Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

my houston Scheme

Go down 
+18
rayricedabeast
SKINNY
DaTyCRAIN
Slimreaper256
SasserAssassin
WasItTehChad
Militant X 1
ZAN
Jstewx28
impala28
LOTT0042
UseRPicK101
Larry J
Tyler1281
crbuke
dhbz3914
WFColonel56
Kingz
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kingz

Kingz

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:29 am

audibles:
Strong Close- HB Off Tackle
Strong Close- Y Trail
I-form Close- Weak Flood
Gun Snugs Flip- Mesh
Singleback Tight Doubles- Slot Corner

Singleback tight doubles
These plays are setup assuming you are on the left hash mark. If you are on the right side then flip the play. Make your adjustments as you are walking up to the line and snap as soon as you’re set. You want to rush to the line of scrimmage as soon as the hot routes are set. Place your fastest WR in the slot.
Slot Corner
This is an every down play. It is downright nasty. You can destroy an opponent using this play alone.

Setup:
1. Slant out the slot receiver.
2. Streak the left wideout.
3. Snap

Reads against man:
1. The slant out (The defense often gets confused for a second leaving him wide open)
2. The RB (The middle line backer is usually matched up and can’t keep up with him)
3. The TE
Now against quick nano heat you want to look first to the TE and RB. You won’t have time to hit the slant out.

Reads against zone:
1. The slant out (This gets open against every zone. It is a money route because the streak forces the safety to drop back)
2. The RB
3. The TE

WR Corner
This is a great play. You can come out in this play every down too.

Setup:
1. Slant out the slot receiver.
2. Streak the left wide out.
3. Drag the TE
4. Smart route the right side wide out.
Reads against man:
1. The slot receiver
2. The TE
3. The RB in the blue route
Reads against zone:
1. The slot receiver
2. The TE
3. The RB in the blue route.
*Now after you run this play a time or two against man defense you can add a step to the setup. You want to motion the smart routed right side wide out 1 step left then hike and quick throw to This motioning will help us setup our next play.

Stick
This play is the stick play that we’ve all come to know and love. You have the quick out route as well as the stick route. It kills both man and zone. The disadvantage the play has is that if you run it too often the defense will know where the stick/quick out route combo is coming from. That’s why you want to mix this play in with WR corner.

Setup:
1. Motion the right side wide out 1 step and hike. (This step isn’t necessary but will help you disguise the play. I don’t always do this unless I’ve ran the motioned C route in WR corner a time or two. )
Reads against man:
1. The quick out
Reads against zone:
1. The stick route

HB Dive
Anytime that you see zone you can audible to run and use this play. It is a very effective running play.

Shallow Cross
This is basically a mesh play. This is a good change up against man or zone.

Setup:
1. Place the slot WR on a slant out toward the sideline.
2. Hike

Reads:
1. The left wr running the drag right.
2. The TE running the drag.
3. The RB
4. The Slot receiver running the slant out.

*Now for our next quick hike formation we are going to use the Strong close formation. Put your fastest back as the full back when you come out in the twin hb package.

Strong Close (twin hb package)
Y Trail
Setup #1:
1. Streak the left wide out.
2. Smart route the right wide out. (again do these walking up to the line of scrimmage so we can quick hike.)
3. Hike

Reads against man:
1. The FB (He usually gets wide open because of the route combinations on the right side pick off and confuse the defenders)
2. The smart routed right wide out will usually get separation crossing the middle of the field.
3. The tight end (This angle route destroys both man and zone defense)

Reads against zone:
1. The FB
2. The smart routed right wideout will get open on the left side of the screen because the streak forces the safety to drop back.
3. The TE angle route.
4. The streak (This often is open about 15 yards downfield with pass lead inside against cover 2 and cover 4)

Setup #2:
1. Streak the left wide out.
2. Smart route the right side wide out.
3. Motion the right wide out left and snap as soon as he passes the left side wide out.

Reads against man:
1. If your opponent doesn’t manually follow the motioned wide out, snap and throw immediately to him. This will often get you a huge gain. It has to be covered manually.
2. The FB
3. The TE running the angle route.

Reads against zone:
1. The motioned wide out usually gets open on the left side about 15 yards downfield because the safety drops back to guard the streak.
2. The FB
3. The TE money route.

HB Slip Screen (Twin HB)
I stole this from someone else but it is an awesome play. You can run this every play of a game and not be stopped. The QB drops back so quickly that heat will not get to you before you get rid of the ball.

Setup against man defense:
1. Smart route your TE
2. Drag you RB to run right
3. Drag your FB to run left.

Reads against man:
1. The FB
2. The RB
3. The TE

Setup against zone defense:
1. Slant the TE outside.
2. Place the FB on a out route to the left (inside).

Reads against zone:
1. The FB (He will be wide open because the defense drops back to honor the streaks. Also, your opponent will see the screen and manually chase the RB)
2. The RB (He will still have the great screen blocking and have the potential for a huge gain.)

HB Off TackleContrary to popular belief, this is still a game changing run. It will kill zone defense.

I-form Close
Weak Flood
***This is a home run play. It is also a good consistant man beater. Audible to this from strong close dual back or any other set where you can get a fast player at FB whenever you see cover 0 or cover 1 or even cover 2 man d's with the defense pressed.

Setup:
1. Hike
Reads:
1. The FB (He flies out the backfield and often gets wide open over the top very quickly)
2. The right side WR running the drag left.
3. The TE gets open by the deep left sideline. (If you audibled down from a 4 wr set like gun snugs this route is killer.)

Gun Split Texan
Slot Seam (Dual HB package-Prior to switching packages I suggest subbing someone for your slot receiver then immediately subbing back. This will keep your TE from lining up in the slot when you come out in Dual HB package. Also, this makes it possible for you to audible to Y trail and get great matchups.)

Setup:
1. Motion the right side wide out 1 step.
2. If zone, hike and quick throw to the left running back. (This play is great near the goal line or when you need a 5 yard or less first down.)
3. If man defense, audible to Y trail and run how it was posted above.

Snugs Flip
Stick (This is an all time great play. It kills man and zone. I love to run this near the goal line or when my opponent doesn’t want to get out of man defense. It is awesome against zone too. This is my staple 2 point conversion play.)

Setup:
1. Hike

Reads against man:
1. Either slot receiver on the quick out.

Reads against zone:
1. Either wide out running the stick route.

PA Texan Curls (This is also a great play to run near the goal line. The delayed blue routes are deadly and you will have 2 of them.)

Setup:
1. Hot route your RB to block.
2. Hike

Reads against man and zone:
1. Either of the 2 blue routes.

I- form Pro (Dual HB package with faster RB at FB)
PA End Around (This play is a great man d killer too)

Setup:
1. Hot route your outside right wide out on a slant in.
2. Hot route your TE on a slant out.
3. Hike.

Reads against man:
1. The FB is always open against man defense unless manually covered. He has potential for a huge gain.
2. The Left wide out.
3. The Right wide out.
4. The TE.

Reads against zone:
1. The FB.
2. The TE
3. Either of the wide receivers.

Singleback
Ace Close
HB Stretch or HB power (These are great near the goal line because you can flip the plays and the defense won’t be able to tell which direction you are running.)

Setup:
1. Hike
Singleback
Ace Twins
HB draw (Draws are overly effective this year. This play is no different. It is a great run play.)

Setup:
1. Hike. (Also, I like to motion the left wide out to the opposite side of the formation then hike.)

Singleback
Jumbo Z
HB Smash

Setup against zone only:
1. Hike.

Setup against man:
1. Audible to Deep Pass (Flanker dig)
2. Drag the left TE
3. Motion your RB left.
4. Snap a foot or two before the RB sets.

Reads:
1. The RB (He cuts to the inside very fast like the circle route. Hit him immediately with a bullet.)
2. Te's running drags

I-form Pro
Inside Zone (Another great staple run play in Madden)

I-form
Twins Flex
HB blast, HB toss, and HB draw are great run plays. Flip them to run to the defenses weak side.

I-form
Close
Texans HB zone

Setup:
1. Right stick flip the play. (I do this several times to mess with the defense.)
2. Motion the right side wide out left and hike when he passes the guard.

I-form
Close
Texans Pitch (This is the same play as the strong close pitch in disguise. It is an awesome run. Quick hike as soon as you get to the line.)

I-form
Tight pair
Zone Weak (Flip this play and you have a great power run.)

Tight pair
HB Sweep (Another good toss play)

Strong Close
Off tackle, HB Dive, and Quick Toss (All great runs. For HB dive, motion your right wide out left and hike as he gets to the A gap.)[b]
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:07 am

good looking out man
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
dhbz3914

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:56 am

nice stuff man
Back to top Go down
crbuke

crbuke

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Here is the playbook with the guy in my league who uses the texans, Throw to Andre, Throw to Andre, Throw to Andre.
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:02 pm

great job man love a lot of these plays
Back to top Go down
Larry J

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Great playbook except you should credit the person you stole the scheme from. This was copied word for word man. What a ******. BTW I posted this on a couple other sites before this douche stole it from me. http://www.thegamerslab.com/community/madden-12-tips-strategy-forum/112748-larryj1978s-houston-texans-offensive-playbook-guide.html
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:08 pm

Larry J wrote:
Great playbook except you should credit the person you stole the scheme from. This was copied word for word man. What a ******. BTW I posted this on a couple other sites before this douche stole it from me. http://www.thegamerslab.com/community/madden-12-tips-strategy-forum/112748-larryj1978s-houston-texans-offensive-playbook-guide.html

ouch affraid
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:07 am

wow smh!
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:20 pm

wow man
Back to top Go down
impala28

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Lmao wow
Back to top Go down
Jstewx28

Jstewx28

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:22 pm

LMAO THATS SAD BRO REAL SAD
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:47 am

exactly why i dont contribute anymore.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:02 pm

unbelievable!

do you cats not realize that if you steal stuff from another site and then post it here or visa versa...that...there are members here who are also members of other maddens sites and therefore, they will see EVERYTHING! and know that the information is not yours? Suspect

