Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

New guy Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Will550

New guy Question Empty
PostSubject: New guy Question   New guy Question EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Well hello, My name is Will and i am new to the forums and website...
i just got madden 11 and i am looking to improve my skill dramatically

i started by watching the "Mad Den TV"

and my question is(on defence) : how would i be able to do all the strategy pad moves in time before the offense hikes the ball ?

For example:
i got this of episode #35 or #34 i cant remember of the top of my head

NIckel Strong formation
NB Blitz
(slide line out)
(global blitz LBs)
(stack LBs in A-Gap)
(countain 1 DE and spy the other DE)
(take CB off blitz and put him in coverage)
(user spy HB)

my point is: i can only get up to. stacking the LBs in dah a-Gap by the time the offence hikes the ball, which is real annoying..
is there any type of way i can do this faster?
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

New guy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy Question   New guy Question EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Learn the quick strategy pad links, but with enough reps and practice you can get your setups in no time. When labbing, use 2 controllers to learn the setups without the computer hiking it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Will550

New guy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy Question   New guy Question EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 am

Thank you
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

New guy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy Question   New guy Question EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 am

will you have 7 seconds to set up any plays - MINIMUM - but the best way to learn the setups is to fail 10,000 times - just keep running the setups in game and over time you will get quicker and more confident.

you cant expect to watch the videos and know in your head how to do it and just go out and perform on the field.

you need to practice practice practice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Will550

New guy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy Question   New guy Question EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:04 pm

you're right, i have another question, this is more about practice.
i've been watching you're maddenden videos a lot and taking notes in my little pad i have,
i really want to become a good defence player as we all know defence wins games,
my offense is good i just need to know how to stop players.
would you recommend:

Practice mode or exhibition?
online or v.s PC?
(if so what difficulty should i put my skill as?)
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

New guy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy Question   New guy Question EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:41 pm

practice is where u develop your scheme

exhibition is where u learn how to work your scheme, finding some small things that u need to change, how to user in your defense, ect.

and online is where u put it all together, also you will find the BIG things that you need to change with your scheme. Playing real players will show you what you are doing well, and it will expose where you need work...watch the replays after the game!!..then take what u have learned back in practice mode looking to fix what you found to be wrong

think about it like practice is learning in the class room, exhibition is home work, and online is the quiz. I myself do them in that order

as of now im just practicing/exhibition on all pro becuz i dont see myself getting into a league this year of madden (school)...and I will just be playing online (all pro)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

New guy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy Question   New guy Question EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:49 pm

Will550 wrote:
you're right, i have another question, this is more about practice.
i've been watching you're maddenden videos a lot and taking notes in my little pad i have,
i really want to become a good defence player as we all know defence wins games,
my offense is good i just need to know how to stop players.
would you recommend:

Practice mode or exhibition?
online or v.s PC?
(if so what difficulty should i put my skill as?)

One thing I do is I go into practice mode...and try to setup my d against the computer.....like if u have a nice blitz u want to use, see if ur able to set it up against the computer. U will be able to, its just muscle memory so it will take some time. but by doing so, in online games setting up that blitz will be an ease.

one more thing.
to help ur defensive user skills....go into practice mode ( u on defense, and set computer to do random plays ) play only as the fs...if u can adjust ur d in time do so, but just learn to be able to ball hawk and defend open receivers with the fs... I would recommend just using a cv 3
Back to top Go down
Will550

New guy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy Question   New guy Question EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 pm

i've been going into practice mode a lot now and implementing my plays in exhibition matches againt the computer, soon i will bring them online see if i am any better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New guy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy Question   New guy Question Empty

Back to top Go down

New guy Question
Page 1 of 1