Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Major Defensive Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
direwolves14

Major Defensive Help Empty
PostSubject: Major Defensive Help   Major Defensive Help EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:13 pm

On All-Madden I am decent at defense. My buddy will only play on All-Pro. It is frustrating playing him because he is 3-0 against me. Against all other players in person my record is 6-0. He is the only one I can't beat right now. I match formation for formation. This is what I think of defense:

Cover 0/1- Only use against the run
Cover 2- guards the flats
cover 3- deep middle or the outside run- corners when the buzz zones are there
cover 4- end of game, deep pass

Is this right? I need major help on defense. Can someone tell me when I am supposed to use Cover 1, 2, 3, and 4? I am so lost.
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Major Defensive Help   Major Defensive Help EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Your pretty much on it, thats a very good way to think of defense. You should start adding in some pressure and playing a little man. Does he have the skill to determine man vs zone? I doubt he can read mid drop back, so look to mix up heat while making it look the same as your zone.

You are doing a great job though with the general use of the defense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
direwolves14

PostSubject: Re: Major Defensive Help   Major Defensive Help EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:37 pm

I believe he is one of those players that reads the defense and adjusts his routes so it no longer is his base play.
Back to top Go down
direwolves14

PostSubject: Re: Major Defensive Help   Major Defensive Help EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:40 pm

What downs and distance is it smart to bring pressure? How do I bring pressure but put coverage behind the blitz? I rarely blitz because it seems that the opponent realizes the blitz and throws to that area.
Back to top Go down
XxSHOWTIMExX

PostSubject: Re: Major Defensive Help   Major Defensive Help EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:30 pm

I will generally blitz on those third n long downs when your opponent has to wait an extra second for his deep routes to develop. But u don't really want to have a designated down n distance for u to bring pressure, it makes u predictable. Sometimes I bring heat on 1st down sometimes I play coverage first down or sometimes I'll bring heat all 4 downs. Eitherway I keep my opponent guessing. The key to bringing successful pressure this year is deception. Find ways to bring the same heat but with different looks behind it.

For example in the 46 normal cover 3. U can blitz ur MLB playing that yellow zone in the right B-gap on first down, then on second down move him into that B-gap but allow him to play his zone this time. Your opponent wil expect him to blitz and will throw to the area of the field that he was supposed to vacate but since he is now playing a zone it's an easy pick for him or at least comes very close to a pick and now make your opponent have to second guess throwing the ball into that area.

Also when u blitz u have to understand that u will have holes in your D it's just your job to user a player and minimize those holes as best u can. It doesn't have to b perfect coverage it jus has to be enough to make the QB hold on to the ball long enough for ur pressure to come through.
Back to top Go down
direwolves14

PostSubject: Re: Major Defensive Help   Major Defensive Help EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:07 pm

Thanks Showtime
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Major Defensive Help   Major Defensive Help EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Watch Madden TV Episode 37, they have man and zone blitz. HUGE HELP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Defensive Help   Major Defensive Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Major Defensive Help
Page 1 of 1