~Mili
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:38 am

^^^^ cheers
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:04 am

my houston Scheme Third-party-facepalm
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:52 am

^^^^^^^^^
saw the pic coming
Back to top Go down
Slimreaper256

Slimreaper256

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:30 am

That is sad. But I have a question for WHOEVER originally created this scheme. Why Streak the Left WR on Y-Trail? I thought it was common knowlege that, that route is a money route. If I'm not mistaken, even SGIBS himself said it on a MAD DEN TV episode. All U have to do is throw the ball with an outside lead when the route bends toward the sideline. Not tryna knock the scheme. I like it alot. I was just wondering...
Back to top Go down
Larry J

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:26 pm

You're right that route is money and always has been. I made the scheme based on the way the defense played at the beginning of the season. It was even easier than it is now to hit slant out routes so it was more consistant to have a streak/slant combo on one side of the field vs always trying to do the deep trail route which is money. I also made my scheme with Colston as my left wr so he didn't have the speed to break this route wide open like it's capable of. If I switched and put Henderson or Meachem here it gave away what I was doing. If you have Ford/Knox/Jackson then it's all day.

Here are other things I've put up on strong close:
Strong Close
DBL Stutter Go

1. Streak the RB. (This isn't necessary but makes the play better against zone)
2. Motion the right side WR left.
3. Hike when the motioned receiver is just to the left receiver.

The motioned receiver gets open against everything. He cuts inside like a C route killing man defense. Because of the routes of the outside left receiver and TE/RB the motioned receiver will get open against all zones too for a quick pass.

This play is awesome to mix in with other quick pass plays out of this formation especially y trail and mesh where you are motioning a player to the opposite side and doing a quick snap/throw. This throws off your opponent because you'll hit him inside. It is also the deep pass audible in most playbooks.

Here are the Y trail setups:

Strong Close Y Trail Against Zone(from right hash mark)
Dual back or audible down from another formation
1. Slant out the right WR.
2. Snap. Wait for a split second then quick throw to the FB.

He will get open for a quick pass against any zone because of the route combo on the short side of the field. The TE will then turn into a blocker and you'll have a good 10 yard play.

Flip the play if you are on the left hash mark.

Strong Close (twin hb package)
Y Trail
Setup #1:
1. Streak the left wide out
2. Smart route the right wide out (again do these walking up to the line of scrimmage so we can quick hike.)
3. Hike

Reads against man:
1. FB (He usually gets wide open because of the route combinations on the right side pick off and confuse the defenders)
2. Smart routed right wide out will usually get separation crossing the middle of the field.
3. TE (This angle route destroys both man and zone defense)

Reads against zone:
1. FB
2. Smart routed right wideout will get open on the left side of the screen because the streak forces the safety to drop back.
3. TE angle route.
4. Streak (This often is open about 15 yards downfield with pass lead inside against cover 2 and cover 4)

Setup #2:
1. Streak the left wide out
2. Smart route the right side wide out
3. Motion the right wide out left and snap as soon as he passes the left side wide out
Reads against man:
1. If your opponent doesn’t manually follow the motioned wide out, snap and throw immediately to him. This will often get you a huge gain. It has to be covered manually
2. FB
3. TE running the angle route.
Reads against zone:
1. Motioned wide out usually gets open on the left side about 15 yards downfield because the safety drops back to guard the streak.
2. FB
3. TE money route

Strong Close Y trail
You can also slant your running back toward either sideline against man defense then motion him toward that sideline. Hike and quick throw after he passes the wr.

The FB can be motioned to the strong side of the field against man defense and snap and throw when he passes the WR.

Also, against man defense (especially cover 1 and cover 0 or cover 2 if your opponent is bringing the FS closer to the los) you can quick snap and lob the ball over the top to the left wr running the deep route. Pass the ball as soon as that receiver starts to go to the outside of the defender. This is where you will get separation. This works best with 95+ speed receivers and is often a 1 play TD.
Back to top Go down
DaTyCRAIN

DaTyCRAIN

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 pm

i use houstons playbook and i dont see why you would streak x on y trail. when the receiver breaks it's easy to hit them deep.
Back to top Go down
Larry J

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:59 am

DaTyCRAIN wrote:
i use houstons playbook and i dont see why you would streak x on y trail. when the receiver breaks it's easy to hit them deep.

See the message above yours.
Back to top Go down
SKINNY

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:15 pm

uhhhh .. thats swagger jacking @ its finest. Kingz should be banned for two years (USC Style). Lol ..
Back to top Go down
rayricedabeast

rayricedabeast

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:44 am

UGHHHHH (Rick Ross voice)
Back to top Go down
DesertSwarm24

DesertSwarm24

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1

IRISHFBFAN1

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:02 am

King,

Your audibles are like the all star of plays lol! Great job and thanks for sharing my friend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ncaastrategy.com/
zeddie15

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:33 am

Thieving bum, Larry is da man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my houston Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: my houston Scheme   my houston Scheme Empty

Back to top Go down

my houston Scheme
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next