Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

After the big update, lets talk top teams.

Go down 
+9
jordantrav
ZackMc72
xHHx_JayNizz
xHHx_megatron
datnodude
GunfusedX
wangtangkiki
ZP3
Ant1010
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ant1010

Ant1010

After the big update, lets talk top teams. Empty
PostSubject: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 am

My top 5 teams after the update are

1. Jets- Some people may say Oakland but im telling you, this offensive line, makes the run game that much better. Maybe because their offense is somewhat perfect for my new offense im working on, but they're deep at WR core with

Edwards(mini DHB)
Holmes
Smith
McKnight/Keller/Tomlinson

3 great RB's and Richardson is a great TE#2. The defense the Jets have on the outside is matched by no one. They only place to attack them through the air is over the middle, or basically away from Cromevis. Yet, someone like me who users a safety, welcomes that. Yea they lack speed and man coverage ratings in the LB core, but they get to the ball because of their great pursuit ratings. They have depth, size, and skill

2. Patriots- This guy Brandon Tate is a beast. They have depth everywhere, top 2 or 3 QB. Woodhead is a MONSTER. Welker in the slot gets it done all game. The defense has just enough speed in the secondary to hang. and the front core is mean. Guyton and Mayo are a top duo, and they got 82 speed LB Tracy White back.

3. Ravens- Still no raiders? Yea this team basically negates the only reason to use Oakland. Ravens are slow on offense, but execution eliminates that. Not to mention THAT o-line is a beast too with Rice

4.Bengals- The most balanced team after this update. A tad bit behind the Ravens because of their WR core. but other then that the Bengals can compete and battle with any team in this game, 6 guys with speed over 91. in the secondary and 7 db's with 74+ man coverage. Palmer throws a lot of ducks though.

5.Raiders, don't want to talk about

6. Bears/Broncos/Cowboys/Falcons/Giants/Saints. Really in any order if you ask me. Maybe you can put Packers and Titans on that list too
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:33 pm

after a stumble in my game im finaly falling for oakland. philley cant play D and get it done for me any more so here are my top 5

1. Oakland Raiders (obvious reasons)
2. Dallas Cowboys (well rounded and D is good)
3. Philedelphia Eagles (to hard to contain on O)
4. Chicago Bears (Fast O, Good D)
5. Carolina Panthers (2nd Best D in the game arguably number 1)
6. Baltimore Ravens (top 3 D and tall receivers on O)
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:50 pm

1. Raiders
2. Cowboys
3. Saints
4. Ravens
5. Panthers
6. Titans
7. Eagles
8. Broncos
9. Bengals
10. Patriots

Slightly different than my most balanced teams list.. I actually have the Eagles lower on the list for balanced teams, but because of how powerful the O is, I have them at 7.. This years game is about getting a fast team that can stop anyone.. Height+Speed+MCV.. That's what you want.. Saints D is better than what people think..

Last edited by wangtangkiki on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:52 pm

not arguing i just wanna hear why you have

ravens over panthers

titans over eagles

Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:09 pm

ZP3 wrote:
not arguing i just wanna hear why you have

ravens over panthers

titans over eagles

Ravens over Panthers because the Ravens have faster CBs.. Ravens CBs short though; I don't like that. They have better MCV per starting CBs than the Raiders though; I basically have the Ravens over the Panthers because the D.. The DL is better than the Panthers, the Panthers have better LBs, but worse CBs.

On offense, Ravens have reliable QB [All QBs overthrow, but Flacco will less], good RB [not the fastest but 90spd/97 acc/93 ELU!, Panthers better RBs for sure]; WRs have HIGH CIT.. 3 WRs with 86+ CIT.. So 3 WRs with 86+ CIT and that doesn't include your speed WR, Stallworth.. I like the Ravens WR's CIT/RTE over the Panthers WRs..

Now Titans over Eagles.. I would probably switch them.. actually tie it..

