Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Top 5 teams and why?

Go down 
+4
shane_rlly2
B-__-R-__-B
wangtangkiki
TheHungryMann
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHungryMann

Top 5 teams and why? Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 teams and why?   Top 5 teams and why? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:28 am

^^^

I know the Cowboys and Chargers are the most popular teams, but is there any other reason besides a good QB, RB and great RC targets?

What is the biggest factor when you pick a team?

Why aren't teams like the Vikings, Eagles etc. used more often?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams and why?   Top 5 teams and why? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:50 am

Eagles are very popular: They have a fast QB with Vick, they have a good QB in McNabb, they have two speedy receivers, Jackson/Maclin, 99/95 speed WRs..

Why I wouldn't pick the Eagles anymore:
WRs are not tall enough to RC.

I used to like the Eagles, but since I've been using Balanced, the Cowboys/Chargers are better than the Eagles.

Vikings:
Adrian Peterson's carry rating is a 61 I believe. That's horrible. You can't have a turnover machine on your team.

Biggest factors when I chose a team:
Great QB
Tall, fast, and great CIT ratings for WRs
Fast/Good carry RB
Fast LBs
Fast + Tall secondary, man/zone ratings don't matter, just need to be fast.
D-line/O-line doesn't matter.

This is why I use the Cowboys.
I would maybe put the Chargers next. I'm going to go through the list of teams and give my rankings.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B

B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams and why?   Top 5 teams and why? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:11 am

when i first started getting into madden i didnt know anything about rocket catching or nano blitzing i only knew fundemental football, it has enhanced my game but i know how to make the eagles work without rocket catching although i have found a way to RC with desean, maclin, ingram, and avant, but my offense is not based on the rocket, i dont have anything against people that rocket, just my gameplan isnt designed around that, things i look for in a team.

1- gotta have a decent QB doesnt have to be great but does have to have the abiltiy to make some throws
2- either speed or power back, tweener backs dont work for me, i perfer speed back cuz i run alot of gun
3- at least 1 good WR or TE, someone i can count on to make a big catch at a crutial point in the game
4- tweener DE's, i like the ability to drop my DE's and not have to worry about there speed so DE's that are quick or have a decent zone rating also i can sub them in for Dt's and sub LB's at the DE spots and have an overall fast athletic D on the field.
5-i run alot of zone coverages so at least 2 CB's with good zone ratings speed and man coverage arent as important to me, 80 and above in the zone coverage rating is jus fine for me
6- last but not least i gotta and i say gotta have a dynamic user guy, i perfer to play the short/deep middle of the field with a saftey and i like big physicall safties, the giants aaron rouse is beastly, the buccs sabby piscitelli is real nice, and the cardinals freak of a safty adrian wilson, these type of defenders are key to my gameplan cuz they allow me to take out certain key players on the other side of the ball, although when i roll with philly i put brown or jones at saftey and roam with them they got the hit power so im real confident against the run.
Back to top Go down
shane_rlly2

shane_rlly2

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams and why?   Top 5 teams and why? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:12 am

the Vikings defense is horrible besides the d line and AP has fumble issue cant count on him eventhought hes 1 of the main reasons people do pick minny

eagles are a tad small at wide receiver but fast doesnt appeal to the people who rocket catch

Cowboys are the #1 choice for alot of people because they have the most balanced offense in the game(speed and height) and their defense is top notch and if you rocket catch whos better than the Chargers plus their defense is rediculous(wit Merrmen Cro etc.)
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams and why?   Top 5 teams and why? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:21 pm

The Saints are nasty! Brees is as accurate as you are going to find, Colston and Shockey can RC like rock stars and Meachem or Henderson are solid slot guys. Thomas is a little slow but solid and Bush is nice coming off of a blue route or going to the flats. Their D isn't the fastest in the world but Vilma with 85 speed can get in done in the GL D and Casillas has 87 speed. Corners are a little slow but solid and Sharper is a beast at FS.
Back to top Go down
J. Johnson II

J. Johnson II

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams and why?   Top 5 teams and why? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 pm

I would say the Saints are a top team as well.

* They have the best QB in the game

* Marques Colston is one of the best RC WR's in the game

* They also have outstanding speed with Henderson and Bush

* Three reliable RB's

* Very good offensive line

The Saints also have a very good overall defense. Not really any guys that 'wow' you, maybe outside of Sharper, but nearly everyone on their defense is solid.

As far as the Vikings go, Peterson's carry is an issue, but it's a risk/reward type of thing. The amount of tackles he breaks and the fact that he can make a big play out of absolutely nothing, makes his fumbling issue much less of a problem, IMO.

They also have a good QB in Favre, Rice is a beast at RC, and they have super speed with Harvin and Barrian, along with a solid offensive line and a good backup in Chestor Taylor.

Another underrated thing about the Vikings is Tavaris Jackson. Having him take about 10 or so snaps per game, can really throw the defense off guard. He can make short/mid throws and is a playmaker with his legs.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams and why?   Top 5 teams and why? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:31 pm

The Vikes also have Harvin for KR/PR and the slot. How is Visanthe at RCing? I have never tried him but I am curious
Back to top Go down
feltmonster

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams and why?   Top 5 teams and why? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:00 am

i need a QB who can throw on the run

i dont rollout a lot but dodging nanos or scrambling to let the screen develop is neccessary against a good defensive opponent who knows how to put pressure on your QB

i used to use the patriots but toms 54 throw on the run rating makes him put the ball in weird spots sometimes and a turnover can change a game completely
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams and why?   Top 5 teams and why? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Raiders Cowboys or Titans nuff said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams and why?   Top 5 teams and why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 5 teams and why?
Page 1 of 1