Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Warming up the QB myth or fact

Go down 
+11
WFColonel56
lockdown100
king_jason2
SasserAssassin
JakeH23
Slimreaper256
WasItTehChad
bahdbwoy
ZAN
sgibs
Jander
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jander

Jander

Warming up the QB myth or fact Empty
PostSubject: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:01 pm

I have heard people say that you need to warm your QBup the first couple of passes to get him "dialed in" for the rest of the game. Do you guys believe that or just making excuses for bad throws? Think it only applies to certain QBs? I havent played with Rogers but I am sure you don't have to warm him up
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:51 pm

this is fiction not fact lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:41 pm

It's not fiction at all.

You definitely have to get quarterbacks with low consistency ratings into the game first. Dial up a swing pass or a quick hitch. Get 2 or 3 completions on that first drive.
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 pm

You ( the qb ) needs some warmup ;/
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:54 am

IMHO i think you need to get your qb into a rythm. Ive seen people throw HB screens/bubble screens/drags/ various short passes with Tebow, Tarvaris, etc then the rest of the game those guys with low 70s, high 60s across the board in accuracy look like peyton manning.
Back to top Go down
Jander

Jander

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Its a freakin game so I don't see them putting in a adjustment where you need to get your GB warmed up but I have had those games where the QB is on the money and other games where he is throwing it at the guy in the 3rd row. Makes me wonder.......
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 pm

ratings for QBs dont fluctuate in game because they arent warmed up.

100% fiction not fact
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:51 pm

Number ratings...no....

DPP ratings, yes...especially consistency...
Back to top Go down
Slimreaper256

Slimreaper256

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:04 am

ZAN wrote:
Number ratings...no....

I can't believe I'm saying this but... I agree with Zan. (WTF? LOL!) Anyways, I think this is very true. Especially, if you're someone who's into online franchises. This is where DPP shows its ugly side, because it functions on a week to week basis, instead of quarter to quarter. There have been times where Drew Bress couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at the start of a game, because either I got a sim-loss ( I try very hard to limit those!!) or had a game w/ 2 or more INTs the previous week ( I try to limit those also!!! LOL!) It seems almost like the game forces you to get some "easy completions" to get your QB back on track. And if I'm not mistaken they elude to that in the "Eli Manning DPP Promo".
Back to top Go down
JakeH23

JakeH23

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:31 pm

It doesn't seem to matter to me at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakeh23
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm

ZAN wrote:
Number ratings...no....

heres the thing though.

when you are user controlling a player DPP ratings are not activated. FACT not OPINION.

warming up isnt a real thing at all

on a sidenote - it would be pretty cool if it was
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 pm

So Gibs,

I'm sure you wouldn't call it a coincidence that QBs throw more errant balls (high floaters over the middle, balls out of bounds down the sideline) after they've been sacked once or twice, and their "Sense Pressure DPP Attribute" goes from yes to no? But I'm user controlling the QB...right?
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:10 am

ive seen the "Sense Pressure" DPP go from Yes, to no, to Oblivious..

kinda funny
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:39 am

all in your head
some guys think that some dont
to me its bs
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:25 pm

ZAN wrote:
So Gibs,

I'm sure you wouldn't call it a coincidence that QBs throw more errant balls (high floaters over the middle, balls out of bounds down the sideline) after they've been sacked once or twice, and their "Sense Pressure DPP Attribute" goes from yes to no? But I'm user controlling the QB...right?

zan its literally not even something that can be questioned. its 100% a fact literally thats designed in the game for DPP not affecting user controller players.

ie Adrian Peterson wont fumble more whiel you are user controlling him.

i dont know why you are arguing this fact - its not just what you "feel"
Back to top Go down
king_jason2

king_jason2

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:40 pm

i like to warm up my punter cuz my offense stalls so hard lol jk. ima have to side with the gibs man on this one simply from a production standpoint. i dont think EA would intentionally do this due to the BROAD spectrum at which the game is consumed. it is for the casual madden player as well as the Madden maniacs! aka MB nation.

that being said if this game simply catered to us i feel that this added "warm up" feature would actually be kinda cool and add much more realism to the gm.

