Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Madden Defensive Help

Go down 
+4
rokket
wandeezy623
Black4Revenge
Flacco2Bolodin581
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Flacco2Bolodin581

Madden Defensive Help Empty
PostSubject: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:48 am

Ive been playing the game for awhile now but having a hard time understanding the coverage types and everything like reading defenses to understand how to play defense like which defense means and for what situations they should be used in all opinions and answers il be thankful for thanks
Back to top Go down
Black4Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:02 am

46 def is the thing now. Definitely should play mostly man coverage. Im assuming u play with the Ravens so use their d of 46. If u run zone u better have a d@mn good blitz behind it. U should try to match ur opponent with speed. Get ur fastest like up n the game, which shouldnt be a problem with the Ravens.
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:44 am

zone defense across the middle is improved so it is more usable now
Back to top Go down
rokket

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:24 pm

wandeezy623 wrote:
zone defense across the middle is improved so it is more usable now

i have not seen this...if i dont user middle then its just cherry picking for the off
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:53 pm

they break on the ball more but if the route gets too far past the hook zone they still ignore it, I am not saying it is great but before the patch I REFUSED to play zone because every time I did it always ended in disaster or me giving up a big play it was crazy but now I feel like zone is just good enough where I feel comfortable using it as a change of pace so to throw of my opponents reads. Before I played Man defense the whole game so I had to throw a lot of f@g d zones n with it to throw them off and then blitz every now and then but now I can audible to a zone blitz after running man all game and trick them into a bad read or running a man beater play because zone hold up just a little bit better, thats my opinion
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:15 pm

A good base D to just make adjustments to is Cover 3. You can come out in 46 Normal Cover 3, then adjust accordingly.. Make sure you use the speed package and have two beast DTs.. like Ngata/Cody then get fast DEs.. some backup OLBs will do the trick.. Lets say your opponent starts throw corner routes.. put your flat defenders into buzz zones. If your opponent likes to run the ball, you are in a 46 formation.. if you think they are running left, crash your line left, contain the weakside DE.. aka right of screen DE.

46 is great vs run.. especially if you crash left/right/up/down.

User the SS.. Put Ed Reed at SS so you have a BEAST to user with.. you can go around and hit stick to cause fumbles.. [I actually think Reed's HP is only 80.. wtf?] So yeah.. you want a fast+high hit power guy like Reed. User him.. cover your yellow zone, if no one goes in that zone, roam deep or to flat.. or wherever.. Cover the TE if possible..

All I do on defense is adjust to what the offense is doing.. if the offense likes a certain play, I'll take note of the formation, call 2 Man Under from 46 Normal - Speed package, I'll take a deep safety & if they like to throw to a shake route by the TE.. I'll go to the opposite side of where the TE is... once he does his shake, I'll come from the QBs blind spot & jump the route & pick it..

If you know where your opponent is going to throw the ball, do NOT follow his WR.. Say he runs a drag.. He drags his WR thats on the right of the screen.. Don't stand over that WR and tell your opponent you know whats coming.. Stand on the opposite side.. Most people don't make reads.. they will key in on one WR.. well if they love that drag route, they will see.. hey, it's open.. thats when you come from the left of the screen and basically intersect where the WR should catch the ball.. This will get you so many picks.. I always do this and average probably 1.5 user picks a game..
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:25 pm

i play defense like this tooo but I use 2 man under as my base D, zone defense is not effective enough for base D this year, IMO
Back to top Go down
rokket

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:24 pm

i use man as my base as well...i prefer 46man in >2wr sets and dollar/335 in >2wr sets....i dont like zone unless im coming with heat
Back to top Go down
more cowbell

more cowbell

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:44 pm

nice post, wang. i will need to dabble with this 46 a bit tonight.
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:40 pm

hey more cowbell i see u got in the c4 league, welcome!! glad to have another maddenbible player
Back to top Go down
Flacco2Bolodin581

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:41 pm

so lemme make sure i have this right i like the eagles and ravens btw so i hope this works for both teams

DO NOT RUN ZONE unless your blitzing heavy

a 4-6 base defense is good for run packages so more like some first down situations and some 2nd or 3rd short situations

running a man 3-3-5 with a cover 3 base starting out is good for passing situations

another questions is how should i use the strike spy 2 , cover 1 or cover 2
Back to top Go down
Servo

Servo

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:22 am

on 2nd or 3rd and long i'll come out in nickle strong shift my line to the left and blitz the nickleback.usually gets him a free run at the quarterback
Back to top Go down
Servo

Servo

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:25 am

btw would this 46 style of defense work with a team like the falcons?
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 pm

I like the 46 with the steelers but all i play is zone. Would the steelers corners be good enough to run man coverage in the 4-6?

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden Defensive Help   Madden Defensive Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden Defensive Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: