Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

need a run defense BAD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
finfever

finfever

need a run defense BAD Empty
PostSubject: need a run defense BAD   need a run defense BAD EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:02 pm

The run is absolutly KILLING me. I play people and they wont throw a pass, run every single time, and I cant stop it. I mean I could if I played 11, but im looking for a defense that at least gives me a little coverage. I tried the Double spy DT with the spy turbo blitz mlb. It works sometimes but if there is a lead blocker or a toss I cant get to it. Contains dont do crap this year they always just get blocked, so tosses kill me. Very frustrating.

I run the 4-4, so any run D out of the 4-4 would be appreciated. But if there is something out there in another playbook, like the 46, i would be willing to switch.

ANYTHING will be appreciated. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: need a run defense BAD   need a run defense BAD EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Yo whats up man, one thing i like to do, if getting beat by i play is first find out what it is. Your first drive of defense, or first few drives, picked up on tendencies, play cover 1 or cover 3 base so you don't get beat deep early. Recognize formations, alignment, packages, weak and strong sides. Just try and absorb as much as a cheat sheet as you can for him. 2nd half is when you make your noise. Keep it in the hat a little in the first half. Once you notice which runs he likes to run and can't beat him, find out what playbook he was using, and go to practice mode. Pick his run and attempt to find defense that you think will work. Find a way to have coverage and still defend the run. Focus more on coverage because all in all. YOU should be stopping the run with your user player. The cpu helps, but shooting gaps is something YOU should be doing, because YOU'RE the smartest player on the field. Unless you're in man coverage then i'd give it to DRC. lol
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: need a run defense BAD   need a run defense BAD EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:29 am

44 is a great run stopping formation.. user the FS for tip #1

the best run d is gap responsibility. just move ur OLB 3 yards outside the outermost offensive player. that will stop tosses/or anything outside by itself. place ur two ILB over the B-gaps at default depth. user the FS in the A gap.

If u noticed I never mentioned anything bout blitzing. What u can do to get runs for losses is blitz a ILB to the B gap of whichever side u feel the run is goin.

usin two spys is weak against motioned runs and/or draws.

Gap responsibility is #1 and let ur players do work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need a run defense BAD   need a run defense BAD Empty

Back to top Go down

need a run defense BAD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: