Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Evaluating Players

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RunRunPass

RunRunPass

Evaluating Players Empty
PostSubject: Evaluating Players   Evaluating Players EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:12 am

Does anyone have a link for key attributes to look for, position by position, when evaluating players? Or can anyone assist with key attributes for each position? Is there a definitive guide? Help appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://eafl.bestforumonline.com
Chimpy_Nuts

Chimpy_Nuts

Evaluating Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evaluating Players   Evaluating Players EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:40 am

Hey fella.

Awareness is probably the biggest stat, It dictates how a players overall rating is. That said it isn't always the most important. In Madden 11, the first stat I look at for almost every position is Speed, Acceleration and Agility. Its HUGE in M11.

Another thing. The ratings 'Throw Accuracy', 'Pass Block' and 'Run Block' mean nothing. They are only in the game for simulated games.

QB: Short Accuracy, Medium, Deep and Throw Power are the most important for QBs. Awareness only plays a minor part, it helps reduce over throws. They are the first stats I would look at. After them it would be 'Throw On The Run' and 'Play Action'.

RB: Speed, Trucking, Elusiveness and Carry are my main focus. Spin, Juke and Stiff Arm are an added bonus. Awareness and Ball Carrier Vision mean nothing for User Controlled players. You remember, Bjoern Mason, right? lol

WR: Catch, CIT, Route Running and Release

TE: See Above and Below

FB: Impact Blocking, Run Block Strength and Awareness

OL: Awareness, Strength, Run Block Strength, Run Block Footwork, Pass Block Strength, Pass Block Footwork and Impact Blocking.

DL: Strength, Block Shedding and Tackle for stopping the run. Power Moves and Finesse Moves for rushing the QB.

OLB. Same as above. Also, Play Recognition and Awareness.

For these next positions, Awareness and Play Recognition are massive. Unless you user that position any way. Whichever position you control, PRC and AWR is on you.

MLB: Tackle and Block Shedding.

CB: Man Coverage. Zone Coverage and Press

FS: Zone Coverage and Tackle

SS: See Above

Hit Power and Catch are also useful as well for the D players. Not the first stat I look for but very handy for causing turnovers.

They are the stats that I look for when scouting players and its based around a 3-4 D.

Hope that helps mate. Wink

Back to top Go down
RunRunPass

RunRunPass

Evaluating Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evaluating Players   Evaluating Players EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:15 am

It does indeed and I am most grateful. I'm sure I do know you from somewhere but can't quite place it.
Back to top Go down
http://eafl.bestforumonline.com
Titan

Evaluating Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evaluating Players   Evaluating Players EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Also pay attention a players height. At certain positions, his height could make a huge difference on how you will be able to use him. Nothin worse than having like a 5'9 CB who cant go up and get the ball against anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Evaluating Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evaluating Players   Evaluating Players Empty

Back to top Go down

Evaluating Players
Page 1 of 1