Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

red sox nation

Go down 
+5
ronslows10
AssassinJ0E
Geordaigs
SasserAssassin
datnodude
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
datnodude

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:07 am

that's it sorry gibs
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:10 am

braves and red sox s*** the bed no joke.
braves 8.5 games up on september 5th jeez
and at like 10:30est the red sox had like 99.9 chance of making it and the rays like .1.
crazeyest day ever.
Back to top Go down
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:15 am

Wow 'difficult to watch'....MLB isnt very popular here in the UK but even across the pond the Red Sox collapse/choke was big news in the last month or so.

I guess we will be seeing much more of Mr Henry here in the UK at Anfield watching Liverpool in the Premiership huh?

Nevermind always next season........being a Cowboys and Spurs (Tottenham) fan i feel your pain on an annual basis.....i just think on the positives...... it could be worse, i could be a Redskins/Arsenal fan and heyho all is alright with the world again Smile

The torture we put ourselves through supporting and following our favorite teams...... no wonder Men die 5/6 years earlier on average than Women...stress caused by competitive sports Smile
Back to top Go down
AssassinJ0E

AssassinJ0E

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:43 am

Well the Indians failed to make it to .500 again so I feel your pain worse than any.
Back to top Go down
ronslows10

ronslows10

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:24 am

I was at Tropicana last night and have to say it was the most exciting sporting event I have ever been to in my life. I feel no sympathy for redsox nation whatsoever, and the douche dressed up like a gorilla with a redsox jersey at a yankees rays game should never have made it out alive.

Last 4 years win totals Sox 369 - Rays 368

Payroll - Sox $580mil - Rays $221mil

#Moneyball

Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:08 pm

im sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ZAN

ZAN

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:07 pm

MLB needs to take a SERIOUS look into the joke that the Yankees pulled over on Boston last night.

Of course it's unable to be 100%, without a doubt, proven...but I find it extreeeemely odd that the NYY botched a 7 run lead in FIVE OUTS. I mean, they didn't even go to Mo in the 9th with a 1 run lead...odd...The ball they left up to Longo was inexcusable...I personally think the Yankees intentionally tanked that game. Wouldn't be surprised to hear news leak in a couple years about it, either.

BTW, I'm a Cubs fan...so I have no bias here. The Cardinals were handed the playoffs on a platter. Nothing makes me sicker out here in central IL than the fact that the Cardinals made it going backwards, gave Pujols false hope/reason to stay, and their fans actually think their team is good...

Phillies vs. Yankees WS. Been saying it all year.
Back to top Go down
ronslows10

ronslows10

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Zan are you serious. The yanks have no obligation to the sox. There main objective is to get set for the playoffs. Why would they put extra load on their pitchers. They had most of their bats out there and built a 7 run lead. Give me a break!

The redsox were playing a AAA class team in the orioles and couldn't handle their business to bad for them. See you next year.

In all honesty in the playoff I would rather face off against boston right now. Its all about pitching and defense in the playoffs and the sox have neither. Hot teams have the advantage not teams that are 7-20 over the past month.
Back to top Go down
iDotUp

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 pm

ZAN wrote:
MLB needs to take a SERIOUS look into the joke that the Yankees pulled over on Boston last night.

Of course it's unable to be 100%, without a doubt, proven...but I find it extreeeemely odd that the NYY botched a 7 run lead in FIVE OUTS. I mean, they didn't even go to Mo in the 9th with a 1 run lead...odd...The ball they left up to Longo was inexcusable...I personally think the Yankees intentionally tanked that game. Wouldn't be surprised to hear news leak in a couple years about it, either.

BTW, I'm a Cubs fan...so I have no bias here. The Cardinals were handed the playoffs on a platter. Nothing makes me sicker out here in central IL than the fact that the Cardinals made it going backwards, gave Pujols false hope/reason to stay, and their fans actually think their team is good...

Phillies vs. Yankees WS. Been saying it all year.

LOL! you think the yankees give a d@mn about the well-being of the redsox? I'm surprised they let proctor throw over 40 pitches at the end of the game instead of going to a position player to pitch ahaha.
And even if the yankees tanked it....the season is how long?
It is the yankees fault the redsox blew the game vs the orioles?
162 game season, and the redsox couldnt find a way to win one more game?
#Collapse
Back to top Go down
Wolfman

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:17 pm

ronslow your welcome my A's gave out moneyball lol. redsox tanked i laughed now for yankees to blow it rays or national leauge ftw for ws winner
Back to top Go down
datnodude

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:13 pm

the yankees should of kept their starters in to beat the rays bc now they may have to face the rays in the alcs rather than boston who was pretty much done. but i dont see how the yanks lost up 7 i started kicking myself for not taking a bet yanks were +225. ne way i know pappelbon is hurting right now
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:25 pm

You guys further prove my point. I don't care that the Red Sox got effed out of a playoff game today vs. the Rays. I don't care one bit.

