Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Why are streaks so glitchy this year?

Go down 
+7
wandeezy623
sgibs
Slimreaper256
SasserAssassin
ZAN
kojak808
finfever
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
finfever

finfever

Why are streaks so glitchy this year? Empty
PostSubject: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:16 pm

I feel like this is one of the biggest problems in the game, and yet I havent heard much about it. I am getting beat deep on just a simple streak at least once a game, and more likely than not more than once. This years game has forced you to play two deep safeties over the top if you want to play man to man because streaks are so effective, unless you use the raiders and maybe the ravens, but I have even got demolished by streaks with all that speed at CB. and im not talking about throwing a streak 1 on 1 and usering it and making a play, im just talking about the defender is straight up beat. You dont even have to switch on. This is very frustrating to me. If you take a kid that doesnt know how to play madden and doesnt know a thing about football or the concepts of football, more likely than not they are just gonna throw streaks and pray. This is the quickest way to score, and thats the persons goal that doesnt know anything about the game of football. Madden 12 is rewarding those players. Just like if you play someone in an NBA game that doesnt know how to play, all they do is shoot 3 pointers. This is the equivalent, and no other madden game has made a streak that effective until this game. I feel like speed isnt a factor at all of defense. When I was using the packers, sam shields would get beat deep more than anyone on the team, even woodson, and he has 97 speed. Im not talking about bump n run either, just a simple man to man.

After going into replays after the games and seeing how my guys are beat, I found two problems:

1. Cornerbacks play about 2-3 yards off the line of scrimmage in this years game, not in bump in run, just in normal man to man. This is way to close. And when you back up coverage, they play about 9-10 yards off, which is way to far and gives up the underneath routes (slants, drags) far too easily. There needs to be a happy medium of about 5-6 yards. In the real game of football, if a play was called where corners didnt have safety help and there was no bump and run called, they would be back much farther than 2-3 yards. The 4-6 is the worst for corner placement. It almost looks like they are in bnr most of the time, because they are so close.

2. The animations are all wrong on cornerbacks that are playing streaks. If you watch football, you will notice that a receiver that is running a streak, a corner back will start to back pedal with the receiver, if the receiver is still running straight and the corner reads streak, they start to turn around when the receiver is about 3-4 yards away, and is fully turned around and running with the receiver while still having about a 2 yard lead on the receiver. Now both players and running with their backs turned to the QB, and the corner should still be in position (father away from the QB than the WR) to not get beat deep. In madden, the corner starts about 2-3 yards off the receiver. He stands dead footed as the receiver runs at him. If its a streak, the corner doesnt START to turn around until the receiver has reached him. Now the receiver and corner are in the same position, but the corner still needs to turn around while the receiver is already facing the right way. It takes the corner about 1 second to complete his turn, and by this time the receiver has his beat about 2-3 yards already. Now the QB can bullet it right away and the corner wont be able to recover, or can wait and watch that seperation grow and lob it up. Either way, the corner is screwed, and its all because of the animation and the timing the corner uses to decide to turn and run with the receiver.

I think the streaks are definitely a big issue and something that needs to be addressed. You dont know how many times Ive gotten beat by players that have no clue what they are doing, and just call a streak on 3rd and 1 when I am bringing a blitz so no safety help and just score touchdowns on that. I would understand if the speed discrepancy is vast and the guy gets beat (lets say a 97 speed receiver versus a 88 speed corner), but it just doesnt happen on those situations. It happens on all situations including when the corner has a speed advantage over the receiver. What do you guys think about the streaks in this year's game?
Back to top Go down
kojak808

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 8:13 pm

I felt the same way when I first played the game. I was getting beat deep by Dwayne Bowe on a streak route every rip playing against my lil' bro...and he is trash at this game. I'm not saying that I gave up on man to man defense but I pretty much play zone 99% of the game.

I did notice that it's when you go for the pick in man d...it's dangerous to try to strafe first because of the terrible trail position you're in from the jump. So I usually just go for the swat unless I got help deep.

Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:34 pm

This year?!

They were that way LAST year, too!
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:47 pm

streaks are defitnaly a problem this year and last game to.
its the locomotion system(the way the players run and move)
Back to top Go down
kojak808

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:48 pm

ZAN wrote:
This year?!

