Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)

Go down 
+8
xHHx_JayNizz
ZFarls
more cowbell
ZAN
bigjbeastin252
jordantrav
Jeter
sgibs
12 posters
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) Empty
PostSubject: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:06 am

"This is quite comical to me. Is it me or has the madden scene been going downhill ever sense these sites formed. (e-books) E-books in my view have slowly destroyed the madden scene because the truth is any bum with half a brain can buy one and be pretty descend, which in turn becomes a mass effect of everyone running the same things thinking there good but are they? NO. So yes HH was not planning on releasing this info, but on the other hand we have been running it since week 2 of madden dropping and plenty of people have played us and there run has been locked up. So for people to act like it did not originate in HH is completly ludacris, and all the people who we have played know the truth. Does HH need credit? No not at all but dont run around acting like you came up with a great creatation when you really just jocked it. Maybe someday we can get back to coming up with things, keeping them within our circles and not releasing e-books. Diversity is the only way Madden will prosper, no one wants to see the same thing everytime they jump on, and i understand people are just trying to help the community but in the grand scheme of things its killing it. Let the rookies be rookies like we all were at one time when i was comin up i never had no website/ebook to run to to improve i did it myself, let people learn there own way. U CANT GO FROM BUM TO BALLA OVERNIGHT (unless u buy ebooks)" - Bronco

Bronco,

I 100% respect your opinion on the matter. However I 100% disagree with you. Just as you draw upon your own circumstance and experiance you base your conclusion off of past events and even assume a bit to come to a final thought. I do the same.

While you think it is quite comical that the Madden scene is "dying" because of "ebooks" and "these sites" I think you couldn't be farther from the truth. I agree with you that anyone can come in and buy a book and instantly become a better player I don't argue that. What I argue is that the vast majority of people buying the material and putting to use the material is a much different crowd then YOU suspect. The demographic is quite surprising and unless you are involved specifically with it then i wouldnt expect you to understand. The people buying and using the information is a much older crowd that don't have time to put in hours into the game. They stil want to be competitive but they simply dont have the time that some of us are so fortunate to have. That's life. Email after email comes in asking for help and how they can't wait to get home from work and get on the sticks for a hour or two and practice the setups. Do they ever post on the forums? No. Do YOU know who they are? No. Again its not your fault-you only see whats out in the open. However theres 50+ emails a day that people are looking for help.

Why do I do this? I do this for that 40 year old father that doesnt play online, that doenst have the money to buy a second controller to lab defense with, and only plays his buddy down the street every night in a best of 3 series before he calls it a night. I do it for that guy that only wants to beat his friend. So we buy him a controller, send it to Atlanta, call him on the phone and go over every single one of my setups and make sure he understands what hes doing and why hes doing it. I do it becuase it makes him happy. I do it becuase it makes me happy. In my opinion Bronco...THAT is how the Madden Community is going to grow. If you have a better approach please let me know.

I also dont really understand why you would think the Madden community is dying? 8.5 million copies sold this year ( i need a stat guy to confirm this lol) , the most forum activity and site activity ever on this specific site. over 50,000 views of MadDen TV, 350+ live viewers a night for TWIM. The one thing I hear the most from people is not about how the tips are so good and how they have become a better player but the number reason 1 why i hear people like MB and consider it the best is because they feel apart of a community here. They feel like they arent just another "random". They feel wanted and they feel as if they can openly speak freely without getting bashed. We wanted MB to be a place where anyone and everyone can come and talk madden openly. Secrey in my opinion is what hurt the tournament scene not ebook sites. Secrecy created pre-maddona's which in turn created a environment of people talking down to one another. In the end that old system of secrecy seems to not be working.

You are entitled to your own opinion and I respect that. However I believe it is unfair for you to pigeion whole the community into a small niche that you are apart of.

*I recommend you read the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell- talks about how the most famous and successful people didnt specifically accomplish all there goals and dreams because of how talented they are and how they did things on there own- but it talks about how they are where they are today because they received help from others*
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Jeter

Jeter

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:36 pm

Good Post.
Back to top Go down
jordantrav

jordantrav

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 pm

good write up gibbs!
Back to top Go down
bigjbeastin252

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 pm

Gibbs i just wanted to stop in and say thank you for everything you and farls do for the madden community. There are alot of people who see ebooks as giving bums a chance to succeed in madden and that it hurts the madden scene but the truth is like you said most of the guys buying the ebooks are fathers or 40 year old guys who are just playing games with buddies for fun and not taking the game as serious as 16-25 year olds. I am 21 years old i goto college and play madden all the time so a guy like me has plenty of time to get in the lab and get schemes.

Just Thank you for everything that you guys do free tips, schemes, plays, and just being there when people need you help VIA text message, phone call, AIM, email, and forums.

Bigjbeastin44
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 pm

To squash any beefs (since I've gone out of my way already to do so). In the run D, there are qb spies (as you will find). I do not claim those. Never had, never will. From what I hear (but can not confirm, as we play different consoles) it is xHHx crews. The entire D is not theirs. In fact, they use this concept in an entirely different playbook. Ask them about it.

The magic of the play lies in the rush angle.

For more information about QB spy assignments, ask JayNizz.
For more information about rush angle and setup, ask myself or Jeter for assistance.
Back to top Go down
more cowbell

more cowbell

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 pm

thanks for the work, gibs! i fall under that category of a working family man with a wife and a 1 yr. old that simply does not have time to pick up and lab 5 hours a night. not only do MB's ebooks teach me great plays, they also help me further understand different concepts! lets face it, i would get pounded by about every single forum member in here! with the help from TWIM, Mad Den, and ebooks, i have a better understanding. i actually took the BOAT and applied it to another playbook. i wouldn't have been able to do that without previous tips and tricks i picked up through this website!

i also wanted to extend a big thanks to zan, jeter, wang... all of your tips, tricks and concepts are helping me become a better player. to be honest, i still could not set up a scheme all by myself, but your help is making me want to be better. this is what the site is about...

/rant
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:35 pm

I haven't looked at or studied the run defense, but im pretty sure we played qb spies vs the run last year. Not sure where or why or if it works, but i've done it for a while.

And other than the Dallas unbump route I created live on twim (that wang already knew about) I am not a big creator, just run preset schemes to perfection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:07 pm

ZFarls wrote:
I haven't looked at or studied the run defense, but im pretty sure we played qb spies vs the run last year. Not sure where or why or if it works, but i've done it for a while.

And other than the Dallas unbump route I created live on twim (that wang already knew about) I am not a big creator, just run preset schemes to perfection.

they way we use spy's is different then they way you guys did,

you guys put your back side DE on a spy (great tactic)

but we put our DTs on spys to open up a run lane
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:25 pm

1 day maybe the d line & lb react/react gap responsibility will be realistic in madden
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:23 pm

bahdbwoy wrote:
1 day maybe the d line & lb react/react gap responsibility will be realistic in madden

LoL true..

Reason the QB spies work:

They drop back for a split second, causing a Guard and Center to chase them, leaving a huge.. i mean HUGE hole in the middle of the defense.
Back to top Go down
xhhxbronco

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:33 pm

sgibs wrote:
"This is quite comical to me. Is it me or has the madden scene been going downhill ever sense these sites formed. (e-books) E-books in my view have slowly destroyed the madden scene because the truth is any bum with half a brain can buy one and be pretty descend, which in turn becomes a mass effect of everyone running the same things thinking there good but are they? NO. So yes HH was not planning on releasing this info, but on the other hand we have been running it since week 2 of madden dropping and plenty of people have played us and there run has been locked up. So for people to act like it did not originate in HH is completly ludacris, and all the people who we have played know the truth. Does HH need credit? No not at all but dont run around acting like you came up with a great creatation when you really just jocked it. Maybe someday we can get back to coming up with things, keeping them within our circles and not releasing e-books. Diversity is the only way Madden will prosper, no one wants to see the same thing everytime they jump on, and i understand people are just trying to help the community but in the grand scheme of things its killing it. Let the rookies be rookies like we all were at one time when i was comin up i never had no website/ebook to run to to improve i did it myself, let people learn there own way. U CANT GO FROM BUM TO BALLA OVERNIGHT (unless u buy ebooks)" - Bronco

Bronco,

I 100% respect your opinion on the matter. However I 100% disagree with you. Just as you draw upon your own circumstance and experiance you base your conclusion off of past events and even assume a bit to come to a final thought. I do the same.

While you think it is quite comical that the Madden scene is "dying" because of "ebooks" and "these sites" I think you couldn't be farther from the truth. I agree with you that anyone can come in and buy a book and instantly become a better player I don't argue that. What I argue is that the vast majority of people buying the material and putting to use the material is a much different crowd then YOU suspect. The demographic is quite surprising and unless you are involved specifically with it then i wouldnt expect you to understand. The people buying and using the information is a much older crowd that don't have time to put in hours into the game. They stil want to be competitive but they simply dont have the time that some of us are so fortunate to have. That's life. Email after email comes in asking for help and how they can't wait to get home from work and get on the sticks for a hour or two and practice the setups. Do they ever post on the forums? No. Do YOU know who they are? No. Again its not your fault-you only see whats out in the open. However theres 50+ emails a day that people are looking for help.