The Yankees don't owe anyone anything...but it's easily arguable that tanking the Rays into the playoffs on purpose is as bad as Rose betting on the game while managing. The Yankees don't owe anyone anything..but they owe baseball it's integrity. Hell, that went out the window 13 years ago.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:43 pm

i agree 100% with zan on this one.
i mean 7 runs in 5 outs, the homerun that tied the game was a 2 strike curveball right down the middle to a .108 hitter.
and ima giants fan(didnt jump on the bandwagon was born in the bay area)
but ya the red sox lost but really as bad as the yankess pitching is its not that bad.
Back to top Go down
ronslows10

ronslows10

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:22 pm

If they were going to tank the game they wouldn't have got up 7 runs and said wait a minute lets let them come back with 5 outs to go. c'mon! They were even stealing bags late in the game and holding runners from stealing for the rays. You still think they let them win? SMH

Fact of the matter is that the Redsox and Yankees are lazy and think they can just buy a championship. They neglect their farm system and over pay for players past their prime. They over pitch the few young arms they have until their arms give out. The rays have busted their *** the last few years to compete with the allstar teams. Give credit were credit is due.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Do I think they let them win? Not necesarilly. Did they put their best effort forth? F*ck no. Whether or not you think it's okay is not the point. The fact of the matter is that teams and players have been banned from the Hall of Fame and baseball all together for offenses that fall under the same umbrella...am I saying that the Yankees blowing a 7 run lead in 5 outs is the same as the Black Sox scandal? Nah. But it's not that far off.

Yeah yeah, the Red Sox had 161 prior games to prove their worth. Yada yada...you play all 162 games the same...period. No one game counts more than any other, like you're alluding to.

And you are totally wrong about the Yankees/Red Sox farm systems.

The Yankees had 3 of the top 50 prospects in MLB.
The Red Sox had 1, but traded away 2-3 for Adrian Gonzalez (namely Casey Kelly and Anthony Rizzo).

That's 6 of the top 50 prospects in the ML prior to the 2011 ML season, leaving 46 prospects to be split between 28 other teams...I'd say the Yankees and Red Sox are doing just fine for themselves in the farm system.

The difference between the Yankees/Red Sox and the rest of the league's teams (as far as farm systems go): they know they are called prospects for a reason. MOST prospects fail, so the Yankees/RS are more willing to deal them for a proven player.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:55 pm

I may be a football guy. But I'll argue baseball all day.
Back to top Go down
ronslows10

ronslows10

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:04 am

Baseball is a constant argument...lmao
Back to top Go down
Wolfman

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:51 pm

that it is ronslow and as an A's fan i know the value of traiding top prospects as our team normally has the best farm system with no money. and zan you are right no way in heck did the yankees put their best effort out that game to screw over boston
Back to top Go down
ronslows10

ronslows10

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Boston had their chance to win the east out right. Now they are sitting at home. End of story! Rumor has it they're going to part ways with Francona. I hate Boston but I don't think I would let my 2 time champ. manager go. SMH Guess the cubs might pick him up and the rays gm to go get themselves a ring.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:44 pm

I'm hearing Theo Epstein would "embrace" the Cubs GM position.

I think Ryne Sandberg is the next manager. It just makes sense.
Back to top Go down
ronslows10

ronslows10

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 9:10 pm

I like Ryno but Francona is a proven winner when given the right tools to work with. The cubs are a long way off. If they want to spend a ton of money like the other jokers they could be contenders tho. I see them making a push for a gm, manager and big albert. Don't think thats enough to get them over the hump first year.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 pm

its enough to put the cardinals over...
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Wolfman wrote:
that it is ronslow and as an A's fan i know the value of traiding top prospects as our team normally has the best farm system with no money. and zan you are right no way in heck did the yankees put their best effort out that game to screw over boston
A's fan?
where you from?
Back to top Go down
Wolfman

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:03 pm

im from fresno, been an A's and Raider fan my whole life and proud of it
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

red sox nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: red sox nation   red sox nation EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:02 am