Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Cowboys fire Wade Phillips

Go down 
+8
Geordaigs
Alyoyo
Servo
black udder
xHHx_megatron
wangtangkiki
bahdbwoy
ezekjuninor
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ezekjuninor

ezekjuninor

Cowboys fire Wade Phillips Empty
PostSubject: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bf68e8/article/phillips-out-garrett-in-as-cowboys-look-for-culture-change?module=HP_headlines

I'm just wondering, does this mean that the cowboys play-book in madden will change??
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:52 am

Yesterday but it shouldn't.. Garrett was off coord
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:17 pm

The playbook will be different based on what coach is brought in for M11. RIP Cowboys O-PB.

It happened to a lot teams.. Redskins now have virtually the Houston playbook.. they used to have a west coast based offense.. KC lost the PISTOL because Chan Gailey went to Buffalo.
Back to top Go down
ezekjuninor

ezekjuninor

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:19 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
The playbook will be different based on what coach is brought in for M11. RIP Cowboys O-PB.

It happened to a lot teams.. Redskins now have virtually the Houston playbook.. they used to have a west coast based offense.. KC lost the PISTOL because Chan Gailey went to Buffalo.

yea that's what i think will happen
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:05 pm

For m12 yes but 11 won't change
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:10 pm

hopefully our first round top 5 pick will be a monster....lol
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 pm

watch it be another f'kin WR and they'll let Roy W. go.

History says they won't take a lineman (which they need), here's hoping it's a CB, safety or MLB.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:06 pm

roy has been pretty solid this year..I think he stays....but I agree with you, they definetly need depth at oline, LB, and safety...I think they are set at corners as long as newman stays, I know he isnt gettin any younger lol...but jerry jones only drafted dez cause dez is a talent like no other...remember he had a chance to draft randy moss but chose greg ellis instead (de) which turned out to be good too..
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Lots of talk this year (on Cowboys radio) about Jerry's mindset/habits. I like our DBs, but Scandrick has not played well and the drop off from Newman/Jenkins is huge. Thus, I can see us taking a good CB - or at least a guy you figure to start in a year or two.

I agree Roy's doing well. Have no issues seeing him stay, but scuttlebutt is that for a first round pick, Jerry wants the guy to play AND for him to be a player you can hype. Not many lineman jerseys! Thus, you'd be talking about some sort of impact player which would mean WR, TE, QB (where we are set) or DB of some sort or MLB.

Should be interesting. Smile

Hope they keep Garrett on, or at least get a young coach. Can't help but wonder if some of the older coaches are just not creating new plays/schemes like the younger guys around the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Servo

Servo

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:06 pm

not a cowboy fan but im hoping they make a big turn around next year....cant believe it took so long for them to get rid of bum wade phillips
Back to top Go down
Alyoyo

Alyoyo

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Thank God. They were 7 weeks too late. Hell Garrett cant call an offense well so what makes Jones think he can do a good job at HC? Its quite funny the year they went 13-3, Cowboys fans were high on Garrett and now they're stuck with him.
Back to top Go down
Servo

Servo

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:02 am

John Gruden for HC lol
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:13 am

Alyoyo wrote:
Thank God. They were 7 weeks too late. Hell Garrett cant call an offense well so what makes Jones think he can do a good job at HC? Its quite funny the year they went 13-3, Cowboys fans were high on Garrett and now they're stuck with him.

The best talent on the Cowboys is at QB & WR. The Oline can pass block better than they can run block. Under Garrett, the Cowboys have broken almost all their season passing records. The offense has done well when it executed well and poorly when they didn't.

The test of whether Garrett is a good offensive mind will be when the personnel change and does he adjust with it.

Right now, there are several reasons why he was the best choice and next year's decisions will be made next year.
Back to top Go down
Alyoyo

Alyoyo

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:49 am

black udder wrote:
Alyoyo wrote:

The best talent on the Cowboys is at QB & WR. The Oline can pass block better than they can run block.

How do you explain 6 sacks in the first half in that Titans game lol

They're loaded with talent but if they actually had a QB, they would be a legit SB team. Lol Romo
Back to top Go down
Servo

Servo

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:19 am

Alyoyo wrote:
black udder wrote:
Alyoyo wrote:

The best talent on the Cowboys is at QB & WR. The Oline can pass block better than they can run block.

How do you explain 6 sacks in the first half in that Titans game lol

its because we have a good defense...well usually and i agree with ya...tony romo isn't winning anyone a superbowl the best thing the cowboys can do it get rid of **** and either trade for or draft a solid quarterback,romos to inconsistent
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:15 am

They definitely need either Jenkins and Scandrick to get better.. or draft a CB..

It really was that simple to read man or zone from their defense.. Now that bum is gone, they may have a better defensive scheme.. how about some zone blitzing ._.
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 am

If anybody could explain the drop off in results from last year to this year, they wouldn't be 1-7! Smile

Yeah, it's a mystery how they bring back 9 of 11 players on D and stink it up.

The oline has been without 1-2 guys the whole season. A couple have been banged up with some lingering issues. It's insane how bad they've been this year (the oline).

Romo is light years beyond anything else they've had since Aikman. It's hard to say he's a bad QB when he holds about all the passing records for the Cowboys. For the last few years, he's been ranked in the top 5-10 QBs in the league.