Both have fast QBs.. but Vick definitely wins out on speed + accuracy..
CJ is excellent.. His backup has 88 spd, but 95 acc! So he's not THAT bad;

WRs for Titans fit a "mold" I have;
You need a Beast[6'3" 90+ spd, 80+ CIT], a RC/CIT WR, and a speed WR;
Beast; Moss [6'4" 96 spd, only 84 acc, 81 CIT]
RC/CIT WR: Britt [6'3, 88 spd, 87 acc 94 CIT]
Speed: Washington has 93 speed, 92 acc

I like the Titans HEIGHT+CIT over the Eagles SPEED
Basically I can do a lot with the Titans WRs.. I have a very dependable one in Britt.. and a speedster in both Moss and Washington..

Also if Washington goes out, I have 2 other WRs with 91+ speed.. Marian/Hawkins
If Britt goes out, I can put in 88 spd Damian Williams, have him at RC/CIT WR.. He has 83 CIT
If I was desperate, I could use Gage for RC situations..

Eagles have 2 speed WRs.. and their high CITs are either short or slow.. I can use Jackson/Maclin/Cooper, but will have a hard time using Avant..

I like Cook Jr/Scaife over Celek/Harbor

Titans have 7 DL with 80+ Power/Finesse Move;
Eagles have 6, but that's not bad.. I'd probably prefer the Eagles' DL.. not sure.. hard to say; Eagles have more speed at DL

Eagles LB > Titans LB

Titans O > Eagles O
Eagles D > Titans D

I'd rather have a 99 speed / acc RB than WR.. I can get my RB a LOT of touches.. they are automatic.. passing isn't always automatic.
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:38 pm

im a CJ2k fan but i think what you broke down is correct but you have to take in consederation how much better vick is than young. and thats why i have

eagles o = Titans o
eagles D > Titans D

so im going to have to give it to the eagles but thats my personal opinion.

as for the ravens carolina

i didnt take in consideration joe flacco and classauen

so you persuaded me there
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Vick > Young - 2 points eagles
Harrison<Johnson - 1 point titans
Jackson<Moss - .5 point titans (cause its barely in my opinion moss acc. is slow as a dog)
Maclin > Washington 1 points eagles
MCCoy = Britt
Cooper = williams
Celek < Cook - .5 points titans

so as you can see with my gradin the eagles come out on top by a point but could go either way i guess depends on your scheme
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:00 pm

its not even close

Raiders
Cowboys
Eagles
Panthers
Packers
49ers
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:23 pm

Bengals defense is nice, offense is average, but the defense is amazing, im working on using their offense now.
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:49 pm

joe mcknight is awful ...i dont know who i like more ravens or jets and im not sold on the panthers
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Use LT, he is a beast. McKnight should be your 4th WR, only use Turner in goal line situations. Jets are great, wish they had just one cover LB, but noooooo ,Harris, Pace, Thomas, Scott and Taylor all can't effin cover. GREAT lol.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:31 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
1. Raiders
2. Cowboys
3. Saints
4. Ravens
5. Panthers
6. Titans
7. Eagles
8. Broncos
9. Bengals
10. Patriots

Slightly different than my most balanced teams list.. I actually have the Eagles lower on the list for balanced teams, but because of how powerful the O is, I have them at 7.. This years game is about getting a fast team that can stop anyone.. Height+Speed+MCV.. That's what you want.. Saints D is better than what people think..

1. ravens
2. cowboys
3. saints
4. eagles
5. bengals (previously i put jets/packers but i forgot bout bengals..)
6. raiders
7. packers/jets
8. broncos
9. panthers
10. titans/vikings (both defenses are generally too slow, but both high powered offenses with big receivers and speedy receivers and great dlines)
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Bengals got this 6'2 safety i forgot his name, hes new, he's a beast at CB, his stats might no let you think so, but he's done great against some of the WR's i've gone against as of late.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Tom Nelson?
Tom Nelson is a new safety on the Bengals.. 92 speed Mad

Bengals have one of the best CB groups in the game [not including height right now..] (DAL/CIN/BAL have over 93 "TRUE SPEED" for their best 6 defenders..[4 DBs, 1 FS, 1 SS, so the 5th CB isn't included] BAL is 1st, Cincy #2, and DAL 3rd.. I have about 20 more teams left though lol..]

