Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon

Go down 
+4
xHHx_megatron
SasserAssassin
Militant X 1
ZAN
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ZAN

ZAN

Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon Empty
PostSubject: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Hallelujah!

Back to the days of taking skill to be good at the game!

http://www.pastapadre.com/

Check the first update about the title push back.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:12 pm

the article stated; "Multiple sources have informed me there are some major changes taking place at EA Tiburon specifically relating to the Madden NFL franchise. Several high level members of the development team are apparently on their way out and may be joining a new studio that is being founded by a former Tiburon executive. When made public some of the names exiting the studio will be immediately recognizable to those who closely follow the series.
On Friday The Orlando Business Journal reported on the new social gaming studio, to be known as Row Sham Bow, that is creating 60 “high wage” jobs in the Orlando area (also home to Tiburon). Job postings for the company began going up earlier this month.

It is unknown at this time what if any impact would be had on the development of Madden NFL 12 or even if those individuals would be leaving immediately. As of publish time request for comment from EA Sports had not been returned."

it doesn't specifically mention Ian Cummings here but maybe what i have in bold is an indication that he may be one of the executives being released, fired or re-signing?

~Mili
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 pm

this is kinda good.
good because the game has just been terrible.
bad cause the game is getting pushed back and there isnt a head person in this operation
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Mili it said towards the end-

"It is unknown whether the release date shift is due to the labor strife the NFL is facing, the departure of key development team members, or a combination of both. As I reported on Twitter this morning, creative director Ian Cummings is one of the names on the way out"

Ian cummings or not, we will all get M12.. lmao, let the complainin start then..
Back to top Go down
stritzo

stritzo

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:04 am

I understand the game wasn't GREAT the way ian did it but lets all remember that doesn't mean that someone new will make it better it could get worse
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:22 am

Ian leaving is the worst thing that could have happened to madden. Mark my words
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 am

it is?! i was under the impression that most of us disliked this whole mantra of:

1. slant out the short side flanker
2. streak the short slot
3. drag long slot
4. streak long flanker
5. block RB
6. close eyes
7. press a button
8. touchdown

this game has been terrible since Ian took over with the mantra of "make anyone able to pick the game up and compete"
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:08 pm

I really dont think that one person will make or break the bank.

it will be interesting to see what happens. Madden will be just fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:03 pm

I'd argue that Ian Cummings broke the game AND the bank.

I mean Madden sales are way down since he took over, and the game sucks.

Only good can come from this partnership ending.

Good riddance.
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:55 pm

yeah one person couldnt have been the problem its the whole team
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:41 am

He isnt just 1 person, he is the lead developer.....And he isnt the only 1 out. A few SENIOR DEVELOPERS are leaving as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon   Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon Empty

Back to top Go down

Ian Cummings Leaves EA/Tiburon
Page 1 of 1