Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Panthers are deadly..............

Go down 
+9
AceBoogie8
iswaggnificent
Militant X 1
maguffin82
wangtangkiki
ronslows10
xHHx_megatron
jalapenos789
YngClassic
13 posters
AuthorMessage
YngClassic

YngClassic

Panthers are deadly.............. Empty
PostSubject: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:02 pm

i dont know about yall but on madden, the panthers are a deadly force to be reckoned with despite overall being 69, fast LB core, speedy secondary, and bown and norwood as DE's are unbelievable. i use the 46 with them, they are deadly with or without the speed package, with the 46 zone stretch run defense, its nearly impossible to run on them with beason back as a MLB and davis and anderson licking their chops. what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
jalapenos789

jalapenos789

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:05 pm

do u mind sharing your deptch chart? i might try them out... kida tired of the raiders, ROFL.
Back to top Go down
YngClassic

YngClassic

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:28 pm

ok, here is my setup. (except the DT's because im doing this off memory, cause right now im about to watch the pats and steelers game, lol)

LE-Brown
RE-Norwood
DT-johnson? brayton? (get back with me on that)
LOLB-davis
MLB-beason
ROLB-anderson
CB-leave as is, but i put mclain in as my 4th CB, becuase of speed package.
FS-martin
SS-godfrey

*now you can switch martin and godfrey anyway u want, i put godfrey as SS because i use the SS bliyz out of 46 PB. but i find myself switching them back and forth.

i would explain more but my wife is on me about watching this game, her fav team is the pats,lol, gotta love a woman who loves football!!!!
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Now they added jason williams so...just think in williams over one of those LB's and then using that LB as a DE...beason is a great at blockshedding...all of those LB's would work great as a DE so its all a preference

good setup..that is how I ran wit panthers with setting up depthchart..

i put godfrey at FS tho cause it helps with getting burnt
Back to top Go down
ronslows10

ronslows10

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:36 pm

I have been putting anderson and norwood at DE, Johnson and Brown at DT. Yeah not very strong in the middle but faster then hell. Beason in the middle with Davis and Williams. I like williams out there for his speed and cover skills better than anderson. Davis use to be a safety man if we could only have him back there to blow people up WOW! Munnerlyn is a very good cover guy. He is always coming up with big turnovers for me. I like to us him in coverage and mclain for my corner blitzes.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:37 pm

The Panthers definitely are deadly... the only problem you will find is that your QB is INACCURATE.
Very balanced team.. several 90+ spd WRs.. Steve Smith 96-97 spd WR.. Gettis = 93 spd 6'3" WR 80 CIT.. 2 great RBs.. plus Mike Goodson as a 3rd backup or a FB [He's 94 or 95 spd I believe.. maybe just 90..]

The defense is great too.. there's just so much to like about the Panthers.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:51 pm

only thing I didnt like bout them was their dline isnt so good (without any LB's) they dont have any high finesse or power guys..nor have any great blockshedders on the dl.. it was hard trying to stop a inside running attack like ravens or vikings.
Back to top Go down
maguffin82

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Bump. How do you guys set up the Panthers depth chart? I still like to use 46/46 speed, but I am considering moving to multiple defense where I have the option to use 34 and 2-4-5.

Also, with a team like the Panthers who have a lot of linebackers, when do you think it's a good time to move around lb's from their original positions? They have two excellent LOLBs and Anderson at ROLB, then Connor at MLB. How do you divi up the talent?
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:29 am

i played a cat last night who used the Panthers against my Ravens. first time i have seen someone online run them. the outcome? he dismantled me! Sad

the panthers are tuff!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
ronslows10

ronslows10

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:38 pm

I like to use the panthers in 46 speed.
anderson RE
brown LE
brayton DT
johnson DT
gamble cb 1
marshall cb 2
munerlynn cb 3
Sub T Davis on global subs at cb4 spot
beason mlb
flip flop the fs and ss

this gives you that extra pop in the middle with davis and he's an 88 speed so you dont lose much there
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:22 am

Panthers are not deadly their qb isn't good enough to get it done
Back to top Go down
ronslows10

ronslows10

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:09 pm

clausen can get it done but you gotta keep things short and sweet and rack up the YAC
Back to top Go down
AceBoogie8

AceBoogie8

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:15 pm

U Have to Put jimmy Clausen in and throw short/QUICK ROUTE and run the rock
Back to top Go down
jletourneau

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:44 am

I've written about this a few times before, but yeah, the Panthers are tough. The challenge is that Clausen will hurt you - plays that would have been TDs are often thrown out of bounds or Smith/Gettis have to make shoestring grabs. That being said, if you play good D, you can really put a beating on people because you're forced (literally) to embrace the run game. You just have to keep pounding the rock - if the D can't stop it, it's check-mate.