I made a spreadsheet of all 32 teams' CBs/FS/SS.. Speed/Acc/MAN COV

"TRUE SPEED" is average of speed and accel; There are some players with high speed/low acc.. some low speed/high acc;

I'm in the process of finishing the "46 D/Dime" process; It basically averages out the best 4 CBs, 1 FS, 1 SS; I'm taking the best 6 DBs.. Not just by speed, but man coverage included..

Here are a list of a few teams so far: [I haven't got to OAK yet]

ARI:
6 DBs - AVG Speed: 89.17
6 DBs - AVG ACC: 90.17
6 DBs - "TRUE SPEED" 89.67

ATL:
6 DBs - AVG Speed: 88.33
6 DBs - AVG ACC: 91.33
6 DBs - "TRUE SPEED" 89.83

BAL:
6 DBs - AVG Speed: 93.67
6 DBs - AVG ACC: 93.17
6 DBs - "TRUE SPEED" 93.42

BUF:
6 DBs - AVG Speed: 88.50
6 DBs - AVG ACC: 90.83
6 DBs - "TRUE SPEED" 89.67

CAR:
6 DBs - AVG Speed: 90.50
6 DBs - AVG ACC: 91.67
6 DBs - "TRUE SPEED" 91.08

CHI:
6 DBs - AVG Speed: 91.00
6 DBs - AVG ACC: 91.50
6 DBs - "TRUE SPEED" 91.25

CIN:
6 DBs - AVG Speed: 93.00
6 DBs - AVG ACC: 93.67
6 DBs - "TRUE SPEED" 93.33

DAL:
6 DBs - AVG Speed: 92.00
6 DBs - AVG ACC: 94.00
6 DBs - "TRUE SPEED" 93.00

DEN:
6 DBs - AVG Speed: 90.83
6 DBs - AVG ACC: 91.17
6 DBs - "TRUE SPEED" 91.00

ZP3 wrote:
im a CJ2k fan but i think what you broke down is correct but you have to take in consederation how much better vick is than young. and thats why i have

eagles o = Titans o
eagles D > Titans D

so im going to have to give it to the eagles but thats my personal opinion.

as for the ravens carolina

i didnt take in consideration joe flacco and classauen

so you persuaded me there

If it was last year, I would love Vick even more.. but almost every time the QB gets touched, he fumbles.. you have to slide nearly every time so if you do make a play, you'll probably fumble..

Btw ZP3, Moss isn't as slow as the 84 acc; I've outrun several CBs with Moss.. It just takes about 15-20 yds for his 96 speed to kick in.. which is where I usually throw to him.

Last edited by wangtangkiki on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Yea Bengals have the best secondary im using them now, Both Nelsons for my LB's hahaha. Naw he name isn't Nelson, his name is Jeromy Miles

I know these numbers aren't attractive
87 speed
85 agil
82 accel
69 strength
77 strength
84 jump
74 man
69 zone
66 block shed
and 65 prc

but he plays fine. Like if your facing a team like Dallas. He can handle Roy Williams, or putting him a TE, liek Gates or something, he's a great asset, but he has 85 hit power too, so he jars a lot of ball lose. I like him in situations, nothing to great to have him starting, but match up wise, he can guard TE's and big WR;s no problem. Bengals defense is better then the Ravens though. Michael Johnson off the edge in my defense is way better then dan Wimbley or Groves, lol. Bengals man. jets dont' have backers, but Brandon Johnson is a beast, love it.

My offense is working out rather well with them too.

Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:44 pm

don't you guys know this yet???

don't mess with wang when it comes to statistics
Back to top Go down
ZackMc72

ZackMc72

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Raiders
Cowboys
Ravens
Panthers
Bengals
Saints
Eagles
Lions
Jets
Steelers

Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:19 am

Ant1010 wrote:
Yea Bengals have the best secondary im using them now, Both Nelsons for my LB's hahaha. Naw he name isn't Nelson, his name is Jeromy Miles

I know these numbers aren't attractive
87 speed
85 agil
82 accel
69 strength
77 strength
84 jump
74 man
69 zone
66 block shed
and 65 prc

but he plays fine. Like if your facing a team like Dallas. He can handle Roy Williams, or putting him a TE, liek Gates or something, he's a great asset, but he has 85 hit power too, so he jars a lot of ball lose. I like him in situations, nothing to great to have him starting, but match up wise, he can guard TE's and big WR;s no problem. Bengals defense is better then the Ravens though. Michael Johnson off the edge in my defense is way better then dan Wimbley or Groves, lol. Bengals man. jets dont' have backers, but Brandon Johnson is a beast, love it.

My offense is working out rather well with them too.

Ewwwwww... I would definitely replace him with Tom Nelson.. Tom Nelson would be your user player.. or Reggie Nelson.. either one.. I put Reggie Nelson at SS because his MCV is higher than Nelson's..

but also I wouldn't have SS at LB because it's not allowed in C4/Tournaments.. oh well.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:49 am

No i have no user player, i user different player for different plays. I mean its the same difference, i can still put them there using the speed package, i think when i audible to another formation, their tackle decreases though, never though about it. And you can eewwww if you want to, but he shuts sh!t down, over plays his rating
sortsa like mike simms walker last year and dez bryant this year

I like him.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:15 am

Ant1010 wrote:
No i have no user player, i user different player for different plays. I mean its the same difference, i can still put them there using the speed package, i think when i audible to another formation, their tackle decreases though, never though about it. And you can eewwww if you want to, but he shuts sh!t down, over plays his rating
sortsa like mike simms walker last year and dez bryant this year

I like him.

lol I'm not sure what you mean by plays over his rating.. OVR does not matter..

The ratings that do matter for safeties = Speed, Acc, Height, MCV, Agi

I user either a MLB or FS/SS.. rarely a DL man.. I like to have a fast player at FS/SS so if your opponent has a burner at WR, I have a speedster too, covering a deep half of the field in 2 man under..

Dez Bryant is a beast.. I don't look at his OVR.. His speed/acc/cit are a great combination..

There are so many "hidden gems." You don't play over your ratings that matter.. aka speed/accel/mcv/pmv/fmv for defense.. They are what they are..
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:53 am

No im saying despite his poor or average ratings in certain areas, he's still a a beast, not overall ratings, I have a Ghee playing CB, only 68 ratings lol. he's a beast too
Back to top Go down
jordantrav

jordantrav

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Im with you Ant...bengals are solid...I did a similar experiment....like you wang and come to the realization that man coverage means a whole lot...i would rather have a 88 speed cb with a 88 man coverage then a 94 speed cb with a 70 man coverage...there are way too many times that guys that are fast get blown due to man coverage being so low....

bengals have the highest man coverage cb core in the game...better then the raiders..Dont get me wrong...raiders are fast and solid...but way too many times they get blown for yards just playing straight man to man...the only time that i see speed being of importance is on streaks and just straight outrunning someone slow...but if you are bringing heat and relying on covering short areas....high man coverage is key...bengals give u that..
Back to top Go down
jalapenos789

jalapenos789

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Who do you guys play at SS and FS with the Bengals?
Back to top Go down
jordantrav

jordantrav

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:00 pm

They have 2 nelsons that are both over 90 speed. I use them both for my ss and fs.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Between the jets, bengals, saints, dolphins...the saints have the highest man cov overall (just averaged the top 4 cb cov rating) then the bengals, jets, dolphins..

bengals give u more speed and a better overall defense.

I just chose these teams cause they have the higher man cov rating for any team.

Falcons and eagles also have a solid group
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After the big update, lets talk top teams.   After the big update, lets talk top teams. Empty

Back to top Go down

After the big update, lets talk top teams.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: