Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

MRL SNFL Rules

Go down 
+5
claymaker_52
StupidDialUp
EaglePride615
zboy365
shorticus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shorticus

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Listed below is a mix of the current tourney rules.

1. Lowest seeds picks game style for round 1. Highest seed from that point forward.

MRLStyle is basically an MRL game for us. No milking before 2 minutes of each half.

SIM Style Rules are as follows:
One 4th down gamble per half unless 4th and 2 or less on opponents side of field or down by 14.
Can not call same offensive play twice in same set of downs or in a row unless in redzone.
Must pass rush at least 2 defenders (contains are considered rushers, QB spy is not).
No quick motion snap and throws. If player is in motion, must come to stop or hike at LOS to block. Automotions are allowed.
Must snap ball by 10 seconds on play clock.

Winning Player will get a free entry in the Madden 12 Giveaway tournament which I plan on setting up ASAP!!!

Game Settings are: Qtrs: 5-mins, Skill Level: All-Madden, Game Speed: Normal, No Accel Clock
Back to top Go down
zboy365

zboy365

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:51 pm

what is snfl
Back to top Go down
EaglePride615

EaglePride615

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:59 pm

why is it 5 mins? shouldnt it be 4?
Back to top Go down
shorticus

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:03 pm

SNFL is a sim-style league where specific rules are put in to give you more of a "real game" atmosphere so to speak
Back to top Go down
shorticus

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:03 pm

EaglePride615 wrote:
why is it 5 mins? shouldnt it be 4?

That's part of the adjustment to the league rules.
We are currently adjusting the rules so these are not set in stone. Please be patient everyone
Back to top Go down
zboy365

zboy365

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:07 pm

oh ok well this sh!t far from real lmaoooooo, but im down
Back to top Go down
shorticus

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:10 pm

zboy365 wrote:
oh ok well this sh!t far from real lmaoooooo, but im down

Right, but it's just about getting each player out of their comfort zone so and getting the leagues exposed to each other.
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:27 pm

SNFL website: http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/?lid=2988

We would need to add defense to the offensive play calling rule, i.e. "Can not call same offensive/defensive play twice in same set of downs or in a row unless in redzone."

Here are a list of other SNFL rules (some simplified) that I omitted for the sake of simplicity. We'd prefer to add these but we can discuss here.

Offense:
1.) Can only run no-huddle one drive per half or inside 2 minutes of if down by 14pnts in the 2nd half.
2.) Can not audible down from 4/5 wr to base sets.

Defense:
1.) Can not manually line up players in the gaps. You can show blitz but can not manually move a LB or safety or CB into the A/B gaps. If you manually move a player into gap it must be at LB depth. Sub packages are allowed.
2.) Can not audible down in package (i.e. qtr to 4-6 or 4-3)
3.) Must rush at least 3 defenders three out of every 4 downs (reset with first downs).

Special Teams:
-Can not Time Block kicks.
-Only 1 squib kick is allowed per half unless under 2 min.
-Can do a fake FG/Punt once per game (counts as your gamble).
-Onside kicks are allowed once per game. Must allow opposition to audible to defend it

Other sim-style rules that are not currently in the SNFL but could be discussed if we wanted to get real funky:
-No "no-assignment" blitzes.
-No "super-bumps"
-No quick motion c-routes
-No variations of the canoe.
-No contain blitzes
-No power blocking
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:28 pm

and 5 min was chosen because SNFL is 6 min qtrs and MRL is 4 min qtrs. 5 min is happy medium.
Back to top Go down
shorticus

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:36 pm

I'll let the players agree on rules, and once we decide on the rules, I will resume my role as "MRL Ambassador" LMAO!!!
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 pm

Just for clarification for those who do not know about the SNFL:

SNFL is a "sim-style" league that has been in existence and redefined since 2005 but under it's current moniker has been running for over a year. We are in our 10th season (i think) dating back to 2010 madden. For those unfamiliar with the term "sim-style" it's just a league that has restrictive rules of play to either try to closer mimic actual NFL play (i.e. 4th down rules, package rules, etc.) or to help create a balance in competition.

If you are interested to learn more about the league, please send @darktatonka a tweet.
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:25 am

Oh also, one thing shorty left out, it's a suicide pool play, i.e. once you use a team in the tourney u can not use them again. So if you use the raiders rnd 1, you cant use them for the rest of the tournament. Choose your teams wisely!
Back to top Go down
claymaker_52

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:27 am

Doesn't matter what rules you have SDU I'm taking this thing for the MRL lol.
Back to top Go down
EaglePride615

EaglePride615

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:26 am

I really dont like the no power block part
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:58 am

Offense:
1.) Can only run no-huddle one drive per half or inside 2 minutes of if down by 14pnts in the 2nd half.
2.) Can not audible down from 4/5 wr to base sets.

Defense:
1.) Can not manually line up players in the gaps. You can show blitz but can not manually move a LB or safety or CB into the A/B gaps. If you manually move a player into gap it must be at LB depth. Sub packages are allowed.
2.) Can not audible down in package (i.e. qtr to 4-6 or 4-3)
3.) Must rush at least 3 defenders three out of every 4 downs (reset with first downs).

Special Teams:
-Can not Time Block kicks.
-Only 1 squib kick is allowed per half unless under 2 min.
-Can do a fake FG/Punt once per game (counts as your gamble).
-Onside kicks are allowed once per game. Must allow opposition to audible to defend it

Other sim-style rules that are not currently in the SNFL but could be discussed if we wanted to get real funky:
-No "no-assignment" blitzes.
-No "super-bumps"
-No quick motion c-routes
-No variations of the canoe.
-No contain blitzes
-No power blocking

Offense
1. only no huddle once per half? why? you cant no huddle off incomplete passes-and your guys get tired if you do no huddle all game and have to sub out. Whats the reason behind no huddle? Does it give a advantage to the offense? Why doesnt the defense have audibles set to counter this? Do the Colts not no huddle for the vast majority of the game? Elaborate why this rule is in place...

2. Can not audible down from 4 or 5 sets to a base set? Whats a "base set"? The game restricts you from going from a 5 set to anything lower. Whats the reason behind not allowing a 4 WR set? WHy cant i package my team so it has 2 TE 2 WR and 1 HB? Why cant I go to and from a formation with that package? The Patriots do the above ALL the time. They come out in there personal and then see what the defense sends out. From there they then change up there formation type to counter the defense. Why cant this be done in Madden?

Defense

1. you can't move players into gaps - but you can move players into gaps at LB depth? explain this? show blitz aligns guys into gaps FOR YOU - why cant you do it yourself?

2. 4-6 to 4-3 is not audibling down - its the same package with the same personal. If i come out in 46 speed its a dime formation in a 46 set. Why cant I go to a dime package then from a 46? Whats the restrictions on this? I can place a SS at OLB in the depth chart? Whats stopping me from doing this?

3. 3 defenders? There are plays in this game that only rush 2 (9 velcro) - teams in the NFL (Browns) consistently drop 10 in coverage against specific teams (ie Browns vs Patriots). The offense needs to recognize this type of defense and counter it wtih HB draws. Why three? where did three come from to determine this was NFL like?

special teams
1. blocking kicks - agreed (bc the offense CAN NOT MAKE ANY ADJUSTMENTS TO DEFEND AGAINST THIS - this it the ONLY reasy why i agree)
2. Only one squib? Again why? the vast majority of times squibs give the opponent the ball at the 40+ or they go out of bounds. Why cant someone squib? Whats the unfair advantage?
3. Fake Fgs/punts are not effecttive just as they arent in real life. If someone wants to run one every play so be it - they wont convert it. Again dont know why this "rule" is in place.
4. Onside kicks - see above - again not sure where the advantage comes into play.

