Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.

Go down 
+9
jferg23
JokerGotDots
trothirty3
ubert123
WFColonel56
xHHx_JayNizz
Buccaneer2019
wangtangkiki
JakeH23
13 posters
AuthorMessage
JakeH23

JakeH23

The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. Empty
PostSubject: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:37 pm

How to?!

It seem as simple as turning around, facing the quarterback and pressing "Y".

What are some good plays in the demo to do it on?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakeh23
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:19 am

LMAO.. That's basically it.. It's as simple as that..

Use the fade route.. Most basic/easiest route to do it with..

Especially with Cover 2 or 3.. It fades to the sideline aka away from the CB or S covering the part of the field you are in.

I threw a RC to Edwards over 2 Colts defenders.. It was very easy..
Back to top Go down
Buccaneer2019

Buccaneer2019

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:49 am

So which way do you guys spin your player around?
I know its sounds dumb, but to the sideline or away from the sideline??

I dont know but I just cant get the RC this year...
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:53 am

its still early and its only the demo, no worries once the game comes out you can jump into practice mode.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:11 am

i have no problem getting the RC animation i just can't get edwards to come down with it haha

RC is in the game you just have to know how to find it.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:46 am

If I throw to the right sideline, I will slightly spin my left stick to the left in a semi-circle. BUT, it just depends on where I am & the position of the ball. You'll see in the videos below that I do it in both directions, it just depends on where the ball is. I don't know exactly why I turn it that way.. I did it without thinking lol.

I don't do it as a quick motion, I take my time.. You can see in my videos how the WR will "dip", I'm turning slightly to cause that motion.

Back to top Go down
JakeH23

JakeH23

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:44 am

Here's my thing. I can do it against the CPU all day. Put me against a user player though and I can only pull it off once or twice a game.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:16 pm

thats the main question. How effective are the Spac catch and RC vs real humans. From what i have seen in 90% videos if those catches were just man vs man and a user clicked on those catches would not have happened

Lets take wangs 2 videos for example.....and yes i do knw that those were prob not wang showing a complete mastering of the RC, he was just showing it in a game....

IMO in the 1st one it would have been an easy click and swat

in the 2nd one i cant really tell what that defense was, but i mite be leaning toward some sort of defense with the CB's in a deep zone (not a full cov 3 becuz of hoe the rest of the D acts) but based off of the cbs movement since he paused and went in a few steps based on the slots route.... But it could be a man d idk......but anyway that could have been a swat if user controlled....or he would have gotten that swat that turns into a tackle animation but who knws if that would have forced a drop or not

btw it has been forever and my mind still says his name is wangtangtiki
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:05 pm

LoL Smile Get it right, it's kiki!!! jk;

Well the problem is if you click on to the CB too late, the CB will do that ridiculous animation were he thinks the ball is going out of bounds, when you know its not.. and there's nothing you can do about it.

Honestly, those rockets remind me of last year.. You can still get higher than a DB with a WR..
Back to top Go down
ubert123

ubert123

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:51 pm

strafe button. check it out...
Back to top Go down
trothirty3

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:15 pm

ill check it out
Back to top Go down
JokerGotDots

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:38 pm

im gonna say this, the Demo and the game are 2 different things, i been playing the retail version the past week and yes u can RC and yes its not that hard, but if you are playing someone with stick it will get snatched, there are a few routes where you can get the spec catch animation but again the defense can get up there just like the offense and pick it. thats all im going to say
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 pm

We will see at the next MC.. RC will exist more than likely.
Back to top Go down
jferg23

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:12 am

lol i think its pretty d@mn hard to user pick a sidline out rc but hey thats just me
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:31 am

JokerGotDots wrote:
im gonna say this, the Demo and the game are 2 different things, i been playing the retail version the past week and yes u can RC and yes its not that hard, but if you are playing someone with stick it will get snatched, there are a few routes where you can get the spec catch animation but again the defense can get up there just like the offense and pick it. thats all im going to say

yea the rc is alot easier to defend..but the spec catch, if i use calvin johnson(6-5, 97 spec catch, 98 jumping) im sorry, but there is no corner in the league that will help u..even if u did stop it, its not possible to stop it on a consistant basis...its the same with ncaa and when i played wit USC or LSU, i have yet to see anyone stop the spec catch...well the closest thing is my receiver drops the ball, but thats every once in a while...

Back to top Go down
JokerGotDots

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:36 am

wangtangkiki wrote:
We will see at the next MC.. RC will exist more than likely.
where in my post did i say there will be no RC, yes there is gon be rc but it is gon be snatched if u got stick, from wat i see on ur videos ur playin the demo and anyone good is gon tell you they are two different things. and madden spec catch is even close to ncaa they barely get off the d@mn ground lol, but if u want to base ur offense around rc and spec go for it i will enjoy playing you lol
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:47 am

nah im too good to base my offense around that stuff, i dont even need to rc...i just incorporate that stuff into my schemes as a last resort or 3rd read...i never abused OT,never ran post corners or threw to flats, anything cheesy from madden 10 i never did, well i rc once in a while lol...but yea...all my sh!t is transferrable to this madden... im more eager to get into my defensive playbook than anything
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:48 am

Seems like the spec catch is looking pretty nice this year. We had some cool ways to auto trigger it in 08 and will look for that type of route again this year. We never rely on the RC but when its good, its good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
JakeH23

JakeH23

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 am

Holy crap. it is kiki. i've been around these boards for quite awhile and I never caught that.
Back to top Go down
kr111s

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:33 pm

The only route i can do atm is the smart routed out.

Route: Out, Smart Routed
When to throw: Step after the cut
Pass Lead: Up
Click on: Half a second after throw
Left Stick: Straight Down

If theres better ways please tell!

Also it would be cool if everyone could maybe follow the style ive just done with all the different routes, it would really help everyone, especially me Razz

Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:59 pm

JakeH23 wrote:
Holy crap. it is kiki. i've been around these boards for quite awhile and I never caught that.
lol..... and now that u have noticed u still want to call him tiki

I think we should start a petition to change wangs name to wang tang tiki.......gibs and farls get on this lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
trothirty3

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:37 pm

do u have to make the user circle to rocket catch or can u do right stick this year
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:44 pm

no right stick this year thankfully...now it takes a lil skill to do a "rocket/user catch" just like in 09, but wont be as crazy good like in 09 lol
Back to top Go down
dablitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:04 pm

try left stick str8 down...dont need to strafe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.   The official Madden 11 Rocket topic. Empty

Back to top Go down

The official Madden 11 Rocket topic.
Page 1 of 1