Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11

Go down 
+14
secondhandsoxx
built2destroy58
ezekjuninor
xHEx DeathAngel
wandeezy623
iswaggnificent
hairy weasel
ahousl1
gatorguy146
Bibleman
UseRPicK101
mgcomedy
bakagaijin
sgibs
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 Empty
PostSubject: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:31 am

by Ian Cummings 08/21/10 10:41 AM
First off, you may or may not have noticed some news that was recently propped to your consoles regarding online quitters. The number one issue that we heard loud and clear out of the community was that rampant quitting had become a major problem in the online experience, both in ranked games and Madden Ultimate Team games. Well we were able to work on this over the last week and then deploy some quick fixes to the server to help deter this practice. The fixes were as follows:

1. Any quitter / disconnecter in a ranked game will automatically be given a loss. The victim will automatically be given a win.

2. We are currently monitoring the leaderboards and planning on zero’ing out the stats of any accounts found to be using quitting tactics (via high DNF / win percentages and game logs). This monitoring will be standard practice moving forward as well, as we have built in notifications to our server team that will automatically zero out any folks caught “boosting”, or using one account to quit immediately and award a win.

3. In a Madden Ultimate Team game, a person quitting will have a game burned off of his contracts for the players in the game to discourage this practice. The victim will always receive coins, prorated based on the percentage complete of the game (i.e. if it’s the 1st quarter, he’ll only get ¼ of the coins he would have gotten if he were to finish, if it’s at the end of the game, he’ll get ~90%, etc). The same note applies as above on anyone caught “boosting” after this fix is rolled out – they will be punished with bans, contract removals, or any other tactics we see fit.

4. We also found an issue where PDLC OTP boosts were being subtracted incorrectly. Anyone that had this happen has had their boost coin purchase refunded.

One thing I should note is that there is a bit of a trade-off with stats with the auto-loss / auto-win implementation. Since we wanted to roll this out as quickly as possible, there is one thing to be aware of in that average stats will take a hit when a quit occurs. What I mean by this is that if you have played 3 games and are averaging 100 rush yards per game, if a quit occurs, your rush average will drop down to 75 since you have a 4th game with zero stats. We will look into addressing this down the line but we wanted to get the fix out for the quitters as soon as possible.

Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games

- Generally making pass defense more effective

- Reducing number of broken tackles

- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)

- Tuning injuries

- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic

- Improving play action blocking

- Improving kick return blocking

- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.

- Random stability improvements

Hopefully this should give you a glimpse of our current priorities and our continued commitment to keeping Madden NFL 11 relevant and giving you an enjoyable experience over the entire year. We continue to listen for any and all top issues, and the list above is by no means all inclusive or locked so feel free to drop by the EA Forums to provide any feedback on things you want fixed.

Lastly, thanks to all of you for buying and playing Madden NFL 11…see you on the gridiron!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:20 am

Sweet - seems like they are addressing most of the issues I have been having.

Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:21 am

if they fix pass coverage and the spy blitz- this game will be a GREAT game.

and just a pipe dream here...FIX THE AUTO DROP BACK! BAHHHH
Back to top Go down
mgcomedy

mgcomedy

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:47 am

Kudos to Ian for "manning" up and recognizing the community was upset with the game and addressing these issues.

I'm with you Gibbs pass coverage is by far my biggest complaint!

Looking forward to a great season!

mg
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgcomedy.com
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:18 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
if they fix pass coverage and the spy blitz- this game will be a GREAT game.

and just a pipe dream here...FIX THE AUTO DROP BACK! BAHHHH

^^^^..yea what he said cheers ..o yeah, Gibs..when can we play? you seem to be busy whenever you're online
Back to top Go down
Bibleman

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:08 pm

sounds great
Back to top Go down
gatorguy146

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:21 pm

if they fix pass defense the game will be twice as good as it is now
Back to top Go down
ahousl1

ahousl1

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:31 pm

I would rather them fix the pass defense than worry about the spy blitz, I feel now that people know about it most people know how to beat it.
Back to top Go down
hairy weasel

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:42 pm

going to be a really good update im happy
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:40 am

everyone
should message them and tel them to fix the auto drop back i cant stand it i cantfind one play where is doesnt have it ahhhh FML
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:03 pm

with the autodrop being so bad in Shotgun plays this year I have found that undercenter passing is working better. If you are there Irish I want you to know that I am running a full undercenter offense right now and the only time i go into shotgun is at end of half or game. I can quick pass faster out of UC and the running threat is there to keep the defense off balance as well. I really think UC is making a comeback.
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:09 pm

is the patch already in?

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
ezekjuninor

ezekjuninor

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:44 pm

no I heard it is coming out on the week of the nfl season
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:54 pm

ok, i just saw one of the tips when i was playing and the headline was "We made changes with a server update or something like that. So was just wondering.

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
built2destroy58

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Patched Pass D and broken tackles plus the optional strategy pad and auto losses for quitters...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ezekjuninor

ezekjuninor

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:02 pm

lol, haha
Back to top Go down
built2destroy58

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Seperating the men from the boys now
Back to top Go down
built2destroy58

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:08 pm

wandeezy623 wrote:
with the autodrop being so bad in Shotgun plays this year I have found that undercenter passing is working better. If you are there Irish I want you to know that I am running a full undercenter offense right now and the only time i go into shotgun is at end of half or game. I can quick pass faster out of UC and the running threat is there to keep the defense off balance as well. I really think UC is making a comeback.

now that nano blitzing is dead and gone
Back to top Go down
secondhandsoxx

secondhandsoxx

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:47 pm

thank god @ playaction blocking fix.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:37 am

i think the should bring back run and pass commit
Back to top Go down
ezekjuninor

ezekjuninor

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:08 am

I always found that useless, I would press run commit, but then it would be a play action and i'm screwed
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:20 am

haha, ezek thats a you problem! I love to pass commit and avoid the PA for sacks. Run commit never really got it going for me.
Back to top Go down
ezekjuninor

ezekjuninor

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:07 am

Dammit, I never tried pass commit, what difference would it make??
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:31 am

on PA, your LB skips the RB and goes straight to QB. 08, 3 lineman contain nano with pass commit (found later) worked extra well.
Back to top Go down
ezekjuninor

ezekjuninor

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 pm

ok then, thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11   Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ian Cummings confirms patch for Madden 11
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next