Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZAN

ZAN

Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone Empty
PostSubject: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:30 am

This is an Air Raid technique...but you can use this to help yourself devise ways to flood zones, beat zones....heck...even find ways to utilize slot and hb option routes within the game....

Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:52 am

good stuff, i been working the hell out of the dig/shallow combos. very easy yardage man or zone
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:14 am

Especially with solid route runners.

Wayne (99) + Clark (98) + Collie (90) all meshing/flooding zones while having Garcon stretch the shell out with his speed/height is probably one of the most agonizing things I have seen all year....

Same applies with Ravens (insert Mason, Boldin, and Heap)
and Packers (Driver, Jennings, Finley all run good routes)....
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 am

He must have some dumb QBs lol, but this definitely dumbs it down and makes it easy
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Real football is a difficult thing. This concept puts the onus on the WR's to get to the open spot in zone and settle down in it. That's football 101. If the QB throws to the open spot on the field, your WR needs to be there, whether your system is the West Coast, Air Raid, Run N Gun, or Power Spread....

For instance...say you run that Flex flood that's outlined in the middle of the video (6:12) and the short safety jumps the flat, the OLB plays the sideline deep, and the corner drops deep third (assuming FS doesn't roll the coverage and the backside LB plays shallow middle)? The open grass is on the backside of the field SHORT and your backside option needs to cut his deep cross well short and sit down....

Hell, NFL QBs use this system...It's not for just the dumb ones...
Back to top Go down
maguffin82

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Smartfootball ftw!
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Yea I know. I play football collegiately. I pay attention to every offensive position in meetings because I'm probably gonna coach. Our QBs are pretty much taught the same thing. Telling receivers to sit in the open holes in the zones rather than open grass, but its the same concept.

When I said dumb QBs when he was talking about the QB around 3:30 where the slot receiver was running the dig and the QB would just throw when he got in past the first backer. I mean, I've never been sitting back in the pocket but that seems like a simple concept to me. Seems harder on the WRs than the QB.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Well the thing is this....The open hole in the zone changes based off of aggressiveness of the back 7-8....so the open grass concept is probably more efficient than telling a slot WR "Run a Curl/Post option pattern and IF your safety drops into a deep half you need to sit either in the cover 2 window on the intermediate sideline OR break your route off in the deep middle."

That leads to INTs....QB may think one things...and the WR may think another....With the open grass concept, your WR's job on a given play is either:

1. To draw a defender and create open grass for another
or (as the read man)
2. To find the open grass based off of how the underneath coverage jumps shallow crosses/flats...and to get there!

If you have QBs and WRs both thinking "If"s, then you are going to throw more picks. If you tell your QB "Find the most open patch of turk on the field and get the ball there. It's your receiver's job to be there", then I guarantee you will throw less picks that way.

Granted, this is a zone beating technique...However....you can do this in man too via isolation...Run trips to one side, flood them (even in man) all to the sideline, and have your backside WR in isolation with his corner and tell him to beat his man to the open turf (you're going to have LIGHT YEARS if you can get a break to the inside)
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Giants need to run this. So many miscommunication picks between Eli and the receivers. Dumbass receivers
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Man, I love REAL football. Could talk for days about it...
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Tru Statement wrote:
Giants need to run this. So many miscommunication picks between Eli and the receivers. Dumbass receivers

Im just a fan of giants in madden...real life, cowboys

but from what I'd seen, I say the recievers need to hold on to the ball....I'd say more then half of eli's picks came from passes deflected off the receivers hands lol....

Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:41 pm

^ Which is the only thing keeping me from going to NYG.

The prospects of having 6'6'', 6'4'', 6'1'' and 6'2'' on the field between Barden, Calhoun, Nicks, and Hagan; respectively....makes me giddy...but I struggle to believe that anyone but Nicks (and Smith and Manningham, but they wouldn't see my field) hold onto the ball consistently enough to constitute the Giants as a team I would pull at a tournament. I mean, in clock time...I would select Jacobs and Bradshaw in a heartbeat (Turner is the only back I'd rather have if I need a 4th and 2 to ice the game)....but I worry about Calhoun and Barden laying down in crunch time (which IRL, they probably would).
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Calhoun has laid down for me. Barden never. And you're nuts if Hagan sees your field. Travis Beckum!
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:49 pm

1. smith
2. hicks
3. manningham
4. barden

I know hicks is the best but, for my plybook purposes only..this is how i set up my depth chart

1. smith- great route-running/ possessive type receiver, with the ability to break one tackle each play

2. hicks- is a monster

3. manningham- the speedster and a big playmaker... 96 acceleration

4. barden- literally face throw all day...or rc and not even close to the target, which will throw u or the cpu off...

I dont really use calhoun unless hicks or barden gets hurt. I used him as a back up to michael clayton

Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Its Hakeem Nicks or Domenik Hixon =/ lol

I use Barden, Nicks, Smith, Manningham, Beckum, Calhoun.. and I used to use Clayton (gah Im gonna miss his run blocking) and Thomas. Only ones I really dont use are Reynaud and hagan

edt:

and im curious zan, why is height so important to you that someone like hagan might see the field over smith and manningham? face throws?
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Yes, face throws....exactly...counter speed with a post up WR. Big frames are hard to get around.

I'm still astonished that I was mentioned in another film room as a trailblazer for the movement to the catch in traffic over speed....especially coming on the heels of me snapping and going to the Raiders....granted...Zach Miller sees my field in Oakland, too Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone   Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone Empty

Back to top Go down

Open Grass Concept - For Those Of You Who Struggle With Zone
Page 1 of 1