have made reference to out routes, and u will see...why are u changing stats to try to prove ur point? put witten and bennet on 10 yard in routes and see who gets aligned with the quarterback quicker...

route running is not running the same route differently...its how well the receiver cuts in and out of his route...thats a better way to put it...but ya understand? a slant is a 2-3 step and break...do an out route....the receiver runs a straight line,stutters, turn 90 degrees to complete his route...that is a better route if u want to prove me wrong

the clown route is designed to do that just like PC...its a double move..

I know what CIT is...but i did not referred to that at all, but CIT does plays more of a role than the catch rating...u can hold turbo and catch the ball, i dunno where u get stuff like that from... that stuff sounds really dumb and im making myself look dumb by arguing this...LOL marshall doesnt have a 100 release...and he does not get jammed every single time..unless ur playing against the broncos and have it on rookie..
and u dont press perfectly everytime...lol im not a madden rookie
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:41 am

I have already stated where i stand on da issue
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 pm

looks like ACC is very important thus far. We will see how it plays out though
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Good post megatron, Let me know if I can clean that up and guest post it on MB. Some good ideas in there! Mythbusted
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:12 pm

i still think speed is the most important rating yeah some of those other ratings do matter but SPEED KILLS!!!
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Megatron_81 wrote:
simple routes dont count and slants are easy routes to do, i should have made reference to out routes, and u will see...why are u changing stats to try to prove ur point? put witten and bennet on 10 yard in routes and see who gets aligned with the quarterback quicker...

route running is not running the same route differently...its how well the receiver cuts in and out of his route...thats a better way to put it...but ya understand? a slant is a 2-3 step and break...do an out route....the receiver runs a straight line,stutters, turn 90 degrees to complete his route...that is a better route if u want to prove me wrong

I know what CIT is...but i did not referred to that at all, but CIT does plays more of a role than the catch rating...u can hold turbo and catch the ball, i dunno where u get stuff like that from... that stuff sounds really dumb and im making myself look dumb by arguing this...LOL marshall doesnt have a 100 release...and he does not get jammed every single time..unless ur playing against the broncos and have it on rookie..

What... Really? Why am I changing stats to prove a point? So the results are BLATANTLY OBVIOUS.. 99 route running vs 12 route running.. The difference is EASY to see.. If I didn't change the stats, whichever player was faster would align with the QB sooner..

Marshall has 99 release..

Double moves are the more complex routes.. They are meant to get separation.. but that doesn't always mean they should.. Williams and Austin got separation everytime.. They were always wide open. Austin's RR: 99 Williams' RR: 12 ; They were both opens.. If RR worked, why did Williams still get separation? If you are a poor route runner in the NFL, the DBs can read what route you are about to do.. They won't fall for a double move if you don't know how to fake the first cut.. YET.. They do..

"route running is not running the same route differently...its how well the receiver cuts in and out of his route."
I know this.. but if two players have different route running abilities.. such as one being nearly perfect [99 - Austin] and the other being terrible [12 - Williams], they should run the route differently.. One should get out of his break slower/faster/better.. possibly even fall if they are bad at a route.. [ I just tested the route running factor again but with an out route. There was no discernible difference in the way routes were rain based on the route running route, BUT there was something odd. I'm not sure what it depends on, but sometimes one WR will get a little speed boost while running his route. I don't know exactly what it is but I do know that it isn't RR.. One time Witten [75 spd 78 acc 99 RR] beat Bennett [80 acc 78 spd 12 RR], then another time Bennett beat Witten.. It happened several times.. but the difference wasn't a large amount.. Possibly 1 to 2 feet. I thought it could be where they were on the field.. So I just flipped their positions and made them run the same route.. The speed burst didn't occur a few times.. but it occurred on both receiver positions with both players.. I believe it's just random.. If your WR lines up in a way, it could make his first step further.. something of the sort.

I play on All-Pro for ranked games, and All-Madden for the EAFL.. I can't believe you haven't seen the posts all over the internet about how press coverage is over effective.. It's way too effective.. You will notice it if you use the play WR Post Corner a lot.. If your opponent presses you on that play, you are basically screwed.. They rarely get off the press in time to make the PC work.. Also, I know this very well first hand.. My WRs would NEVER get off press when I used the Cowboys.. 80 press for Austin and 86 for Williams.. They would never get off.. It was always the same stupid animation.. I remember when I played on Pro or All-Pro it was.. I can't remember for sure, but I saw one or two times where Marshall would chuck the CB out of the way.. I rarely saw that animation.. definitely don't see it on All-Madden..

