Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Anyone Good Enough?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lionhartzero

lionhartzero

Anyone Good Enough? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:57 pm

hey guys... I have a friend who I constantly punished in every Madden up until this year when he found the 49ers. I use the jets and have a prety good record, so it's not like I'm brand new to the game or anything but since he found the speed of SF I can't stop him. Their O and D is almost perfect.u can't run becuz of Willis and the LB squad, and passing is toug becuz he user picls everything all of a sudden. I've given up with trying to beat him with NYJ and have been looking for new PBs and teams and think that I've narrowed it down to Dalas, Oak or Chicago (all teams with solid run/pass defense and good speed on both sides of the ball). He loves screen plays to Gore, using the ridiculouslyfast Vernon Davis or slants to Ginn. Could anyone recommend a team and defensive playbook to handle San Fran?

also while ur at it, against a team like them would you abandon the run? What O PB would you consider? I usually prefer ones with a 60/40 pass/run selection. I'm hearing alot about KC's pb...gotta chk it out
Back to top Go down
gretzky17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Dude, the CBs are slow as anything- nobody except mays in their WHOLE secondary is above like 88 speed. Pick patriots/ texans and just burn them deep.
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:08 pm

lionhartzero wrote:
hey guys... I have a friend who I constantly punished in every Madden up until this year when he found the 49ers. I use the jets and have a prety good record, so it's not like I'm brand new to the game or anything but since he found the speed of SF I can't stop him. Their O and D is almost perfect.u can't run becuz of Willis and the LB squad, and passing is toug becuz he user picls everything all of a sudden. I've given up with trying to beat him with NYJ and have been looking for new PBs and teams and think that I've narrowed it down to Dalas, Oak or Chicago (all teams with solid run/pass defense and good speed on both sides of the ball). He loves screen plays to Gore, using the ridiculouslyfast Vernon Davis or slants to Ginn. Could anyone recommend a team and defensive playbook to handle San Fran?

also while ur at it, against a team like them would you abandon the run? What O PB would you consider? I usually prefer ones with a 60/40 pass/run selection. I'm hearing alot about KC's pb...gotta chk it out

In madden, ANY team can handle any other team. It all depends on how you run them and playcalling. NEVER abandon the run unless you are down by a lot later in the game. There are a lot of great O PBs this year. I personally run PIT O. ARI is a great book and is pass-happy. As far, as D, 46 and NYJ are the most popular books this year IMO.
Back to top Go down
lionhartzero

lionhartzero

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:49 pm

thx guys..u mentioned using the texans, but how is their defense? You think their D would be able to watch V Davis and Gore betwe than Oakland or CHI? Thx guys.
Back to top Go down
maddenmike1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:26 pm

I agree with you lionhart. My friend uses the Niners and that's the only reason he stays in games. There LB speed is ridiculous. That's the thing, there corners are average speed but you don't have to get out of 3-4 or nickel to handle 4 or less WR sets. There LB's cover better and are bigger then corners. So you don't really have to sacrifice either run or pass. If your good at usering even better. Send Willis on a blitz and he's in there like a qb spy glitch.Lol! And for some reason they're 0-3, Alex Smith sucks and they can't move the ball at all in real life. But in Madden my friend can throw deep slants and streaks to Ginn and Davis no problem. They are a headache to deal with.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 pm

3-4 is a really easy formation to read coverages with though.. You just gotta know what you are doing..

It's gonna be hard to find anyone that can cover Vernon Davis as a LB.. I would honestly do 4-6 Normal Speed package.. I would put a 6'1" 90+ speed player there.. Aka like Michael Huff or Routt.. 6'0" would work if you have enough jump.. like Tyvon Branch.. I beat a guy in a ranked game that used the SF 49ers yesterday.. He couldn't keep up with the Raiders speed.. Speed kills.. OVR doesn't matter as much as you think.. Hey-Bey is a great WR.. 6'2" 97 spd, 98 acc, 81 CIT.. Sounds like almost perfect to me.. If he was an inch taller.. even better.. aka almost unstoppable if he was 6'3"..

They have a great WR core.. Chaz Schilens.. 6'4" 92 speed 94 acc.. 75~ CIT [not good CIT but it works..]

High CIT guy with like 85? in Murphy.. he's 6'2"

Hey-Bey is their best receiver.. 97 speed, 98 acc, 6'2" 81 CIT..
Jacoby Ford is crazy fast.. and VERY agile.. HeyBey has 88 agi, it works for me because I just run away from people.. well with Ford, I can run AROUND people.. it's insane.. He's only like 5'9" but he's 97 speed, 95? acc, 95 agi..

Murphy is going up in the next update.. I think Gradkowski's getting a bump in stats too.. hopefully to deep acc.. If he gets more than 70 deep acc, he's better to start than Campbell.. Gradkowski has like 89 short ac, 81 med, and 60 dac.

