Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

If you were told you had 3 years to...

Go down 
+17
xHHx_JayNizz
jordanl95
ZFarls
Dalton Big D
TheCrew22
blood9585
MisterMazin
CookieMonsta
SaintsG0Marchin'In
ZAN
suicide-manual
ZackMc72
WhenInD0UBT
xHHx_megatron
Tru Statement
WFColonel56
Ant1010
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ant1010

Ant1010

If you were told you had 3 years to... Empty
PostSubject: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:11 pm

win a super bowl and you were the head coach. Fill these slots

Offensive Coordinator-
Defensive Coordinator-

QB-
RB-
WR-
WR-
TE-

DE- (OLB if 3-4)
MLB-
CB-
SS-

Offensive Coordinator-Josh McDaniels
Defensive Coordinator- Lovie Smith

QB-Jay Cutler
RB- Shady McCoy
WR-Hakeem Nicks
WR-Dez Bryant
TE-Jason Witten

DE-Demarcus Ware
MLB-Taylor Mays
CB-Brent Grimes
CB-Ashante Samuel
FS-DeAngelo Hall

Yes it may be weird, but Smith would be running a Cover 2 Base. With Grimes leaping and Samuel readings, i could play a depth version of cover 2. It was tough not choosing Hall at CB because his reaction time is unbelievable. But Hall can tackle better and is a lot faster playing that back half. My MLB will be dropping a lot more deeper then usual, and with Mays LB skills and sideline to sideline speed, he's PERFECT for my MLB. Ware is the best rusher in the league still to this day and is the best in run support as well. May not have the best speed at CB, but i'm C2 so im good.

Now on offense, Cutler and that arm and time to grow with this spread offense, i need a RB who can run routes. It sucks that Bush is always hurt or i would have chosen him, but McCoy is just as good as what McDaniels would like to do. He will run when i need him to and can actually run routes out of the backfield and flank. Nicks is unstoppable and Dez will be just as well. Throw the ball downfield like Cutler does, and watch them jump and go get it. Jason Witten for that security blanket and is the smartest TE i know in the run and pass game when it comes to blocking.

I'd actually like to see some realistic things here. Not just

Peyton Manning
Adrian Peterson
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Antonio Gates

Come on, put some thought into this.

Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:39 pm

Offensive Coordinator- Pats
Defensive Coordinator- Jim Johnson

QB- Ryan
RB- Turner
WR- Roddy White
WR- Buriss
TE-dude from Jax (his name slips me aat this time)

DE-Peppers
MLB- Loften
CB- the GB tandom
SS- Reed

Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:53 pm

Head Coach - Fire me, hire Bill Belichick
Offensive Coordinator- Josh McDaniels
Defensive Coordinator- Steve Spagnuolo

QB- Tom Brady
RB- Steven Jackson or MJD
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- Wes Welker or Steve Smith (NYG)
TE- Heath Miller

DT- Haloti Ngata
DE- DeMarcus Ware
MLB- Patrick Willis
CB- Terrell Thomas
SS- Adrian Wilson

That said you're not winning anything without a solid OLine and/or DLine at the very least and I cant put much thought into something where and offensive and defensive line aren't included considering entire offenses and defenses can be schemed around their strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway, Tom Brady is elite and at the very worst he's very good. Steven Jackson and MJD are both very good runners that could provide a power running game but they're also significant receiving threats which is useful as Brady likes to throw to his backs. Calvin Johnson is a better version of Randy Moss who will also do more in the offense and be a great threat deep to open up things underneath and in the running game. Welker or Smith are solid route running guys great at finding the hole in zones and moving the chains. Heath Miller is a fantastic blocker at the tight end spot so he'd also be useful in any style running game. He's also a good receiver (and one of the most underutilized ones). Brady would make him look like a star. The offense would be extremely balanced and capable of doing anything depending on what the defense gives them.

Defensively everything starts up front. Haloti Ngata is amazing vs the run and pass and he'd be even more dominant in a 4-3. Ngata taking on blockers for Willis is just scary in the run game. Adrian Wilson is also fantastic in run support. Terrell Thomas is very good all around corner. I wasn't really sure who to pick here. I want someone who can tackle well because even if they allow a catch underneath in Spags' scheme there may not always be help over the top on their side. I want someone who can play man press and off man well vs anyone. I think Thomas could do that. Adrian Wilson is a fantastic blitzing safety, maybe the best in the NFL (arguable Polamalu), again fitting into Spags' aggressive 4-3. I debated who I would want here and almost put Freeny but chose Ware instead for his versatility. Ware can pretty much beat any tackle in the NFL around the corner. The thing is the QBs can often step up in the pocket. With Ngata pushing the pocket there will be no where for the QB to step up and Ware can wreak havoc.

I tried not to make it too many super-superstars lol oh well
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:03 pm

Offensive coordinator- Sean Payton
Defensive coordinator- Zimmerman ( cincy's D coordinator )

Qb- slim rothlesthberger
Hb- Deangelo williams
Wr- Kenny Britt
Wr- Calvin Johnson
Te- Mercedes Lewis ( jax te who the colonel caint remember haha Wink )

De- Peppers
Mlb- Brian Urlacher
Cb- Quentin Jammer
Cb- Leon Hall
Fs- Antrolle rolle
Ss- Adrian Wilson

First I just want to agree with Tru..the success of the team lies in the trenches.. oline and dline.

Offensively the most important position is the qb. Big Ben is smart, hard to bring down, tough, and a proven winner. Even tho williams is on IR, I'd take him over 95% of the RB in the league. He is great handling the ball, quick, good vision, elusive, and has the break away speed. With Britt and Megatron as my receivers, gives Ben two monster leapers that will catch over any db. Lewis provides a excellent run blocker and a great pass catcher, with a 6-6 frame provides another big target. Height > Speed.. With Sean Payton as OC the possiblities are limitless.

Defensively I need that stud end. Peppers is almost perfect against the run or pass, he is one of the few elite De/OLB in the league. Urlacher is perhaps a top 5 MLB, he will be the qb of the defense. Lean Hall and quinton Jammer are great man coverage and zone coverage corners and will be flexible. Rolle and Wilson are dominant Safties that held together the Cardinals defense that went to the superbowl. Zimmerman is one of the better unknown defensive minded coordinators in the game. He was the cowboys D coordinator when the cowboys had a feared defense few years ago. He has done a great job with the bengals as well.
Back to top Go down
WhenInD0UBT

WhenInD0UBT

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Offensive Coordinator- Sean Payton
Defensive Coordinator- Dick LeBeau

QB-Tom Brady
RB- Jamaal Charles
WR-Larry Fitzgerald
WR-Wes Welker
TE-Jason Witten

DE- Trent Cole
MLB- Jerod Mayo
CB- nnamdi asomugha
CB-Devin Mccourty
S- Troy Polamalu
Back to top Go down
ZackMc72

ZackMc72

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:47 am

Offensive Coordinator- Peyton Manning Shocked
Defensive Coordinator- Rex and Rob Ryan

QB- Terrelle Pryor
RB- Peyton Hillis
WR- AJ Green
WR- Justin Blackmon
TE- Ben Watson

DE- (OLB if 3-4) Clay Matthews
MLB- Greg Jones
CB- Joe Haden
SS- TJ Ward

Cool
Back to top Go down
suicide-manual

suicide-manual

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:54 am

Head Coach - Sean Payton
Offensive Coordinator- Cam Cameron
Defensive Coordinator- Mike Nolan

QB- Michael Vick
RB- Chris Johnson or Deangelo Williams
WR- Brandon Marshall
WR- Dez Bryant
TE- Vernon Davis

DT- Haloti Ngata
DE- Cameron Wake
MLB- Karlos Dansby
CB- Vontae Davis, Darelle Revis
FS Antrell Rolle
SS Ed Reed

High Octane offense, with an attacking defense
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Offensive Coordinator- Mike Martz (assuming I have a solid OL)
Defensive Coordinator- Rex Ryan

