Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

The Advantages of Labbing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shorticus

The Advantages of Labbing  Empty
PostSubject: The Advantages of Labbing    The Advantages of Labbing  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 pm

A lot of people generally confuse the concept of a lab and a game. To be completely honest, when I first joined the MRL, I thought it was just cool slang for playing a game of Madden.

After being a member of the MRL for quite some time, I learned that labbing is very much different from an actual game, and if done correctly can be very helpful in advancing your game and taking it to the next level.

My definition of a lab game - a game in which two people are playing with the general purpose of working on improving a specific area of their game. It doesn't matter who wins and loses because the point is to improve in that specific area. I'll be the first to say that I will probably lose a lab by 5 TDs, but I doubt that would happen in a game.

When I am labbing with a team that I have played with before, you will rarely see me run the same plays that I run in a regular game. You will find that I run a lot of broken plays that never work, and may not ever work. After most labs, I may pick up 1-2 plays and add them to my offensive set for upcoming games.

Here is why I run labs:
When I first started playing in the MRL, I had a total of around 5-10 offensive plays that I would run in two sets (Shotgun and I-Formation). I would audible based on my reads of the defense.

Now, my playbook has expanded to greater than 20 working plays out of just about every formation in the Balanced Pass playbook. Labbing has also shown me how to read and protect against the blitz....the advantage of keeping your RB in the backfield to block, and also how to set up effective audibles.

Shoutout to Nitka, Swag, Rage, J (JayNizz22) and the rest of the MRL for helping me advance my game.

I would love to hear everyone's opinion of how you guys view a lab game, and what do you use it for.
Back to top Go down
GoldenRage

GoldenRage

The Advantages of Labbing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Advantages of Labbing    The Advantages of Labbing  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Got to agree with you in regards to the purpose of Labbing and what it should be about. It's about two individuals experimenting with certain plays in a game. Another way to take it to another level is by using mics and communicating with each other. I encourage people to take advantage and take the time to request a lab session with some of our most elite members who could help take your game to another level such as SWAG, JAYNIZZ, GIBS, and KINGJASON just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
http://MaddenRevolution.com

The Advantages of Labbing
Page 1 of 1