Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!

Go down 
+11
takeaway 46
Tyler1281
nawfside512
prophet
sgibs
UppingMyGame
WFColonel56
BuckNut4eva
bigjbeastin252
maguffin82
ballaman 569
15 posters
AuthorMessage
ballaman 569

My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! Empty
PostSubject: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:11 am

Hi guys, I come from askmadden and VG Sports(the original VG, not virgin gaming) and have been a follower of this site for a while. Had some trouble signing up but that's neither here nor there. I wanted to say what's up to everybody on here and make my first post worthwhile by giving you the best tip I got. It had a great reception over at askmadden and I want to see what you guys think as well. Still working on a name for it so maybe you can help me out with that as well.

It is a 2 man blitz with one contain and cannot be slide protected against. I understand Tyler on here has the same concept as this blitz, but this takes it one step farther. Here you go, vid included.

This can be ran out of any play in the Nickel 2-4-5 regardless of whether the OLB's are standing up or on the ground. I choose to run the play 9 Velcro as the base D for this blitz due to a 4 deep shell and 2 flat zones as well.

Setup:

1. Shift LB's right
2. Contain #2 MLB and shift LB's left after that
3. Put #2 MLB over top of the LT like in video. Put him right on the line if under center and at the hip depth wise of the DT if in shotgun.
4. Reblitz ROLB(left of screen) globally
5. Put #2 DT in spy or yellow in undercenter, spy only in shotgun
6. Reblitz the #1 DT
7. If time permits, stack the #1 MLB over the #1 DT.

It looks like a lot of setups presnap but I promise you once you get quick with it, you will get them all done before they can quick hike you. The reason I stack that LB is once you get them worried about the left side blitz and they start using a back to block it, use the contain D on the right to hit them up for an easy sack. Watch the vid to see the placements of the LB'ers and how effective the blitz is.

Results:

Vs undercenter: With no slide protection, blitz comes around the edge everytime. With slide protect aggressive, pinch, or right: blitz always comes around. Vs slide protect left: Blitz will still come off the edge but the DT will also come through unblocked.

Vs shotgun: No matter what if placed correctly that LB will come off the edge. If they slide protect left, that contain will also come from the right unblocked when they think they are safe.

Enjoy!

P.S. I only have a 360 and my GT is ShaDe TakTiiKz so hit me up on XBL if you ever want a game!

Back to top Go down
maguffin82

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:18 am

Welcome Ballaman!
Back to top Go down
ballaman 569

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 am

maguffin82 wrote:
Welcome Ballaman!
Thanks man appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
bigjbeastin252

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:25 am

FIRE SCREAMS
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:30 am

Similiar to the 1-5-5 blitz, but love that you can send pressure from both sides and make it look the same! Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:09 am

welcome, thanks 4 da heat
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
UppingMyGame

UppingMyGame

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Welcome to the boards, my friend.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:20 pm

the OG VG!

ahh the good old days!

Thanks balla!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
prophet

prophet

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Good to see ole VG cats, when Bert bounced different animal anyway welcome to MB and thanks for giving back to the community!!
Back to top Go down
nawfside512

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 pm

can this be done only in 2-4-5 or other formations with velcro 9 also?
Back to top Go down
ballaman 569

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm

I have found an inconsistent way to do it out of the 335 which stops the run much better but not ready to release that one just yet because its still not perfect yet.

Yeah I still frequent those VG boards in the Sports Bar if you ever wanna chat it up that is the most active part of the forum there anymore lol. I come here and AM for tips and post mine as well. Let me know if you guys want to see my Oakland O PB scheme that is deadly. I have played many top players with it and roasted them, just lost due to no D. A couple have locked me up, but I have found a counter to each of their D's by that point. It will be on display on AM as I participated in the AM filmroom against Truth if you want to see it it should be up this week he said.

Glad to be here guys!
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:19 pm

ballaman 569 wrote:
I have found an inconsistent way to do it out of the 335 which stops the run much better but not ready to release that one just yet because its still not perfect yet.

Yeah I still frequent those VG boards in the Sports Bar if you ever wanna chat it up that is the most active part of the forum there anymore lol. I come here and AM for tips and post mine as well. Let me know if you guys want to see my Oakland O PB scheme that is deadly. I have played many top players with it and roasted them, just lost due to no D. A couple have locked me up, but I have found a counter to each of their D's by that point. It will be on display on AM as I participated in the AM filmroom against Truth if you want to see it it should be up this week he said.

Glad to be here guys!

yeah ive been trying something like that out of the 3-3-5 too but i cant it to work as good as my 1-5-5 version check it out if you like its in my sig and welcome to the site glad to have you here
Back to top Go down
takeaway 46

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:25 am

nice good ish shade
Back to top Go down
Ghostface

Ghostface

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 am

Welcome ballaman 569...nice heat
Back to top Go down
impala28

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:43 am

This blitz is FIRE Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 am

ballaman 569 wrote:
Hi guys, I come from askmadden and VG Sports(the original VG, not virgin gaming) and have been a follower of this site for a while. Had some trouble signing up but that's neither here nor there. I wanted to say what's up to everybody on here and make my first post worthwhile by giving you the best tip I got. It had a great reception over at askmadden and I want to see what you guys think as well. Still working on a name for it so maybe you can help me out with that as well.

It is a 2 man blitz with one contain and cannot be slide protected against. I understand Tyler on here has the same concept as this blitz, but this takes it one step farther. Here you go, vid included.

This can be ran out of any play in the Nickel 2-4-5 regardless of whether the OLB's are standing up or on the ground. I choose to run the play 9 Velcro as the base D for this blitz due to a 4 deep shell and 2 flat zones as well.

Setup:

1. Shift LB's right
2. Contain #2 MLB and shift LB's left after that
3. Put #2 MLB over top of the LT like in video. Put him right on the line if under center and at the hip depth wise of the DT if in shotgun.
4. Reblitz ROLB(left of screen) globally
5. Put #2 DT in spy or yellow in undercenter, spy only in shotgun
6. Reblitz the #1 DT
7. If time permits, stack the #1 MLB over the #1 DT.

It looks like a lot of setups presnap but I promise you once you get quick with it, you will get them all done before they can quick hike you. The reason I stack that LB is once you get them worried about the left side blitz and they start using a back to block it, use the contain D on the right to hit them up for an easy sack. Watch the vid to see the placements of the LB'ers and how effective the blitz is.

Results:

Vs undercenter: With no slide protection, blitz comes around the edge everytime. With slide protect aggressive, pinch, or right: blitz always comes around. Vs slide protect left: Blitz will still come off the edge but the DT will also come through unblocked.

Vs shotgun: No matter what if placed correctly that LB will come off the edge. If they slide protect left, that contain will also come from the right unblocked when they think they are safe.

Enjoy!

P.S. I only have a 360 and my GT is ShaDe TakTiiKz so hit me up on XBL if you ever want a game!

man very sick sounds like u where in the lab for a while open my eyes a lil more i knew about the contain stuff me and my boy labbed some blitzes with the contain going opposite good sh!t
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:23 am

Good job.. those are some good plays.

Can it work in the 46? I know you said that your OLBs need to be standing up.. I was wondering if you could spread your DL or use a formation like 335/Nickel Normal where your DEs are very wide when you spread them. You could put a MLB on a contain to the right, put over the LT, blitz the LDE and see if he comes off.. I'll try it although I'm sure you have already.
Back to top Go down
ballaman 569

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:29 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:

Can it work in the 46? I know you said that your OLBs need to be standing up.. I was wondering if you could spread your DL or use a formation like 335/Nickel Normal where your DEs are very wide when you spread them. You could put a MLB on a contain to the right, put over the LT, blitz the LDE and see if he comes off.. I'll try it although I'm sure you have already.
Yeah at the time I made the vid I didnt know it would work with the LB's on the ground, but it actually does. I have worked on the 335 but not the 46. The 335 is tough to do, but I have had some decent success with it. It just isnt a consistent enough defense for me to post it though. Hope that helps.

Appreciate the support guys!
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks.

Yeah, I like man coverage more, so I'll look for a play from the 46 Normal or just in that playbook so I can replicate this blitz.
Back to top Go down
ballaman 569

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:23 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
Thanks.

Yeah, I like man coverage more, so I'll look for a play from the 46 Normal or just in that playbook so I can replicate this blitz.
I already have one for you. The Cover 1 out of the 245 is perfect for this. That contain LB is in a yellow zone so you dont have to sacrifice a man assignment for him to do his contain. Also there are plenty of Cover 0 blitzes like middle blit that you could use. The only difference between Cover 1 and 9 Velcro in setup is that with Cover 1 you just should hot route your LOLB(right on screen) into any zone you wish or else he will blitz.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:46 pm

well I was meaning 46 playbook, but thanks. I used to use the 245 all the time but I just moved away from it for some reason..

and you are right, it should be simple..

Cover 1 from 46 should work.. not sure if I slide the LBs to the right if his contain will go right.
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:

it works out of the 46 for me let me know if you wanna know my setup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!   My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around! Empty

Back to top Go down

My first post comes with one of the best blitzes around!
Page 1 of 1