QB- Mike Vick (if Martz's 7 step drop fails, good luck stopping his ability to improvise while having 3 WRs stretching the field)
RB- Ray Rice
WR- Reggie Wayne (precise)
WR- Hines Ward (again, Martz teaches precision)
WR (added a third WR since Martz doesn't go 2-2-1 sets)- Jeremy Maclin (gotta have 1 burner)
TE- Brandon Manumaleuna (Martz doesn't utilize the TE, so might as well take the best blocking TE in the league)

OLBs- Cameron Wake, DeMarcus Ware
MLB- Lawrence Timmons, James Farrior (if it ain't broke, don't fix it
CB- Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie, Brent Grimes (only reason I didn't choose Woodson is that he won't be around in 3 years)
NB (since Rex likes blitzing the nickel)- Aaron Ross (VERY GOOD at pass rushing)
FS- Nick Collins
SS- Tyvon Branch
DE- Haloti Ngata, Matt Toeina (yes, Matt Toeina...most underated DL in the league, as far as eating up double teams, goes)
DT- Vince Wilfork

Sorry, doesn't get any better than this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Offensive Coordinator- Charlie Weis
Defensive Coordinator- Gregg Williams

QB- Philip Rivers
RB- Jamaal Charles
WR- Calvin Johnson Jr.
WR- Brandon Marshall
TE- Dallas Clark

DE's- Mario Williams/Julius Peppers
OLB's- Clay Mathews/Cameron Wake
MLB- Patrick Willis
CB's- Nnamdi Asomugha/Champ Bailey
SS- Troy Polamalu
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta

CookieMonsta

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Offensive Coordinator- Bill O'Brian

QB- Tom Brady
RB- Lesean McCoy
WR- Reggie Wayne
WR- Wes Welker
WR - Calvin Johnson Jr.
TE- Jason Witten

DE's- Haloti Ngata/Richard Seymour
DT - Vince Wilfork
OLB's- Clay Matthews/Demarcus Ware
MLB- Patrick Willis, Jerod Mayo
CB's- Nnamdi Asomugha/Devin McCourty
FS - Nick Collins
SS - Troy Polamalu
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:20 pm

ZAN wrote:
Offensive Coordinator- Mike Martz (assuming I have a solid OL)

QB- Mike Vick (if Martz's 7 step drop fails, good luck stopping his ability to improvise while having 3 WRs stretching the field)
RB- Ray Rice
WR- Reggie Wayne (precise)
WR- Hines Ward (again, Martz teaches precision)
WR (added a third WR since Martz doesn't go 2-2-1 sets)- Jeremy Maclin (gotta have 1 burner)
TE- Brandon Manumaleuna (Martz doesn't utilize the TE, so might as well take the best blocking TE in the league)

OLBs- Cameron Wake, DeMarcus Ware
MLB- Lawrence Timmons, James Farrior (if it ain't broke, don't fix it
CB- Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie, Brent Grimes (only reason I didn't choose Woodson is that he won't be around in 3 years)
NB (since Rex likes blitzing the nickel)- Aaron Ross (VERY GOOD at pass rushing)
FS- Nick Collins
SS- Tyvon Branch
DE- Haloti Ngata, Matt Toeina (yes, Matt Toeina...most underated DL in the league, as far as eating up double teams, goes)
DT- Vince Wilfork

Sorry, doesn't get any better than this! Very Happy

You really don't want Aaron Ross. Like really really don't want Aaron Ross. He's occasionally a decent rusher but its because he's unaccounted for, he's really not that good. Terrell Thomas is better than Ross in every single aspect of the game, pass rushing included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwE4G3HVIhU&feature=related#t=2m28s

Theres Aaron Ross for you. I linked it to the specific part. Not to live in the past but if he does his job on that play I'd say theres a significant chance the Giants win that game. He's a moron. Thats not the only time its happened but its the most significant and the easiest one to find.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Wow great teams guys. The reason why i left out offensive lines because i just felt it's to much to account. Not everyone watches a LT, LG, C, RG, RT and see's what their specialties are and what not. So far i still
1. Ant1010 Cool
2. Zan
3. Megatron
4. Tru Statement.
Back to top Go down
MisterMazin

