Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)

Go down 
+2
ZAN
finfever
6 posters
AuthorMessage
finfever

finfever

Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens) Empty
PostSubject: Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)   Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens) EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:05 pm

I'm thinking about switching from the raiders to the ravens. Campbell has cost me too many games but I still want an elite defense and be able to play man to man. I fear that if I do make this switch I won't be able to beat man, because there receivers are Sooo slow and I already struggle with man to man. Any suggestions on how I would go about this. I run the Dallas book.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)   Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens) EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:38 pm

You need to create switches to free up space for Boldin, Houshmandzadeh, and Mason...as they are unable to create their own space.

Try rubbing route combinations. For instance, in snugs, have an outside WR on a drag, and the inside on a streak, the drag should get more open than normal.

Versus man bump, use unbumpable, of course. To indentify what unbumpables look like. Check out This Week in Madden #33, where I call in and present the I-form TE flip. Towards the end of that segment, I show you what an unbumpable looks like.
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)   Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens) EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:41 pm

u need routes that give ur WR the advantage...

Slants/ pick type routes,smart routed Corners, slant outs, drags, any kind of double move type routes, and unbumps...

u need to rely on your players route running, and those will def give u an advantage...

i use tampa pretty much exclusively so ive gotten beatin the Raiders or ne other fast type of Corner back down...

Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)   Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens) EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Thanks for the help guys. Chad do u have anything specific that u can tell me. Like a certain play that utilizes those concepts
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)   Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens) EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:17 pm

U dont need speed...Listen to chad LOL... I used the ravens at one point, Now im using my ole faithful team da giants. i never have any problems against raiders or cowboys or any other fast defense.

I do similar stuff like he said
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)   Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:47 am

Bench
Bench Swatch
Deep fork
Slot Trail
cowboy y out
slant out - nuff said
stick
corner n go's

a few outta dallas i personally use
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)   Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:11 pm

I feel like agi/acc > route running though

Theres a few routes that use route running as an advantage but if you run a simple out route someone like hakeem nicks will break down and accelerate out of the route much quicker than someone like steve smith.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)   Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 pm

the out route cut is random. Agil/Accel + route is deadly. Wes Welker, Davon Bess people liek that, make great cuts in and out of breaks. Average speed but great agil/acel. But even them sometimes, stumble on and out route and it isn't that crisp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)   Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens) Empty

Back to top Go down

Beating man to man with slow receivers(ravens)
Page 1 of 1