Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

TWIM 24 Mailbag

Go down 
+20
matthewxy1
buffalobillsfan
IPIRIEY
Stock1528
SaintsG0Marchin'In
kamikazefireball
hairy weasel
TheCrew22
PeytonMvPManning
wangtangkiki
Homerunhittas
xHEx DeathAngel
direwolves14
WFColonel56
mp
Cochlea
krod516
jordanl95
Militant X 1
ZFarls
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:37 am

Great questions last week and im sure we will have some more good ones this week!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 am

1. what are the best ways (i.e. formations or by hot-routing) to create picks and rubs for your WRs to get open?

2. when establishing a "running" scheme, what types of audibles should be set to compliment it?

3. what are the 5 "essential" audibles (play types not the formation) needed that every player needs to have set in order to attack every part of the field?

~Mili
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:45 am

Militant X 1 wrote:
1. what are the best ways (i.e. formations or by hot-routing) to create picks and rubs for your WRs to get open?

Id love to see this question answered -

Also,

1.What are some good defensive plays on 4th and short's outta the 4-3 that can really get some good pressure on the QB and cover the short passes.

2. What are some good route combos and inside routes out of the snugs shotgun and singleback formations.
Back to top Go down
krod516

krod516

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:49 pm

1. Besides the clown, what is another good play to run when you need a last second desperation TD?

2. What team(s) are the most overlooked in this years game.

3. Which player(s) do you think is going to make the leap to madden stardom next year?

4. Possible Team Break down(s):
- Bears
- Bengals
- Raiders
Back to top Go down
Cochlea

Cochlea

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Does the field goal accuracy rating matter if you're doing the kicking? i.e. If you're a little off to the left, will you miss by more if your kicker has a low accuracy rating? (More of a possible MythBusters than a question, I suppose, but it's quick enough that you might be able to squeeze two MythBusters into one show)
Back to top Go down
mp

mp

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Team breakdown of the J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!! Hook a season ticket holder up.

Just watched the replay of the game of the week, Gibs I liked that you pulled out the stick play that you featured a few months back. From the plays you used from the Dallas book it looks like the guide is going to be solid. Does it bother you that the Dallas book only has 1 WR screen?
Back to top Go down
Cochlea

Cochlea

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Meant to add- Don't know if you guys ever learned this (we were chatting it), but while the original splashscreen was up before the show started, we cold hear you talking in the background going over the format of the show. Glad you didn't spill any important beans (like the bracket seedings). You did reveal that you'd only take one caller, and that that one caller would be participating in the lightning round game - Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with us finding that out. But I'd hate for you to leak something next week that you guys didn't mean to.
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Yeah, thats a production error as the director should mute the host mics! (scott van pelt dropped an fbomb) I will make that note to the director and we appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:00 pm

A falcons breakdown on how you would set their depth chart. And why
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
direwolves14

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:23 pm

A Cowboys breakdown on depth chart and how do you their defense. Similar to what you did with the Ravens on TWIM 23
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 pm

COLTS Team Breakdown!

xHEx DeathAngel
Back to top Go down
Homerunhittas

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:08 pm

I have 3 threes I'd like to know if you don't mind 1.Umbumpables/ ways to beat a man press with the blitz 2.Ways to beat a deep dropback/ scrambling QB 3. Ways to defend great WRs/ TEs like Vernon Davis, Tony Gonzalez, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald players who make catches in traffic (Anquan Boldin) and silly catches (Randy Moss) that wouldn't normally be caught and you don't necessarily have a player on defense who can matchup one on one basically what are ways you can double team them or put serious coverage on them besides spotlighting (because I've spolighted them and sometimes they still make the catch lol) thanks for all your help Sgibs and Zfarls
Back to top Go down
mp

mp

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:24 pm

direwolves14 wrote:
A Cowboys breakdown on depth chart and how do you their defense. Similar to what you did with the Ravens on TWIM 23

I believe they did one a few shows back when they did an on the fly Dallas scheme. I don't remember the show.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:34 am

direwolves14 wrote:

DireWolves....they already broke down the Cowboys bruh! it was TWIM Show #18. here's the link for ya:

http://maddenbible.com/2010/01/21/this-week-in-madden--show-18-live.aspx

~Mili
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:12 am

How can I stop a goalline offense? I've played a friend that uses purely the Goal Line formation. He'll do tosses, sneak, and Power O, then when I stop one thing, he'll be ready to do a PA.. . The last time I played him he was using the Jaguars and Garrard got a good sneak.

