Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Live Tournaments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

Live Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Live Tournaments   Live Tournaments EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Hey guys, got my first live tournament next Saturday and I was just wondering what I should be expecting in terms of atmosphere, skill level, really anything helps. Also how to best prepare your game and the mental aspect of playing live with a bunch of goons yelling at you.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

Live Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Tournaments   Live Tournaments EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
Hey guys, got my first live tournament next Saturday and I was just wondering what I should be expecting in terms of atmosphere, skill level, really anything helps. Also how to best prepare your game and the mental aspect of playing live with a bunch of goons yelling at you.

Atmosphere- Could be exciting, could be dull..you wont knw til u r there.

Skill level- Depends how big it is...More than likely it will be top loaded with bums, have a couple that are okay, and have a handful that are really good..That will fluctuate depending on how big the tourney is

Yelling- Theres nothing you can really do besides mentally preparing for it. Be ready to hear it even if it never comes
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
WasItTehChad

Live Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Tournaments   Live Tournaments EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:31 pm

a smoother game, recommend playing as many offline games as possible.

a problem ive seen is people showing their play by holding RT.. make sure u know what your running so you dont give your play/routes to your opp.

the possibility of you being the last bracket match / round robin is good, so expect to be playing in front of a crowd... dont get nervous by it, even tho every user catch/pick, sack, swat is magnified...

and most of all, just have fun with it..

Back to top Go down
MisterMazin

Live Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Tournaments   Live Tournaments EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:00 pm

varies tourney to tourney

and about the yelling/cappin, i always listen to music when i go to tourneys
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

Live Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Tournaments   Live Tournaments EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:07 pm

WFColonel56 wrote:

Atmosphere- Could be exciting, could be dull..you wont knw til u r there.

Skill level- Depends how big it is...More than likely it will be top loaded with bums, have a couple that are okay, and have a handful that are really good..That will fluctuate depending on how big the tourney is

Yelling- Theres nothing you can really do besides mentally preparing for it. Be ready to hear it even if it never comes

Thanks for the insight Colonel, Im actually debating on running with the Saints or the Falcons lol

WasItTehChad wrote:

a smoother game, recommend playing as many offline games as possible.

a problem ive seen is people showing their play by holding RT.. make sure u know what your running so you dont give your play/routes to your opp.

the possibility of you being the last bracket match / round robin is good, so expect to be playing in front of a crowd... dont get nervous by it, even tho every user catch/pick, sack, swat is magnified...

and most of all, just have fun with it..

Thanks for the tips Chad, for the past week or so whenever I play online I have been making a point not to look at my plays unless I really need to for the reason you said. I wont get nervous in front of a crowd as much as I will get aggravated by the people in it lol.

Boldin wrote:

varies tourney to tourney

and about the yelling/cappin, i always listen to music when i go to tourneys

Very good idea lol, it would probably make it even more entertaining trying to guess what people were saying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Live Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Tournaments   Live Tournaments Empty

Back to top Go down

Live Tournaments
Page 1 of 1