Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

special teams breakdown?

Go down 
+3
Frunkis
ZP3
SaintsG0Marchin'In
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SaintsG0Marchin'In

special teams breakdown? Empty
PostSubject: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Man I was disappointed why no special teams TWIN 20? I watched and unless I missed it somehow I didn't see ZFarls' special teams video that was talked about before the show in mailbag. The video was acting up and I could have fast forwarded past it I guess but I'm pretty sure it wasn't covered.
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 9:51 pm

if u watch tthe rematch idk if if ever seen better kick return and squib kick style. he took the chris johnson kick return out of that hole game
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Yeah giving up 30-50 yards on every kick off is genius. That squib kick stuff is ridiculous and you can still return those for a TD. Just kick it off and control the kicker.
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 am

Gotta squib, (got the video's edited, sorry about lack of footage on 20) I hated it at first but I am now a believer in the squib.

Killa 21g got squibbed at MLG and it was a monster play in the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:30 am

Frunkis. Scoreboard.

10 points...even with good field position. It also ha big play written all over it. Ie hit stick fumbles.

Squib for life!

Its def something you wanna use
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:39 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
Frunkis. Scoreboard.

10 points...even with good field position. It also ha big play written all over it. Ie hit stick fumbles.

Squib for life!

Its def something you wanna use

You can hit stick without a squib. In fact you're more likely to get one because people won't have room to take sharp turns and avoid them. And you won't be giving up an extra 10-30 yards for the 1 in a million fumble chance.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:48 pm

i have no problem with squib kicking. that is no different then cats trying to kick the ball out of bounds near the 1 yard line. it's a tactic imo!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 am

no he will take me gettin it to the 39 or 30. when you kick it deep did u see what darren sproles did??? imagine 99 speed
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 1:57 pm

An average kickoff is returned to about the 30 yard line. If the squib kick is done correctly they will return it to about the 40 with a worst case scenario of mid-field if the squib goes directly to a player on the KR team. So, you are only giving up 10-20 yards with about a 1% chance of giving up a KR for a TD. This, in turn, makes the offense earn every point and forces them to show you their hand by running their offense for you to see. Great Strategy!
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:28 pm

I HATED it and alot of people think its dumb. But, I have fell in love with it. Its sweet, totally optional but I love it now.
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:52 pm

ok so special teams video coming TWIM 21?
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Saints,

Patience, patience! We WILL cover special teams this week. You have my word.

Kick return, kick offs, punt returns etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: special teams breakdown?   special teams breakdown? Empty

Back to top Go down

special teams breakdown?
Page 1 of 1