Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Offense stalling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
suicide-manual

suicide-manual

Offense stalling Empty
PostSubject: Offense stalling   Offense stalling EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:34 pm

as of Lately I've been using Gibs 46 scheme and coming way with an average of 3-6 turnovers per game, but for some reason my offense seems to keep stalling. I'm using another scheme Gibs showed which I m further developing and throwing some of the TE motion scheme in, just earlier I played a game where I picked off flacco "6" times and then I stalled alot of those turnovers the game was close went to OT 20-17 luckily I got the W. But I need major help kick starting my offense!
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

Offense stalling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offense stalling   Offense stalling EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Woody Hayes "There are three things that can happen when you pass, and two of them ain't good"

Run the ball. Pass when you need to.. Run on 1st n 2nd.. Have a toss & counter as an audible. Come out in Power O unless your quick run audible is a Power O.. if it is, come out in a FB Dive..

It really just depends on what playbook you are using..

Are you using Arizona? If so, use Strong Twin TE... I believe it has a toss, dive, fb dive, counter, power o..

You want to mix it up.. Use motion..

Pass it on 3rd down.. Just remember.. You CAN run on 2nd and 10.. 5 yd gains are very possible with run plays. Don't be afraid.. Run draw plays from undercenter too.. Snugs Flip/Bunch Wk.
Back to top Go down
jletourneau

Offense stalling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offense stalling   Offense stalling EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:33 am

Great advice, WangTang. Shotgun Tight and Bunch formations are very easy to learn as well - a few plays can handle just about anything (i.e. Singleback Bunch Base: Zone Drive).

If the Arizona book isn't for you, Suicide, try the Denver book and study the Bronco Heavy formation inside and out. I won a tourney with it - it's extremely tough to stop if you execute well. Trust me that you'll get better with reps . . . a lot of it will become instinctive. It's important you have 2 decent receiving TEs' however, because you'll only have one WR on the field. I believe the reason for this is because most players users a Safety - if they try to do this against the Bronco Heavy, they will have to make a choice as to who to cover every play. That formation is hell on Safeties.

Another benefit to the Bronco Heavy is that you can audible down to the I-Form TE Flip (?) Bronco Zone play and then out to 5-Wide - most can't adjust to formations that you can power run and then spread the field.

Maybe it's just me, but most Guys audible no more than 1 time on Defense, so if you pop down to a Power Run and then out to 5-Wide, you'll likely catch them in a mistake. At this point, you're dictating the flow of the game.

Also, most Guys begin to rely on heat and gimmick defenses (Double Wide, etc.) - they're not patient enough for a Bend-but-don't-break philosophy (i.e. 4-6 Normal Stretch Zone or Safe, etc.) In the play selection screen, they're thinking more about their heat setup and less about your tendencies - heat becomes their limitation. Since this is the case, understand that this style of player is more worried about his own setup than what you're doing - again, if you get comfortable with audibling down to Power runs and back out to Spread formations, you're in the Driver's seat.

Also, remember that SGibbs 4-6 setups can be set up to look like heat, but they don't have to be . . . and they also offer gap control (player over each gap in the O-line). Get used to setting up fake heat so when you do bring heat, they don't see it coming. I know many Guys use the opposite approach, but because of this, other Players have gotten very comfortable with countering heat. In other words, it's heat itself that is the comfort zone for them - if you play more loosely and try to make user plays, you can extend their drives and have more opportunities for turnovers (i.e. bad reads or hit-sticks/strips, etc.)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

Offense stalling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offense stalling   Offense stalling EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 3:22 pm

ok im the most impatient madden player ever if i dont score in under 10 plays im baffled . this is my only weakness of my o . take what the d gives you and run unique things its alot easier to stop things you see everyday then something you have never seen before.
Back to top Go down
mp

mp

Offense stalling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offense stalling   Offense stalling EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 3:52 pm

suicide-manual wrote:
as of Lately I've been using Gibs 46 scheme and coming way with an average of 3-6 turnovers per game, but for some reason my offense seems to keep stalling. I'm using another scheme Gibs showed which I m further developing and throwing some of the TE motion scheme in, just earlier I played a game where I picked off flacco "6" times and then I stalled alot of those turnovers the game was close went to OT 20-17 luckily I got the W. But I need major help kick starting my offense!

i'm right there with you. I use Zona on offense and get stalled out from time to time. Running the ball is an exercise in futility for me as it constantly gets blown up or strung out. Formation doesn't matter, big sets, spread sets, 5 or less in the box, the run gets stuffed.

My drives start off well and for the 1st half it's rolling but 2nd half and 4th quarter my O has struggled as of late.
Back to top Go down
jletourneau

Offense stalling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offense stalling   Offense stalling EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:54 pm

MP, sounds like this is happening because the D is adjusting to your tendencies (i.e. you start out well and then start to stall out.) You're likely stalling out because the D is figuring you out - you're not randomly slowing down; it's the D that is actively slowing you down.

A simple piece of advice is to utilize one or two schemes in the first half, and then 2 others in the second half. Sounds to me like your playbook isn't developed enough.

And never forget that power formations like Strong Twin TE can't every really be "stopped". If you make the right call (i.e. audible to a counter or toss or power-o, etc.), you're going to rip off clips of yards. 4-yd gains might not be sexy, but you can start gashing the D in the second half if you stick to pounding the rock.
Back to top Go down
mp

mp

Offense stalling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offense stalling   Offense stalling EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:12 pm

jletourneau wrote:
MP, sounds like this is happening because the D is adjusting to your tendencies (i.e. you start out well and then start to stall out.) You're likely stalling out because the D is figuring you out - you're not randomly slowing down; it's the D that is actively slowing you down.

A simple piece of advice is to utilize one or two schemes in the first half, and then 2 others in the second half. Sounds to me like your playbook isn't developed enough.

And never forget that power formations like Strong Twin TE can't every really be "stopped". If you make the right call (i.e. audible to a counter or toss or power-o, etc.), you're going to rip off clips of yards. 4-yd gains might not be sexy, but you can start gashing the D in the second half if you stick to pounding the rock.

actually I stay in one formation for the entire 1st half just about. A lot of it has to do with my crappy WR's in one of my leagues. Yesterday I played a guy that had 4 90+ spd db's and ran alot of double spy.

And again, running the ball is an exercise in futility. i actually had the counter as an audible earlier, but when the toss gets stuffed it's pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Offense stalling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offense stalling   Offense stalling Empty

Back to top Go down

Offense stalling
Page 1 of 1