Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints

Go down 
+4
finfever
Militant X 1
ZAN
LOTT0042
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints Empty
PostSubject: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Veteran tight end Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he's been released by the New Orleans Saints.

"It's a business, I understand," Shockey said. "I'll just go play hard for someone else. Whoever gets me it's going to be a steal."

"I'd like to thank Jeremy for the contributions he made to our team during his time in New Orleans," Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said. "These decisions are never easy to make and we wish him the best in the future."

Shockey, who won a Super Bowl with the Saints in the 2009 season, had three touchdowns and 408 receiving yards during an injury-hampered 2010 campaign in which he missed three of the team's games.

"Jeremy played an important role in helping our team bring a Super Bowl championship to New Orleans," said Saints coach Sean Payton. "He contributed to the success of our offense, both as a pass-catcher and run blocker, and we're appreciative of his efforts."

Drafted by the Giants in the first round of the 2002 draft, Shockey was acquired by the Saints in a trade with New York prior to the 2008 season and spent the past three years in New Orleans.

Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints Empty
PostSubject: Re: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:25 pm

He's terrible anyways...

When he says "Whoever gets me it's going to be a steal." I agree. You robbed New Orleans blind for three straight seasons. I hope no one takes a waiver on that slimeball.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:58 pm

wow! cats are being released left and right now!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:57 am

just shows what confidence they have in jimmy graham. dude is gonna be a beast
Back to top Go down
Slimreaper256

Slimreaper256

PostSubject: Re: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 2:15 am

LOL! Watch him go to the Rams or the Browns. Or the Jets, they're the new "Hospice" for skill players on their last legs!!
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Slimreaper256 wrote:
LOL! Watch him go to the Rams or the Browns. Or the Jets, they're the new "Hospice" for skill players on their last legs!!

Funny and painfully true LOL
Back to top Go down
maguffin82

PostSubject: Re: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Slimreaper256 wrote:

The Last big three offensive skill players the Jets obtained were Braylan Edwards, Santonio Holmes, and LT, who was "on his last legs" but still had solid year until hitting a wall at the end. I will take Mike Tannenbaum over any general manager in the NFL.

Cro didn't work out but we made the trade knowing if we didn't like what we saw, he'd be gone.
Back to top Go down
drkns

PostSubject: Re: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:44 pm

maguffin82 wrote:
The Last big three offensive skill players the Jets obtained were Braylan Edwards, Santonio Holmes, and LT, who was "on his last legs" but still had solid year until hitting a wall at the end. I will take Mike Tannenbaum over any general manager in the NFL.

Cro didn't work out but we made the trade knowing if we didn't like what we saw, he'd be gone.

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:47 pm

If that Jets were smart they'd go after Zach Miller from OAK. Raiders have not offered him an extension & as of March 4th he will be a free agent.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:49 pm

SiCkWiThItXX wrote:
If that Jets were smart they'd go after Zach Miller from OAK. Raiders have not offered him an extension & as of March 4th he will be a free agent.

The jets have a very good te already in dustin keller!

I dont understand how the raiders will let him go, since he lead the team in receptions previous two years ( i think) Last thing they need is a vernon davis like te...lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints   TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints Empty

Back to top Go down

TE Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he has been released by the Saints
Page 1 of 1