The team just isn't very good now... just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 am

I think Jenkins shouldve been shown the door along with Wade for that play alone midway through the 3rd when he let Jones just walk into the end zone....the mans a disgrace shouldnt be allowed to wear the silver and blue colours again.

Bench Jenkins and Ball, give McGee a shot and get to the end of season with a tiny pinch of pride, ready for next season... were we hire Jon Gruden .....or Bill Cowher.
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:06 am

I agree about the poor play with jenkins, but benching him hurts the team even more and you can't cut him. He's a 1st round draft pick and you can't replace that talent. They need to motivate him - he's played well before and there was some chatter when he was drafted about an incident when he played safety.

And what is all this talk of Cowher or Gruden? Gruden took Dungey's Bucs to the super bowl and did squat after that. He did nothing that impressive in Oakland. Cowher hasn't coached in years and it's not like he's a guarantee to do anything.

If you look at the teams that do well, year in and year out, it's their team philosophy (from management) that allows them to be consistent. They cut players before they decline and pick up draft picks while the players have value.

What it would mean is cutting players like Witten now to get draft picks for the future.

The problem is that our management (for better or worse) tends to hang onto players too long and reward them for what they've done rather than what they're doing now (or perhaps can do in the future). Makes for a great employer, but perhaps not a great football team. I don't believe that will change under Jerry Jones.

Cowboys have had some bad luck in the draft recently as well as on the field this year. Just the way it goes sometimes now that free agency and the cap have arrived.
Back to top Go down
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:00 am

black udder wrote:
I agree about the poor play with jenkins, but benching him hurts the team even more and you can't cut him. He's a 1st round draft pick and you can't replace that talent. They need to motivate him - he's played well before and there was some chatter when he was drafted about an incident when he played safety.

And what is all this talk of Cowher or Gruden? Gruden took Dungey's Bucs to the super bowl and did squat after that. He did nothing that impressive in Oakland. Cowher hasn't coached in years and it's not like he's a guarantee to do anything.

If you look at the teams that do well, year in and year out, it's their team philosophy (from management) that allows them to be consistent. They cut players before they decline and pick up draft picks while the players have value.

What it would mean is cutting players like Witten now to get draft picks for the future.

The problem is that our management (for better or worse) tends to hang onto players too long and reward them for what they've done rather than what they're doing now (or perhaps can do in the future). Makes for a great employer, but perhaps not a great football team. I don't believe that will change under Jerry Jones.

Cowboys have had some bad luck in the draft recently as well as on the field this year. Just the way it goes sometimes now that free agency and the cap have arrived.

Lets face it they could play a waterboy/cheerleader and not hurt the team anymore than playing Jenkins right now.

I disagree with your thoughts on Cowher/Gruden .....we need a strong HC not another yes man for JJ....a motivator, someone that can manage the egos as well as knock heads if the team are not performing....i think both coaches tick the boxes.....that being said, i can see where you are coming from in your post.
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:39 am

I like Garrett for the following reasons (over an outside coach):

1) He's known Jerry for years. Knows what to expect and what he can/can't do.

2) Jerry likes and respects him. Jerry's belief in him and hope for a long term coach might allow him more latitude. Both Jason & Jerry's son Stephen have been around the Cowboys for a long time. I think it's a solid relationship for the future.

3) Garrett has already shown he's about control, structure and performance. I believe as the days/weeks go by, players will be quite clear about what it takes for them to play for the Cowboys. Cowher and Gruden yelled and screamed on the sidelines, but we've seen what a pussycat Cowher can be. From what I've seen, Garrett is very professional - it's not about being their friend, it's about performance. if they can't perform, they're gone. I think that's motivational - very Bill-like.

4) He's young. He should have some new ideas or new wrinkles for the team that are more modern and in line with some of the other teams. One of the complaints about Wade's & Bill's Cowboys teams were that they were predictable. Perhaps youth at the head coach will mean something fresh in terms of playcalling/team strategy.

Now. Will Garrett be a great coach? Yet to be seen. He's been a players, he's been a coach, he's been around the team and has the trust of ownership. Best case scenario is something like the Steelers, Eagles, etc. who have had some long term coaches through thick and thin (heck, like Landry!).

Jerry's outlook has changed over the years and it's possible that after losing Payton & Sparano that he's going to give Jason a good shot.

I think the yes-man days are over, too. We all know that Jerry is heavily involved in the team, but it was alluded to recently that perhaps part of the problem is that he's involved with other business and has not dedicated the necessary time to the Cowboys that he should (as GM). Jerry has always looked for a bargain and that's hurt the team in various ways over the years, but I don't think you'll find an owner that wants to win more.

I do wish that Jerry would hire a better GM though. You look at Cleveland's turnaround after picking up the Pats GM and it's pretty amazing.
Back to top Go down
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:10 pm

The remark by JJ about not quantifying Garrett's control in his interview would make me question that...... but i hope your right.

I am all for promoting from within if it works.

Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 pm

heh - yeah, for Cowboy's fans it's a lot of hoping isn't it? Smile
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:48 pm

john gruden fits the cowboys so well and he is a proven winner.
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:05 pm

I don't have issues with Gruden, but I don't think he's leaving the booth.

I would prefer him to Cowher just because he's younger. I also don't believe Cowher's going anywhere. Has he said so? I've only heard that he's in demand, not that he's looking for a coaching job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys fire Wade Phillips   Cowboys fire Wade Phillips Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowboys fire Wade Phillips
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next