"u can hold turbo and catch the ball, i dunno where u get stuff like that from... that stuff sounds really dumb and im making myself look dumb by arguing this"

What? Do you even play this game? It's common knowledge that if you hold turbo while trying to catch the ball like on a flat pass to a RB.. you won't catch it.. It happens a lot.
I know you didn't refer to CIT.. I'm telling you that catch is just catching the ball in the open. Catch in traffic is when a WR comes into contact with a defender.. There's a chance that the ball will come out. I explained that catch is the chance that you'll catch the ball in the open.. CIT is for getting hit. You shouldn't be able to catch the ball with 12 catch.. A lot of offensive and defensive lineman can not catch a football cleanly..

I don't get why you are trying to insult me. I'm just stating facts from what I've tested.. I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just showing you what I've found with this game.. Btw, what did you think about my OL video? Do you think OL ratings still work?

Last edited by wangtangkiki on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:30 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
Megatron_81 wrote:

What... Really? Why am I changing stats to prove a point? So the results are BLATANTLY OBVIOUS.. 99 route running vs 12 route running.. The difference is EASY to see.. If I didn't change the stats, whichever player was faster would align with the QB sooner..

Double moves are the more complex routes.. They are meant to get separation.. but that doesn't always mean they should.. Williams and Austin got separation everytime.. They were always wide open. Austin's RR: 99 Williams' RR: 12 ; They were both opens.. If RR worked, why did Williams still get separation? If you are a poor route runner in the NFL, the DBs can read what route you are about to do.. They won't fall for a double move if you don't know how to fake the first cut.. YET.. They do..

I play on All-Pro for ranked games, and All-Madden for the EAFL.. I can't believe you haven't seen the posts all over the internet about how press coverage is over effective.. It's way too effective.. You will notice it if you use the play WR Post Corner a lot.. If your opponent presses you on that play, you are basically screwed.. They rarely get off the press in time to make the PC work..

PC is stopped by man pressed sort of...run corner strike...the c routes...marshall will get a clean release more times than not or any receiver with a good beat press...

yea if u jack up the other stats than agility will play more of the role which u had 99
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 pm

ZFarls wrote:
Good post megatron, Let me know if I can clean that up and guest post it on MB. Some good ideas in there! Mythbusted

yah im cool wit it.....and what do u mean mythbusted??
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:15 am

Megatron_81 wrote:
wangtangkiki wrote:
Megatron_81 wrote:

I play on All-Pro for ranked games, and All-Madden for the EAFL.. I can't believe you haven't seen the posts all over the internet about how press coverage is over effective.. It's way too effective.. You will notice it if you use the play WR Post Corner a lot.. If your opponent presses you on that play, you are basically screwed.. They rarely get off the press in time to make the PC work..

PC is stopped by man pressed sort of...run corner strike...the c routes...marshall will get a clean release more times than not or any receiver with a good beat press...

yea if u jack up the other stats than agility will play more of the role which u had 99

I added more to my post that you just quoted.

What do you mean with your last sentence? I don't understand it.. I didn't have 99 agility or 99 anything other than catch/route running.

I changed Williams and Austin to have the exact same stats relating to movement. 94 speed - 93 agi, 94 accel. I moved Williams' speed up from 88, his agi up from 84, and acc from 87. I needed to make these all the same to test route running. I didn't want any movement stats to effect the way the routes were ran.

For the catch test, I put McQuistan & Flozell Adams at the same speed /accel /agi; I did this just incase.. Not that it mattered but I just wanted to put them both on the field at once and throw to them to see if they could catch the ball.

I have done the catch test before, but never the route running.. I just thought it was obvious that it doesn't have an effect on the way players run routes..

I just did a test with Witten and Bennett; I didn't change their stats other than route running.

By the way, the best thing to get separation: Speed, not route running.
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:54 am

route runnning does have an effect at least i notice acouple time but not many special with running back
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:15 am

route running most deff has an effect...lol try using ATL in madden 08 an say otherwise

there was Roddy White (after EA bumped him up) and L. Robinson. Both of them had the same physical features...but white was a better route runner and catcher. Robinson was only good for stretching the defense and running simple routes like drags. while white did good at all aspects of the passing game
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:30 pm

WFColonel56 wrote:
route running most deff has an effect...lol try using ATL in madden 08 an say otherwise

there was Roddy White (after EA bumped him up) and L. Robinson. Both of them had the same physical features...but white was a better route runner and catcher. Robinson was only good for stretching the defense and running simple routes like drags. while white did good at all aspects of the passing game

I'm speaking about Madden 10. Why is it that on every single play every WR runs the route exactly like the last one? The only difference is whichever one is faster will get there differently.. They make the cuts the same..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most important ratings for each group....not speed!   most important ratings for each group....not speed! Empty

Back to top Go down

most important ratings for each group....not speed!
Page 1 of 1