Why do I do this? I do this for that 40 year old father that doesnt play online, that doenst have the money to buy a second controller to lab defense with, and only plays his buddy down the street every night in a best of 3 series before he calls it a night. I do it for that guy that only wants to beat his friend. So we buy him a controller, send it to Atlanta, call him on the phone and go over every single one of my setups and make sure he understands what hes doing and why hes doing it. I do it becuase it makes him happy. I do it becuase it makes me happy. In my opinion Bronco...THAT is how the Madden Community is going to grow. If you have a better approach please let me know.

I also dont really understand why you would think the Madden community is dying? 8.5 million copies sold this year ( i need a stat guy to confirm this lol) , the most forum activity and site activity ever on this specific site. over 50,000 views of MadDen TV, 350+ live viewers a night for TWIM. The one thing I hear the most from people is not about how the tips are so good and how they have become a better player but the number reason 1 why i hear people like MB and consider it the best is because they feel apart of a community here. They feel like they arent just another "random". They feel wanted and they feel as if they can openly speak freely without getting bashed. We wanted MB to be a place where anyone and everyone can come and talk madden openly. Secrey in my opinion is what hurt the tournament scene not ebook sites. Secrecy created pre-maddona's which in turn created a environment of people talking down to one another. In the end that old system of secrecy seems to not be working.

You are entitled to your own opinion and I respect that. However I believe it is unfair for you to pigeion whole the community into a small niche that you are apart of.

*I recommend you read the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell- talks about how the most famous and successful people didnt specifically accomplish all there goals and dreams because of how talented they are and how they did things on there own- but it talks about how they are where they are today because they received help from others*

I really was not going to post again after the heat i took after my previous post but Gibs you came with an intelligent post so in turn i will respond to you. Good post BTW
For starters this is no way was me trying to bash that recreational baller who just wants some tips to help win against his buddy or a small tourney at his local bar but doesnt have the time to put in to the game, i have no problem with that, and when i said hurting the community i guess i should have stated it differently. By community i really meant tourney scene and thats my bad for not specifying, but as for the tourney scene i just dont see sponsers(mlg, bestbuy, etc) buying in to something when all people see is hundreds of people running 1 play or 2 plays at a givin tourney(fb dive rc offtackle) and saying "o yea lets keep sponsering/supporting this" I was not a big tourney guy before this sites came about but wasnt there much more competition back when people were running there own schemes? It just seems to me ever sense the beggining of these sites exploding (***) the tourney scene has slowly disappeared, now maybe that just cowincadence or maybe its not im not sure but when u go from 32 cities to 8 cities down to 4 mlg cities down to Playersbowl only something is a miss, and something needs to be done to stop this downward spiral that its seems we are on. Btw Jeter and Zan mostly JETER I IN NO WAY BASHED U OR INSULTED YOU IN ANY WAY SO I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE CAME AT MY COMMENT IN A INTELLIGENT WAY INSTEAD OF A INMATURE BACKLASH
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:52 pm

ya i have a friend who runs spies but if it works run it.
Back to top Go down
Jeter

Jeter

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:27 pm

xhhxbronco wrote:
sgibs wrote:

Bronco,

I really was not going to post again after the heat i took after my previous post but Gibs you came with an intelligent post so in turn i will respond to you. Good post BTW
For starters this is no way was me trying to bash that recreational baller who just wants some tips to help win against his buddy or a small tourney at his local bar but doesnt have the time to put in to the game, i have no problem with that, and when i said hurting the community i guess i should have stated it differently. By community i really meant tourney scene and thats my bad for not specifying, but as for the tourney scene i just dont see sponsers(mlg, bestbuy, etc) buying in to something when all people see is hundreds of people running 1 play or 2 plays at a givin tourney(fb dive rc offtackle) and saying "o yea lets keep sponsering/supporting this" I was not a big tourney guy before this sites came about but wasnt there much more competition back when people were running there own schemes? It just seems to me ever sense the beggining of these sites exploding (***) the tourney scene has slowly disappeared, now maybe that just cowincadence or maybe its not im not sure but when u go from 32 cities to 8 cities down to 4 mlg cities down to Playersbowl only something is a miss, and something needs to be done to stop this downward spiral that its seems we are on. Btw Jeter and Zan mostly JETER I IN NO WAY BASHED U OR INSULTED YOU IN ANY WAY SO I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE CAME AT MY COMMENT IN A INTELLIGENT WAY INSTEAD OF A INMATURE BACKLASH

Good Post.

And believe me the tourney scene didn't die because of sites like this to help the casual gamer. Only reason I fired at you is cause I took your post the wrong way. Good post though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)   Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter) Empty

Back to top Go down

Jeters D Book - (thank you jeter)
Page 1 of 1