They were that way LAST year, too!

agreed. I think every year the streak was just way too easy to face throw. I know he's not talking about user catching face throws but just sayin'. You could bomb it up last year also...but slant outs were just so ridiculous last year it over shadowed the streak.
Back to top Go down
Slimreaper256

Slimreaper256

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Simply put, its because EA hasn't released a defensive A.I. patch. If you remember, Madden 11 had HORRIBLE defensive play up until they patched the A.I. I think that's the case this year. Hopefully we get a patch soon to help with this Streak/Slant Madness!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:04 pm

I'd rather deal with slant outs again rather than this face throw garbage...it's a disrespect issue to me....i don't have the guts to throw (intentionally) at a covered WR (unless they got a 4+ inch advantage)...

some of these guys are throwing junk up to 6'1'' WRs vs. a SOLID 6'0'' corner (i.e. Tramon Williams)

At least slant outs were open before guys threw them...
Back to top Go down
kojak808

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:11 pm

LOL @ the disrespect issue...couldn't agree more!! I would be a hypocrite though because I can't say that I don't chuck it up to Austin, Bryant and Witten, myself.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 pm

ZAN wrote:
I'd rather deal with slant outs again rather than this face throw garbage...it's a disrespect issue to me....i don't have the guts to throw (intentionally) at a covered WR (unless they got a 4+ inch advantage)...

some of these guys are throwing junk up to 6'1'' WRs vs. a SOLID 6'0'' corner (i.e. Tramon Williams)

kids thrown to dez bryant smh
start snatching that
Back to top Go down
kojak808

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:43 pm

SasserAssassin wrote:
ZAN wrote:

kids thrown to dez bryant smh
start snatching that

only way to go
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:36 am

face throws are a issue mainly why?

bc the WR is able to get inside position its not that streaks are a issue and is a face throw even a issue if the main problem with it is because of positioning?

What are some resolutions to remedy this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
wandeezy623

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:38 am

Slimreaper256 wrote:
Simply put, its because EA hasn't released a defensive A.I. patch. If you remember, Madden 11 had HORRIBLE defensive play up until they patched the A.I. I think that's the case this year. Hopefully we get a patch soon to help with this Streak/Slant Madness!!! lol!

Defense was a joke the entire year last year, at least this year I feel like I can actually get a stop with good adjustments and it is easier to pick face throws IMO, I know I have gotten snatched more than once this year when I thought I was going to get a nice face throw or spec catch animation. I just feel like the defenders are smarter this year and while defense has flaws, you can definitely play better D. Zone is better for the most part, you don't have sliding corners in Man coverage (unless I have missed it thus far) and Man is not that bad if used with zone, you just have to watch out for assignment switches to the sideline but other than that they stick with em pretty good. I am not saying D is perfect but i think it is a huge improvement over M11
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:47 am

i agree wandeezy i think defense this year is much better then last year.

are there issues well yes of course. the man assignment switch offs are a trade off for issues with how stick use to work.
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:51 am

sgibs wrote:

are there issues well yes of course. the man assignment switch offs are a trade off for issues with how stick use to work.

Exactly, no more stick and no more canoe.. Stick can be used to beat zone this year which is how it should be! I really like this game and the more I play it the more I enjoy it
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:58 am

honestly I dont really got too much of a beef unless its going to Finley lol

the defenses i run i already know that outside i am 1 on 1 every play. Im prepared for it, i know that 1 sec after snap to be ready to click on and move inside and swat. Im ready for a pass 25yds down field either led outside or inside

thats the D I run so I have to make my peace with that...if i didnt want it to happen I would run 2 man under and get fancy on D with the adjustments (lol i dont think any1 has ever seen my 2 man under D lol)

but in my D the seams are ridiculousness sometimes lol...The degree of things that have to be done to defend a seam route by finley (and they mindset that ppl will throw it REGARDLESS) is out of this world

-hotroutes (manning guys up, yellows,deep blues)
-subs to get taller/better coverage guys out there
-usering

after its all said and done there possibly could be 3 or 4 guys on finley....and he possibly will still come down with the ball lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:25 am

lets just think of it this way...

madden 10 we had to deal wtih overall flat routes, falcon cross, and insane RC's AND A gap heat up the wazzoo

Madden 11 we had to deal with mainly stick, falcon cross, and face throws, canoe etc

Madden 12 Face throws - and slants (people are getting better at defending them)

things are getting crossed of the list - thats a good thing.

Seriously though what are some ideas to make defense better...

more defensive hot routes? what other hot routes would be nice? or what style of defense would be nice?
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:40 am

I want the Smart zones of last gen where u can send them to the 1st down marker

And i just think the player interactions need to be done better and more clearly explained. The animations and how they play out with WR/DB

the rating interactions need to really work, and they need to be 100% explained to the consumer

how do you decide who wins the rating battle on a pass rush?

is it fineness move vs pass blk footwork?
power move vs pass blk str
str vs str to decide how far they are pushed back

in the run game is it blk shed vs run blk str?....and if so where does run blk footwork come in?

