Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

User Catch question

Go down 
+4
xhhxbronco
gatorguy146
sgibs
steelersfan0023
8 posters
AuthorMessage
steelersfan0023

User Catch question Empty
PostSubject: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:59 pm

So I have been practicing the rocket catch and i'm starting to get better at it I am running the same play as shown in the video and im running it against a cover three. My question is, when I fully get the RC down and am comfortable using it in a game what situations is it good to use in? Man v man zone, and are the certain routes or plays you should RC on?
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:24 pm

try it both and use what you like...there will be more space with zones. my two scents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
gatorguy146

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:07 am

Seems like i get more bad throws vs man but if you get it where the defender is right on ur wrs butt you can turn around and the cb will just keep running and you can make a big play where in zone you kinda catch it and they swarm on you.
Back to top Go down
steelersfan0023

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:09 am

thanks guys
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:19 am

its getting harder and harder every year. this far in the seaseon...i say just use it as a aid.

always have one RC route but make sure its your 3rd or 4th option!
Back to top Go down
xhhxbronco

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:27 am

sgibs7 wrote:
its getting harder and harder every year. this far in the seaseon...i say just use it as a aid.

always have one RC route but make sure its your 3rd or 4th option!

This is very true it can no longer be your #1 or #2 read those years are over.
Back to top Go down
champ0303

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 am

my question is when u pull down on your left analog stick, do you just pull it straight down or down and towards the qb, for the rocket catch?
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:10 am

try both...it works both ways.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:59 am

You guys are crazy, rocket catch can be your first option. All you have to do is a hot route a fade, lob the ball, get your WR in position. Every 3rd down and 8+ it's always been my first down play.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:03 pm

tried that a bunch^ gets picked a lot. Labbed it crazy to see its effectiveness with some guys in the "crew"...they pick it
Back to top Go down
champ0303

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:33 pm

a you guys need 2 check out Green Bay's offensive playbook. Its a very good very balanced playabook.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:58 pm

I always have 10 yd out routes as my bail out.. They are better than streaks IMO & RC.. Streaks are difficult for me to RC without lobbing.

10 yd out route & lob it once he makes his cut. It's pretty nice.. Fade routes work great too.

I love to Spec Catch too though.. Try come back routes that are close to the sideline, you'll get a 1 handed catch animation over CBs.. There are several comeback routes in the Broncos book.. but there is a play from Gun - Wing Trips Wk called Broncos Dbl Ins that has a comeback route, plus it beats cover 3 because the TE will do a clearing route & the middle of the field is wide open.. If none of those reads are open, you look to throw to the comeback or even better, this weird curl route.. It's the route that everyone made a big deal about last year.. it was in NE/DEN book only, you could RC it like 09. [but I think you can RC outs like 09.. I never played, just saw videos of it]
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:11 pm

i just do slants to the outside...against zone i can user catch and get a spec catch animation and against man i have a chance to burn the db...i.i like to use slants out in a combination with a flat route.. just kills zone lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: User Catch question   User Catch question Empty

Back to top Go down

User Catch question
Page 1 of 1