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Offensive Coordinator- Belichick

QB- Josh Freeman
RB- Ray Rice
WR- Dez Bryant, Maclin, Mike Williams
TE- Witten

OLBs- DeMarcus Ware, James Harrison
MLB- Jonathan Beason, Lawrence Timmons
CB- Aquib Talib, Rodgers-Cromartie
FS- Jarius Byrd
SS- Eric Berry
DE- Haloti Ngata, Julius Peppers
DT- Suh
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Boldin wrote:

QB- Josh Freeman
RB- Ray Rice
TE- Witten

FS- Jarius Byrd
SS- Eric Berry
DT- Suh

More of a madden guy than a football guy, eh? (no disrespect)

If you were running a 3-4 Peppers doesn't really fit at DE and Suh doesn't really fit at NT.

I also highly doubt Rex's style and Belichicks style would fit together well. And BB is a defensive guy, not an offensive guy. He's so good a coach I think he'd be fine as an offensive coordinator but he's known for his defense, not his offense.
Back to top Go down
blood9585

blood9585

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Offensive Coordinator- Mike Martz

QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Chris Johnson
WR- Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Devin Hester
TE- Kellen Winslow Jr.

DT- Shaun Rogers
DE- Haloti Ngata, Darnell Dockett
OLB- Cameron Wake, Demarcus Ware
MLB- Patrick Willis, Jon Beason
CB- Darrelle Revis, Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie, Asante Samuel
FS- Laron Landry
SS- Troy Polamalu
Back to top Go down
http://WiseMaddenConcepts.Blogspot.com
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:07 pm

Tru Statement wrote:
Boldin wrote:

QB- Josh Freeman
RB- Ray Rice
TE- Witten

FS- Jarius Byrd
SS- Eric Berry
DT- Suh

If you were running a 3-4 Peppers doesn't really fit at DE and Suh doesn't really fit at NT.

I also highly doubt Rex's style and Belichicks style would fit together well. And BB is a defensive guy, not an offensive guy. He's so good a coach I think he'd be fine as an offensive coordinator but he's known for his defense, not his offense.

You're crazy, mostly anyone can fit anywhere, realistically saying. Peppers can play a 3-4 nose if someone placed him there. you can't really say that. Hell im sure some people wouldn't agree to have Jay Ratliff at 3-4 nose and look what he's doing. Ware is on the line a lot of in our 3-4, and sometimes he's at a 5 tech and not out wide. Maybe he likes to drop a lot in his 3-4 and giving him that 3 man rush. Peppers, Suh and Ngata are very capable. It's all about how you play and how you get your players to play.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:15 pm

ware at a 5 tech changes nothing for him. but peppers at a 3-4 nose changes a whole lot
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:02 am

Ant1010 wrote:

DE- (OLB if 3-4)

Majority of people that picked ware, was puttin him in a 3-4 system.. and No, whoever would put peppers at NG or DE in a 34 system would be an idiot. Even Albert Hanynesworth refuses to play NG. No way a coach could get peppers to play at de or ng in a 34 system. 34 system requires big beefy guys on the line to take on double teams. not great pass rushers...lol...they get moved to olb
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:16 am

Ant1010 wrote:
Tru Statement wrote:
Boldin wrote:

QB- Josh Freeman
RB- Ray Rice
TE- Witten

FS- Jarius Byrd
SS- Eric Berry
DT- Suh

You're crazy, mostly anyone can fit anywhere, realistically saying. Peppers can play a 3-4 nose if someone placed him there. you can't really say that. Hell im sure some people wouldn't agree to have Jay Ratliff at 3-4 nose and look what he's doing. Ware is on the line a lot of in our 3-4, and sometimes he's at a 5 tech and not out wide. Maybe he likes to drop a lot in his 3-4 and giving him that 3 man rush. Peppers, Suh and Ngata are very capable. It's all about how you play and how you get your players to play.

Of course Ngata is very capable. Ngata has often rolled to nose throughout his career. He's like 350 pounds, strong as an ox, and moves very well. Suh is certainly debatable but you'd certainly make him much less effective if at all effective.

You're certainly right its all about how you play, though. However when I think 3-4, I'm thinking a conventional 2 gap 3-4 because few people run Bum Phillips one gap under style 3-4 and most football followers have no idea what that is. Most people wouldn't agree to have Jay Ratliff at 3-4 nose because he probably wouldn't be very successful at nose in a true 3-4, he'd be more suited for anchor. However, the cowboys are one of the few teams that run the one gap 3-4 where Ratliff plays more like a 4-3 3 technique and shoots gaps blowing up runs and rushing the passer.

And Peppers is an egomaniac. He was extremely lazy in carolina. Highly doubtful you get him to play on a DL in a 3-4 and if you do you severely reduce his effectiveness and limit his talents. If he's in a 3-4 he's gonna wanna play OLB, period.

Again you are very right about its much more about the style of defense than simple 3-4 or 4-3 but when you think traditional 3-4 with Peppers at DE and Suh at NT, you are severely limiting what makes both of those players elite, and thats what I was thinking. So if he meant a more hybrid 3-4, 3-4 under, one gap, bum phillips style 3-4 defense, you could certainly make it work, but thats not what I was thinking when I read it.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:27 am

Megatron_81 wrote:
Ant1010 wrote:

DE- (OLB if 3-4)

Majority of people that picked ware, was puttin him in a 3-4 system.. and No, whoever would put peppers at NG or DE in a 34 system would be an idiot. Even Albert Hanynesworth refuses to play NG. No way a coach could get peppers to play at de or ng in a 34 system. 34 system requires big beefy guys on the line to take on double teams. not great pass rushers...lol...they get moved to olb

Mostly anyone DL can play anywhere. Peppers can play a 3-4 DE if he were asked to. You guys listen to what NFL people say so much about 3-4 DT. They don't get double teamed everyplay. hell Ratliff is what 290. 'd take him over a lot of 3-4 noses.
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:52 am

Offensive Coordinator-Sean Payton

QB-Aaron Rodgers
RB- Jamaal Charles
WR-DeSean Jackson
WR-Calvin Johnson
WR- Anquan Boldin
TE- Jermichael Finley

DE- Haloti Ngata, Richard Seymour
DT- BJ Raji
OLB- Clay Matthews, Terrell Suggs
MLB- Pat Willis, Bart Scott
CB- Nnamdi Asomugha, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
FS- Nick Collins
SS- Troy Polamalu
Back to top Go down
Dalton Big D

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:54 am

peppers said he wanted to play in the 3-4 and be an olb before back when he was on the panthers. i remember there was alot of talk of a trade to the pats.
Back to top Go down
Dalton Big D

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:24 am

offense sean payton
Defense rex ryan
qb Phillip Rivers
hb Adrian Peterson
wr brandon marshall
wr sidney rice (great when healthy)
slot wr percy harvin
te gates

3-4

de haloti ngata richard seymour
nt vince wilfork
olb clay matthews suggs
mlb ray lewis patrick willis
cb d.r.c and aso
fs ed reed
ss michael huff (corner great in man coverage)
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Terrell Thomas is Sick, Aaron Ross is a joke
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Dalton Big D wrote:
offense sean payton
Defense rex ryan
qb Phillip Rivers
hb Adrian Peterson
wr brandon marshall
wr sidney rice (great when healthy)
slot wr percy harvin
te gates

3-4

de haloti ngata richard seymour
nt vince wilfork
olb clay matthews suggs
mlb ray lewis patrick willis
cb d.r.c and aso
fs ed reed
ss michael huff (corner great in man coverage)

Dream Team
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you were told you had 3 years to...   If you were told you had 3 years to... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you were told you had 3 years to...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next