-No "no-assignment" blitzes. - ban them - they cant be picked up 100% of the time with slide protection
-No "super-bumps" - delay bump n run? where is the proof they are super bumps? 50/50 success AND THE SLOTS DONT BUMP
-No quick motion c-routes - no auto motion plays at all then and no motion players
-No variations of the canoe. - the canoe would limit what hte offense can do with motions. lets educate the defense and let them know to manually move there man defender or play zone
-No contain blitzes - why? they can be blocked every time with slide protection. If they double contain slide protection and blocking a HB picks the pressure up.
-No power blocking- this is a way for the offense to call out pass protection. why cant i block the A, B, or C gap? whats wrong with calling out protection schemes?

Can you elaborate on the above - i see a lot of rules just for the sake of having rules.

My main issue is that SIM rules, in my opnion and experiance with the game, arent thought through. THey are in place bc they are trying to limit specific things in the game. Has a anyone tried to sit down and find a counter? Everything for the most part can be countered. If it cant be countered then it should be banned (ie spy blitzes as well as no assignments and blocking kicks)

If a player can react and adjust to what the opposition is doing and can defend against what they are doing - HOW and WHY should it be regulated.

Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
nitka

nitka

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:15 am

Should we set up a Call of Duty Tourny? MRL vs SNFL?

I was going to wait to talk to Shorticus and SDU about this but, here we go!

The only way I see this working is if we set up the matchups at random and everyone plays 2 games. 1st game wide open MRL rules or Madden rules lol. 2nd game SNFL rules. Each win is counted and the league that has the most wins at the end wins.

No bracket or tourny, it just wont work. If you say no you cant do this then depending on what it is someone could be at a huge disadvantage or an advantage.

Im not or ever will knock "Sim style" or any other league, just not my style. It just seems that we are playing 2 different games.

Shout out to SDU and anyone else that goes both ways(no ****/???/ whatever), it has to be tuff to play one way then a complete other.
Back to top Go down
http://maddenrevolution.com
blacktatonka

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:31 pm

All MRL guys, I would like you guys to accept the challenge so we can have some fun! Speaking as the SNFL Owner, we have had a couple guys come over and have success in the MRL and those guys love the league and have enjoyed being able to play the game "out the box" so to speak. There are plenty of guys who enjoy different styles of play...though I prefer Sim, I have been open to playing in the MRL and am impressed with their organzation of play.

As a member of the MRL, I am open to most styles of play and would want the MRL guys to be open as well. I think if you want to compete against another league, then you have to meet that other league halfway. I would be happy to shave down about 75% of our rules just to play with about 25% of those rules we think should not be sacrificed. This is going beyond meeting the challenge halfway.....I think is VERY fair. I just want to get a good relationship started with the MRL which allows more madden players to go at it and have fun!

Hopefully, this will move foward and open up a new option for competition in both leagues.....hopefully, all will keep their minds open to a slight adjustment for a new expereince.

SNFL Owner,
N. Canty
Back to top Go down
blacktatonka

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:37 pm

I can make a league sticky on our board for discussion and also invite the top 8 MRL guys to join into the system and make a bracket. Let's talk some more. I am about to review all of the post that people have put on the forum to absorb everything and then try to come up with additional ideas and/or finalize any ideas. I would love to hear from Nitka or anyone else who can finalize this thing so we can get it going.

Nitka, you can call me 202-271-0099. If you text me you have to text through picture mail (something wrong with my text)...just go to pic mail and do text only.

Canty
Back to top Go down
blacktatonka

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Oh by the way.....SNFL= Showtime National Football League.

That was for the guy who wanted to know
Back to top Go down
blacktatonka

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:44 pm

To answer the same guy who asked about the MRL. We just try to kill some of the glitches and "money plays" which bend the realism of how the game is played..plays that are recycled throughout madden online and tactics that are used to make it more of a video game than a real game. This is in no way to knock the MRL because I love the MRL (though alot of Sim guys don't feel this way)! However, I think anyone who watches the game would know that some of the things we do in madden are not real to the game.