Final fantasy says what beats what...you know what beats what in rock paper scissors.. Madden needs to say what beats what WITH EVERYTHING

What EXACTLY changes DPP?

Just saying its hard to really play a game when you dont really know how things work out. Of course the player has some say in what happens but we do need to know the molding of what should happen. just my opinion
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:43 am

colonel thats brilliant - never looked at it that way.

you are 100% right i think - explanation of what beats what
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:44 am

is it as black and white as that though? ^ just thought of this
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:44 am

also there are some zones that you get bumps on the WRs underneath. It would be nice to decide if I want to do that or not. Sometimes they help but sometimes they really take your zone defender out of his responsibility..Does it to yellows on some crossing routes, and flat zones out of the flat area
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 am

i would like to see a deep corner zone added or simply you decide if you want your purples to play deep corner or play curl to flat
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:53 am

sgibs wrote:
is it as black and white as that though? ^ just thought of this
it isnt 100% blk and white with user interaction and whatnot but there should be a molding of what should happen so I have some idea.

I mean last yr I had Kory Bierman starting as my LDE because he was ha beast in run stuffing, this yr he is basically invisible...His ratings have marginally increesed too lol...I have spent the last week trying to find out why and im still puzzled lol
----------

also the slanting of the DL does little if anything for the run game. Im madden 10 you could reallsy see the slants play out.

A crash up you could really see your DEs go outward. And it really helped on outside runs
Same with crashes left/right...even last yr. I remember making vids last yr on the 4-3 getting hype about how my DTs were slanting and getting over (visibly) and making plays on the run..not just making tackles but closing rushing lanes

This yr I have really been trying to see how I could get the same production from my DL in the run game and its just not there. Gibs if u pop in M10 for sure you can see the difference
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 am

ill give that a look colonol
Back to top Go down
grimmagician87

grimmagician87

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:43 am

defensive hot routes should work like offensive... hold LT for Dl hot routes, RT for Lbs, LT and RT for secondary ( or something to that effect) .. have the buttons pop up so you can hot route them without switching .. it would speed up the pre snap adjustments and help prevent me from accidentally usering the wrong guy and screwing up the whole play lol... maybe EA probably doenst want to give us that much control over the D for glitch reasons or what ever but it would even the playing field for guys that are constantly adjusting to what the D is doing..
Back to top Go down
Slimreaper256

Slimreaper256

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:59 am

wandeezy623 wrote:
sgibs wrote:

Exactly, no more stick and no more canoe.. Stick can be used to beat zone this year which is how it should be! I really like this game and the more I play it the more I enjoy it

I disagree. The thing that makes defense supposedly "better" this year is the randomness of QB's accuracy & the long QB wind-up. I hate when ppl say defense is better this year. Because truthfully, it isn't. For instance:

"Players in Yellow Zones still only play a position on the field, instead of the man that runs into their zone (Sgibs himself even showed this in a vid). This becomes a problem because the A.I.seems to have trouble identifying which defender should try to make a play on the ball. Which sometimes causes the defender to let a ball go right past his face and not do anything.

Players in Purples Zones don't properly defend the area in their play art. This has been a point of frustration for ALL OF US at one point or another this year. (Sorry Gibs, but its dumb that they do that. What's the point of putting a Purple on the field if they're gonna play like a Blue?)

Players in Deep Blue Zones don't know how far to drop back. I could understand the CPU having trouble vs a "Flood Concept". But if its a single WR on your CB, & you call Cover 3 Press, Curl routes shouldn't be open 100% of the time. That play is supposed to guard against that.

Players in Flat Blue Zones shouldn't randomly jam WRs off the line of scrimmage. WF Colonel mentioned this earlier. This really hurts your defense, because it allows players to throw to the Flats vs Cover 2 plays.

And please don't get me started on Man Coverage!!! SMH."

What I will say is that most of these things don't happen 100% of the time. But they happen enough to be an issue. I know Madden 11 had defensive limitations. But at least they were pretty clear cut & you could adjust accordingly , if you knew what to look for. This year it seems you have to sell out at times to cover up some of these things. I don't think we should have to commit 2 defenders in zone (and a spotlight!!! LOL!) to defend a simple "Slant out" concept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are streaks so glitchy this year?   Why are streaks so glitchy this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why are streaks so glitchy this year?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next