The defense... is the Raiders defense..

Back to top Go down
lionhartzero

lionhartzero

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Good point. I just used the Raiders for the first time against a friend who used Jacksonville and I benched Campbell asap (good move?). My offense couldnt be kept up with, but my defense got picked apart somehow. However, I did play my friend who uses SF and i actually beat him by ONE touchdown by using Chicago. Hester/Knox combo was awesome, and Forte was able to carry his load as well. Vernon Davis and Ginn Jr. still beat the hell out of me though... Tomorrow when he gets his rematch I'll be using Oakland and I plan on trying to substitute one of the corners in as a LB so that I can set him up in the defensive assignments to cover Vernon Davis every play...or should I just try to manually cover him with a Safety and leave my LB core as is?
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:46 pm

Heres a setup for the 46 normal (speed package)defense.

LE - Groves
RE - Wimbley
DT1 - Seymour
DT2 - Henderson

ROLB(3rd CB b/c of speed pkg) - Routt
LOLB(4th CB b/c of speed pkg) - Branch
MLB - Howard

CB1 - Aso
CB2. C.Johnson

FS- Mitchell
SS - Huff

Reasonings - Groves and Wimbley are great pass rushers when on the Dline and Wimbley is a (97 ovr?) when placed at DE. Seymour & Henderson, BEEF, 'nuff said. The speed package is used to maximize the use of the Oakland secondary. You have Routt over on the left side because he covers RBs in most formations(95 speed) and Branch because he he has a combination of speed (93) and hit power(78). Branch will be able to shut down TEs and other WRs. Howard is at MLB because of his 88 speed and can easily man up with RBs out of the backfield. Huff is at SS because hes faster then Branch with 95 speed. He is great for SS blitzes/nanos with 94 acceleration You want to user Mitchell at FS because of his 91 hit power. He has 87 speed, which solid, but his hit power makes up for that!. Aso is where he's at because...he's Aso! Planet Aso all day! Johnson is at CB2 because he has 97 speed and is over 6'0. Gotta love it !. This setup utilizes the tremendous amount of speed that the Raiders posses. Hope you have success with this.

**note: this isnt my original setup. This setup was provided to me by Wangtang & SGibs!
Back to top Go down
lionhartzero

lionhartzero

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:30 pm

thx man...definitely checkin it out tomorrow. Trying to learn some of Wang's nano's as well, but its tough when the play that's selected and the changes that are made before snap aren't mentioned scratch
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:22 am

His reasons for that is to inspire people to create their own nanos. However, there are some nanos that he has posted and has given the setup.
Back to top Go down
lionhartzero

lionhartzero

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:07 pm

I see...well i'm about to see if i can get on and start coming up with some good nanos too. I'm also really looking fwd to seeing how the new line up works out..
Back to top Go down
lionhartzero

lionhartzero

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:46 am

Took him down twice with the Raiders! Thanks guys!! Just curious though...to those of you who use Oakland against any team, how does their defense hold up? I took the 49ers down w/ them, but when I tried to play against the Jets with another friend there always seemed to be holes in the D..
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:42 pm

lionhartzero wrote:
Took him down twice with the Raiders! Thanks guys!! Just curious though...to those of you who use Oakland against any team, how does their defense hold up? I took the 49ers down w/ them, but when I tried to play against the Jets with another friend there always seemed to be holes in the D..

Theres a hole in EVERY defense. Oakland's D is great and you can run man2man ALL day
Back to top Go down
lionhartzero

lionhartzero

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:03 pm

very true. Do u use Jason Campbell or the backup? and I've started to notice that when u see people setting up nanos it takes a while to get everyone into position, but when you're playing online most people snap the ball relatively quickly. Are they even effective if you cant set them up properly? Just dont wanna put in the time to find new ones if they wont work...
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:04 pm

lionhartzero wrote:
very true. Do u use Jason Campbell or the backup? and I've started to notice that when u see people setting up nanos it takes a while to get everyone into position, but when you're playing online most people snap the ball relatively quickly. Are they even effective if you cant set them up properly? Just dont wanna put in the time to find new ones if they wont work...

Campbell. If Gradkowski had better deep accuracy then I would start him with no question. Go into practice mode to practice setting up your nanos so that you can find ways to set them up quicker. The best nanos are the ones that require the least steps to setup. In an actual game you should be able to make at least 3 adjustments before the offense even gets to the line.
Back to top Go down
lionhartzero

lionhartzero

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:29 pm

man...WHY couldn't u have an XBL account lol? I could definitely practice with you if u did!! The Raiders D is awesome, but i'm having some problems scoring points. Although the WRs are all pretty fast, their speed isn't shown nearly as often on the field as i think it should be. CBs constantly stay with my receivers on anything besides drag routes..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good Enough?   Anyone Good Enough? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Good Enough?
Page 1 of 1