Do a team breakdown of the Broncos or the Redskins!! (FB is 6'3" so he can RC!!)
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning

PeytonMvPManning

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:19 am

What do you do if your star player gets hurt( ex: Peyton Manning) and it effects your whole gameplan?
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:20 am

PeytonMvPManning wrote:
What do you do if your star player gets hurt( ex: Peyton Manning) and it effects your whole gameplan?

You keep going with your normal stuff because Jim Sorgi is better anyway!
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:27 pm

You run the ball. Make the QB not a central figure of your game. Use quick short throws that won't be off target.
Back to top Go down
hairy weasel

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:16 pm

i need help with titans defense. i love playing with them because of chris johnsons but there d really seems like its lacking. not much speed height or hit power. what are good ways to use what little they do have on defense
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:45 pm

hairy weasel wrote:
i need help with titans defense. i love playing with them because of chris johnsons but there d really seems like its lacking. not much speed height or hit power. what are good ways to use what little they do have on defense

I was messing around with their D depth chart because I think I may get them in the EAFL league I'm in..

LE:Vanden Bosch, Jones, Brown
RE: Ball, Marks, Brown
DT: Jones, Marks, Brown, Haye, Vickerson

LOLB: Kearse, Ford, Tulloch
MLB: Bulluck, McRath, Keglar, Allred
ROLB: Hayes, Ford, Allred

CB: Finnegan, McCourty, Griffin, Hood, Mouton
FS: Fuller, Hope, Kaesviharn
SS: Harper, Hope, Kaesviharn

Your fastest secondary players are at CB, which I use all of them since I audible down to my formations from Quarters, LB Pass Rush formation/sub.

You have to have defensive lineman at LB since the LBs are so slow.. The D-L provide height and speed.

Fuller is the tallest player that has "okay" speed in the secondary. He's 6'1" and 80 speed.. I'd probably switch him with a faster CB, and put him at 5th CB so he doesn't get anytime in the scheme you run.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 pm

How do both of you go about attacking a 1-5-5 defense?

How would you go about attacking your own (the original) Goalline Defense?

Whats your fav coverage D out of the 4-4?

How do you feel about putting your SS's at OLB in the 4-4 (ATL Falcons for example)?

What tourny player would you hate to face in the 1st round at MLG?

How do you feel about ACC Clock? And do you think it should be used at tournys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
kamikazefireball

kamikazefireball

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:55 pm

What is the most memorable game (win or loss) of your madden career?
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:12 pm

WFColonel56 wrote:
How do both of you go about attacking a 1-5-5 defense?

How do you feel about ACC Clock? And do you think it should be used at tournys?

I really wish ACC clock wasnt used, and there was 5 min quarters instead. Gives more time to audible, cause i know when i do no huddle all of my players get tired to fast, and if you want to have a long drive it really hurts you.

I'd like to see this question answered.

Last edited by jordanl95 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Also Zfarls , What's the reason you dont use the Giants. I know its your favorite team, but whats the thing that makes them a team not suitable for your using.
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:20 pm

Fist off thank for answering my question on run d from the 46 book guys and congrats on another great TWIM!

"What are some of the most effective QB draw setups?. Since the patch came out which has taken away the ability to gain immediate QB control from canceled PA plays what are some ways to still utilize QB draw effectively from UC and GUN? And are we left with designed roll out plays/canceled HB screens to gain that immediate control? I run Houston pb and have TJax at my disposal since I use the Vikings.Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 24 Mailbag   TWIM 24 Mailbag Empty

Back to top Go down

TWIM 24 Mailbag
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next