Example: No team drops everyone into coverage in the redzone or even hardly at anytime during a real game. Now this is where the "sim style" comes into play.

I can play either sytle but this is about having guys who play madden come up with a happy medium to get some more competition in with different guys!
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Gibs,

You are missing the point...by a mile. This isnt a debate over why we have rules or why we dont have rules. It's a friendly competition between leagues. If the rules are too restrictive for ya, it's all good bro, you can choose to play or not. It's not that serious. This is just how the SNFL is structured and is not up for debate as to why they chose to do what they do.

That being said, and like ive said before, rules are put in place (like darktatonka noted) to what many feel are "gimmicky" plays. Sim rules allows casual madden ballers to at least compete a bit under the same expectations across the board instead of no structure. NOt everyone can make a living playing madden Smile

And if you want proof that there is a major difference in the two styles, ask anyone who has played in both leagues. one's not better than the other, they are just two different ways to play.

Snookums!

Last edited by StupidDialUp on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Nitka,

Your concept is decent but here are my problems with the approach:

1.) Unpredictable matchups may cause unbalance in comp.
2.) Way too many games and we will run the problem of never completing it.
3.) THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! Havent you watched Highlander?

Under the tourney concept, each side will face a disadvantage each round and each player that has the option can pick the style (it doesnt necessarily mean they will pick one way or the other (i.e. clay would pick sim, jamie would pick freestyle, etc.). I also love the incentives for the champion and i still think the "better" league will be determined at the end of the day. Everyone loves a tourney!!

So far who are MRL's 8? SNFL actually has 10 ballers if you are having a tough time pairing down.
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:50 pm

MOST DEFINITELY WANT A COD TOURNEY!!! JAMIE AND YOU SHOULD SPEARHEAD THAT ASAP!
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:56 pm

SDU,

I'm not questioning the rules for your league - theres no perfect rule and theres not perfect league - there are only perfect rules and perfect leagues for different people.

The things I questioned just don't seem to be legitimate in the fact that I dont see the reasoning they are there. Have to rush 3 players every play for example - that is a arbitrary number. A few of the rules also contridict each other ie allowing automotion but not allowing motion unbumpables.

It's tough to play in a set of rules that seem to be randomly placed without a reason behind it other then "we want it to be there". Forcing a team to rush 3 defenders every play doesnt equate to what you see on Sundays and neither does enforcing a no huddle rule.

There is no advantage to dropping 10 guys in coverage and there is no advantage to running a no huddle.

Things like the canoe and no assignment blitzes I totally agree to ban those - but its tough to get a group of guys to come together when you have rules that seem to be in place...just to have rules.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 pm

blacktatonka wrote:
All MRL guys, I would like you guys to accept the challenge so we can have some fun! Speaking as the SNFL Owner, we have had a couple guys come over and have success in the MRL and those guys love the league and have enjoyed being able to play the game "out the box" so to speak. There are plenty of guys who enjoy different styles of play...though I prefer Sim, I have been open to playing in the MRL and am impressed with their organzation of play.

As a member of the MRL, I am open to most styles of play and would want the MRL guys to be open as well. I think if you want to compete against another league, then you have to meet that other league halfway. I would be happy to shave down about 75% of our rules just to play with about 25% of those rules we think should not be sacrificed. This is going beyond meeting the challenge halfway.....I think is VERY fair. I just want to get a good relationship started with the MRL which allows more madden players to go at it and have fun!

Hopefully, this will move foward and open up a new option for competition in both leagues.....hopefully, all will keep their minds open to a slight adjustment for a new expereince.

SNFL Owner,
N. Canty

Welcome sir! Look forward to this tournament! Should be fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MRL SNFL Rules  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRL SNFL Rules    MRL SNFL Rules  Empty

Back to top Go down

MRL SNFL Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next