ex; wide eyed rookie, gotta get him going and get his "swag" up if you will , string together multiple short reads and easy completions then when hes feeling froggy bomb the hell outta it and throw a pick because lets be honest hes a rookie lol unless his name is CAMmmmmm (michael Irvin voice)
Back to top Go down
http://j.crabb2@yahoo.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:44 pm

i think the warm up thing would be pretty cool though.

say your guy gets injured and then you need to sub in a guy. he comes in cold and doenst play up to his ratings for 2-3 plays

kinda cool
Back to top Go down
lockdown100

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 4:21 pm

I think its true but it not a warm up I think it has more to do with the momentum coding they use in the game. I watch some of the elite guys games and miss throws they always make seem so easy. Then after a couple of dink and donk passes they are back to bombing it out with crazy dots.
Back to top Go down
Jander

Jander

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 4:51 pm

On a side note I hate snow and why people pick it is to be unkown, of course I got beat so thats probably it.

QBs who throw in a dome cannot throw in the snow, or at least Brees can't. I played a guy last night that picked the Ravens, and yes you guessed it HEAVY SNOW. I was leading 10-0 at halftime second half Brees would stand like a statue in the pockets and no matter how many times I pressed the pass button he would not throw for like 2 seconds, enough time for Suggs or Lewis to baptize hime. This is Fact not fiction
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:12 pm

sgibs wrote:
i think the warm up thing would be pretty cool though.

say your guy gets injured and then you need to sub in a guy. he comes in cold and doenst play up to his ratings for 2-3 plays

kinda cool
http://www.forum.maddenbible.com/t4849-official-madden-13-suggestion-thread#top

2nd post....use your powers to make it happen gibbsy lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Jander wrote:
On a side note I hate snow and why people pick it is to be unkown, of course I got beat so thats probably it.

QBs who throw in a dome cannot throw in the snow, or at least Brees can't. I played a guy last night that picked the Ravens, and yes you guessed it HEAVY SNOW. I was leading 10-0 at halftime second half Brees would stand like a statue in the pockets and no matter how many times I pressed the pass button he would not throw for like 2 seconds, enough time for Suggs or Lewis to baptize hime. This is Fact not fiction

in M09 ppl would pick it for 2 reasons

1. really hurts the passing game......st8 ground fest. people who cant pass loved it lol (same thing with rain).....PPl also did it to players who used the Viks then. Peterson had like 63 carry and the snow/rain effected carry rating

2. They wear white jerseys.....nuff said. Like playing boise st at home. F'n ninja's lol

im pretty sure the reasons still apply
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 2:37 am

Example, If Adrian Peterson fumbles and his DPP goes from
Doesn't cover to Covers up ball. And your usering him, he won't just start covering up the ball on his own.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:05 pm

IMO DPP does effect fumbles. I have seen it myself

Early in the yr I made a dude fumble 4 times with his RB. (forgot the team though)

The 1st one came in the 3rd Q...it took a while to get
the 2nd one came late in the 3rd
then I got another 1 early 4th
and the last 1 mid 4th

(if your asking yourself how he got that many possessions, I cribbed 3 of the fumbles lol)

No DPP wont make the RB cover up. But i think it does increase the likelihood of a fumble so you need to cover up yourself. And in between these fumbles he didnt have any good runs to get his DPP back to normal

And im sure some of you guys havent seen anything this crazy for yourself but being this late in the madden yr Im sure you guys have made a fumble happen on a Kick return and then made another one happen with a lesser hit (or a weaker strip attempt) DPP in action
Back to top Go down
relli843

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:50 pm

yeah but it is true that dpp is not supposed to effect your user controlled players
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:58 pm

It does though. You can say it's completely false all you want. All I know is that when I take a QB like Brees or Rodgers, and he gets sacked enough to a point that his "Sense Rush" goes to "Paranoid" and then you start to see Rodgers tuck the ball and take a sack in the middle of a throwing animation, that in the first quarter, he gets the ball out....you can't tell me that DPP didn't take over there. I won't believe that for a minute. It's a blatant lie to say that DPP doesn't effect human controlled players....

Or that when Woodson's "Clutch" turns to "Yes" in the fourth quarter of a close game, that he won't snatch everything that you click on to catch.

It's blatantly false to say DPP doesn't enhance or harm players that you control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warming up the QB myth or fact   Warming up the QB myth or fact Empty

Back to top Go down

Warming up the QB myth or fact
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next