Here's my setup:

Key: Come out in 4-6 Speed Package every play

LE: T Davis
RE: J Anderson
DT: Charles Johnson at #1 DT, then the following- Against the run, leave Brayton in (and/or Ed Johnson in very short ydg situations). When you establish a lead, you MUST put E Norwood in because he's an absolute beast on Spy & Contain hot routes.

LOLB: J Senn (Key: If the opponent is running the rock, put E Brown in at LE and get T Davis back in at LOLB. It's as easy as that; there's the bottom line.)
MLB: Beason (the 2nd best MLB in the game behind Patrick Willis, period.)
ROLB: Jason Williams (in all honesty, it doesn't even matter because you're in Speed most of the time. In other words, this is mainly a Special Teams play).

CB1: Gamble
CB2: R Marshall
[Note: Assign these guys depending on your opponent. For example, against the Eagles, I'd put Gamble on Maclin to literally shut him down . . . and Marshall on D-Jackson. D-Jax is going to win out against either Gamble or Marshall most of the time, so you might as well lock up the other guy. Anyway, that's the logic that works for me.]
CB3: Munnerlyn (liability is 89 speed, so make sure you 'assign' in him to other teams slower receiver. This way, you're not losing the advantage of Gamble and Marshall).
CB4: Mclain (note that he's fast, but can get beat because he's a moron on the field).

FS: S Martin (you must user this guy and make up for his 88 speed. However, he's 6'1, a sure tackler, and has nice jumping ability. Translation: User him and you WILL make plays).
SS: Godfrey (to run this D, you're going to have to bring Godfrey quite a bit. Use the SS overload blitz quite a bit . . . and when you're not, the Inside Blitz Contain D works with him. The liability there is Munnerlyn and Mclain getting beat 1-on-1 in what could be an easy TD. It's aggravating, but it is what it is.)

Here's the caveat to the Panthers: The Raiders are too much for them. Trust me - I've used them too many times and gotten smoked by garbage players throwing bombs. Further, Oakland's secondary will murder Clausen - he's just not that talented, so be careful falling in love with Carolina. If your opponent picks Oakland, look elsewhere unless they're a .500 baller. On another note, beware of Chicago with Carolina as well. They don't have enough talent in the secondary to stop Chicago's air assault . . . and let's be honest: Forte gets it done, but more as an afterthought than a primary running option. Further, the Bears (in my opinion) are the best D in the game with a few adjustments. For example, look at Hester at CB; he's a 62 overall, but just flat out gets it done. (Hat Tip: HardwayCustoms). Further, the Bears lock up the run, so if you play against Chicago, be prepared for a dogfight in which you're going to get beat by some bombs. In other words, you're going to have to work WAY harder than your Bears opponent - I've played them enough to tell you how it is.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
WildcatZ

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:37 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
The Panthers definitely are deadly... the only problem you will find is that your QB is INACCURATE.
Very balanced team.. several 90+ spd WRs.. Steve Smith 96-97 spd WR.. Gettis = 93 spd 6'3" WR 80 CIT.. 2 great RBs.. plus Mike Goodson as a 3rd backup or a FB [He's 94 or 95 spd I believe.. maybe just 90..]

The defense is great too.. there's just so much to like about the Panthers.

Goodson is arguably the best back the Panthers have in Madden 12. He is definitely the best 3rd back with his great hands and route running. he is also a 93 SPD and leads the team in ACC and JMV. He is hard to touch!
Back to top Go down
Jander

Jander

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 pm

What setup offense and defense are you guys running with them on 12. I have picked up a couple of online wins with them but just trying to tweak
Back to top Go down
kaycee305

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:46 pm

hey wat up MB im new to the site but anyway i run wit the dolphins and panther and would love to see ya full depth chart off and def... i run wit carolina PB on off and multiple d but i stay in 46 formation major of my game i play.... i appreciate the help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panthers are deadly..............   Panthers are deadly.............. Empty

Back to top Go down

Panthers are deadly..............
Page 1 of 1