Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

TWIM 28 Mailbag

Go down 
+16
xHHx_JayNizz
SteelersPSUfan
Hibachi
lockdown100
iswaggnificent
yovani13
xHHx_VaBeach757
jordanl95
wangtangkiki
CookieMonsta
Frunkis
secondhandsoxx
bahdbwoy
Cochlea
WFColonel56
Militant X 1
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:39 pm

other than it being the weak side.....why are sweeps, tosses and pitches more effective when running to the left side of the field instead of the right side?

~Mili
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Durring a game will you guys just go 4 verts if you have better personel on the field?

How would you set up the Atlanta Falcons Depth Chart (offense and defense)?

In a 4-3 defense would you ever put a 84 spd DE in at OLB for better run support?

Whats your favorite man/zone combo?

Do you like drag routes as your main reads or just as a check down route?

How do you feel about motioning a RB out into the slot?

Do you think that C. Johnson could beat Bolt in a foot race?..lol

Why is zfarls on Spike TV on Sundays at 10pm est?...lol jk

Last edited by WFColonel56 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
Cochlea

Cochlea

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:54 pm

I've been running the 4-4, and been getting killed by flats out of Snugs. I think having LBs without great speed is a part of that. What's a good way to counter snugs when using the 4-4?
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:07 pm

question = what is your favorite route combination in madden and is there a certain personnel package that makes it more effective?

example - if you do a post/dig/shallow, is it better to have a fast wr running the post or the shallow, ect.. does having the wrong person in a certain spot compromise the combination b/c the D reacts differently?
Back to top Go down
secondhandsoxx

secondhandsoxx

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:31 am

I have what some people close to me have referred to as an "anger management" issue. As a result of this, I have a very short fuse and a game of madden has certain moments that can trigger an "episode". My controllers feel most of the brunt of this, as my hardwood floor can attest to. So my question is threefold:

How can I avoid sending my 60 dollar xbox controllers to the abyss?

Is there some way I can manage my anger during a game when something doesn't go my way?

Are my controllers doomed to the oblivion that is my spare room closet?
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:00 am

Militant X 1 wrote:
other than it being the weak side.....why are sweeps, tosses and pitches more effective when running to the left side of the field instead of the right side?

~Mili

Ah, I hate that! If you go into practice mode and replay your tosses, the right side toss starts like 2 yards further back. I always assumed it had to do with the handedness of the qb but I never tested it.
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta

CookieMonsta

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:55 am

How can I effectively utilize the Pistol Twin TE formation out of the KC playbook?
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:39 am

Hey Cookie, there is a free eBook provided by Ant1010

http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dcwv9f54_2dvz3j6fc
[There is only a 3 play mini scheme but it helps]

I hope they give you tips on how to use the Pistol.. because I want to also..

There is a QB Sneak from Pistol, and there is a good route you can RC from.. you can RC from any slant route, but where the TE is on the line makes it better.. Oh yeah, there is a HB Slip Screen too =)
TE Stick:
1. Block RB to the right
2. Motion RB to right
3. Put the TE on the LOS on a slant to the right, then smart route it.
(Optional 4: If you like to RC fades better than streaks, put the outside right WR on a fade)
(Optional 5: Put Square in any route you want.. maybe a drag because if you roll to the right, then you'll have the WR coming across the field and will be open vs zone or man usually)

Hike the ball. First read is the flat route.. if it's not open, look for the smart routed slant route.. Bullet Pass, pass lead to the sideline; If neither are open, you can RC to the outside WR.. if those aren't there.. see if the drag across the middle from the outside left WR is open.. if neither.. throw it out of bounds, or run it.. I use the Titans in this book.. so you'll have VY to run with =D

I would suggest using a team like the Titans.. you have two good RC players.. One WR (Britt) and the TE: Cook Jr.. I put Cook Jr on the LOS, then I do the 3 WR Package.. I have my fastest WR at #3.. when you do this, it makes it so your fastest player is running the flat route in the flanker dig play.

Btw.. the HB Power play out of Pistol is dominant for some reason.. vs. the 4-4 double a-gap blitz, I was getting to the edge, then breaking it almost every play.. it was insane.

Last edited by wangtangkiki on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:04 pm

secondhandsoxx wrote:
I have what some people close to me have referred to as an "anger management" issue. As a result of this, I have a very short fuse and a game of madden has certain moments that can trigger an "episode". My controllers feel most of the brunt of this, as my hardwood floor can attest to. So my question is threefold:

How can I avoid sending my 60 dollar xbox controllers to the abyss?

Is there some way I can manage my anger during a game when something doesn't go my way?

Are my controllers doomed to the oblivion that is my spare room closet?

Stress ball =]
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:08 pm

1.What is a good coverage D out of 4-6 or 4-6 bear.

2. What is a way to effectively use a corner blitz but still have good pass defense.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_VaBeach757

xHHx_VaBeach757

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:34 pm

will TWIM games of the week ever be on the PS3 ?
Back to top Go down
yovani13

yovani13

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 pm

1. Can u bring someone that can play the 46 defense to play game of the week?

2. The streak RC is tougher than it may seem. Can you give us a 102 lesson to RCing streaks?

3. How do you stop goal-line runs..using goal-line defense?

4. When doing toss plays, and opponent puts de on contain. How can we pick up that de before he reaches my Hb? I usually try to motion my Wr (subed in for TE) towards the DE, but i m not sure when to hike the ball?

5. what play do u run, when you are down by 4 and you got 2 minutes on the clock? (no timeouts, opponent plays cover 4)
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:59 pm

@WFColonel56 - i got your PM but i cant respond until i get my post count up lol..

thanks thats what i was thinking.. i was hoping they would do a couple examples.. good topic i think
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 pm

bahdbwoy wrote:
@WFColonel56 - i got your PM but i cant respond until i get my post count up lol..

thanks thats what i was thinking.. i was hoping they would do a couple examples.. good topic i think
No prob. It really is a very good topic.....Things like that could make or break a play for some teams...The timing of routes are why some peoples money plays are not so money for other people who have diff personel...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
iswaggnificent

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:36 pm

i am in a sim league that doesnt allow me to to manually move my players to A gaps or B gaps they want to try to avoid nano blitzing (which i think is dumb im just in the league for the przie at the end lol)

i was wondering if there is a way to nano blitz out of any formation without having to manually move players to these gaps other then the goalline blitz
Back to top Go down
lockdown100

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:44 pm

yovani13 wrote:
1. Can u bring someone that can play the 46 defense to play game of the week?

2. The streak RC is tougher than it may seem. Can you give us a 102 lesson to RCing streaks?

3. How do you stop goal-line runs..using goal-line defense?

4. When doing toss plays, and opponent puts de on contain. How can we pick up that de before he reaches my Hb? I usually try to motion my Wr (subed in for TE) towards the DE, but i m not sure when to hike the ball?

5. what play do u run, when you are down by 4 and you got 2 minutes on the clock? (no timeouts, opponent plays cover 4)

2. Its the easiest you just need to let it go 20+ down field. It works better with slot receivers or from bunch sets.
3. they said not to use it in previous episodes to stop the run.
4. Thats the right idea and it works but it works better when you turn the run inside then cut back out.

1. 5. I will let the experts answer.
Back to top Go down
lockdown100

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:47 pm

iswaggnificent wrote:
i am in a sim league that doesnt allow me to to manually move my players to A gaps or B gaps they want to try to avoid nano blitzing (which i think is dumb im just in the league for the przie at the end lol)

i was wondering if there is a way to nano blitz out of any formation without having to manually move players to these gaps other then the goalline blitz

You are better of with the NYJ book. many of the nanos can be accomplished by moving 1 person manually. Especially from the 3-4, and odd split. The 115 you can move all lb's without touching them.
Back to top Go down
Hibachi

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 pm

1. When using a draw play, do u have any tips to make it most effective? (i use snugs draw usually)

2. Does the strategy of pulling your Kick returner back when the ball is in the air and then unclicking off him...causing the computer to give him an accelerated boost when he catches the ball...Work?

3. What formation can u motion your tight end into the backfield to make it a full-house form?

tough question:

***How to stop players online that like to block field goals using punt block form...but they end up tackling the ball holder..? (extra point/field goal)****
Back to top Go down
SteelersPSUfan

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:18 am

Hibachi wrote:
1. When using a draw play, do u have any tips to make it most effective? (i use snugs draw usually)

2. Does the strategy of pulling your Kick returner back when the ball is in the air and then unclicking off him...causing the computer to give him an accelerated boost when he catches the ball...Work?

3. What formation can u motion your tight end into the backfield to make it a full-house form?

tough question:

***How to stop players online that like to block field goals using punt block form...but they end up tackling the ball holder..? (extra point/field goal)****
From what i know you need to reset the play and use slide protectiion
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:10 am

Hibachi wrote:

tough question:

one thing that worked for me was, i waited for the guys player to stop moving before i snapped the ball so he didn't have the momentem of his stick in the down direction
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:25 am

If you reset the play and slide protect, sometimes your OL will back up into you until the ball is kicked.. Try the slide protect on punts, you'll know what I mean. They'll keep backing up until they are engaged with a DL or until the ball is punted.

The best way is to reset the play so it looks like you audibled to fake kick pass. If they do nothing, pause later on then put fake kick pass in your audibles. After you score, just reset the play.. and if you score again/kick a field goal just audible to the play.. and if they still do not adjust anything.. go ahead with the fake FG pass play.
Back to top Go down
datkillad

datkillad

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:21 am

can you help me match up the steeler personel with the cowboys and the eagles pls also can you help me wit hstopping 4 and 5 wide sets pls thanks I use the jets D playbook!
Back to top Go down
SteelersPSUfan

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:05 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
If you reset the play and slide protect, sometimes your OL will back up into you until the ball is kicked.. Try the slide protect on punts, you'll know what I mean. They'll keep backing up until they are engaged with a DL or until the ball is punted.

The best way is to reset the play so it looks like you audibled to fake kick pass. If they do nothing, pause later on then put fake kick pass in your audibles. After you score, just reset the play.. and if you score again/kick a field goal just audible to the play.. and if they still do not adjust anything.. go ahead with the fake FG pass play.
That works if they do fg block, but if they do punt block the pass will usuall not work b/c the people comming off the edge usually get there.
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 pm

Congrats on a great TWIM 27 and thanks for answering my question.....

1- "Any hidden gems in the Houston playbook that you know of that you would like to share with us?"

2- "Other than the motioned wheel route what are some of your favorite motioned routes that can beat zone?"
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 am

Just snagged all the questions, if you have one leave it for 29 or tweet it live to us!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Sponsored content

TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM 28 Mailbag   TWIM 28 Mailbag Empty

Back to top Go down

TWIM 28 Mailbag
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next