Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Value More - elite speed/height

Go down 
+17
Jander
Militant X 1
cashachusetts
ZAN
chappy2moss
irobson
datnodude
WasItTehChad
BuckNut4eva
TheHungryMann
xHEx DeathAngel
Ghostface
grimmagician87
The_BPP
XxSHOWTIMExX
Wolfman
sgibs
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

Value More - elite speed/height Empty
PostSubject: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:18 pm

for just about any position speed is no doubt one of the most important ratings.

however in recent versions of Madden height has crept up on speed in terms of usefulness.

whats more important to YOU this year SPEED or HEIGHT
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Wolfman

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:21 pm

height hands down
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:28 pm

im leaning towards height
Back to top Go down
XxSHOWTIMExX

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Height. Just allows you to make more plays. I've seen slow but tall LBs swat the ball down when the receiver has them beat by like 10-15 yards. Whereas a fast LB would be in position to make a play but just get out jumped for the ball.

For corners, i preferably like to find a happy medium between the two. Too slow and he gets burned. Too small and it's face throws all day. I mean I will generally give up a few speed points to gain a few inches of height.

For receivers, height all day (and CIT). I feel as though speed is a luxury but height is a necessity.
Back to top Go down
Wolfman

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:57 am

speed dont matter for me
Back to top Go down
The_BPP

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Any other year i would say speed, but this year speed doesnt mean sh!t... Every game you see 85 speed WRs, burning 93 speed CBs atleast one time or another.. So clearly Height is more important...

only two positions id rather speed than height is RB (obv.) and DE (My John Madden Quote: The quicker the DE's can get to the QB, the less time the QB has to throw the ball)
Back to top Go down
grimmagician87

grimmagician87

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:19 pm

The_BPP wrote:
Any other year i would say speed, but this year speed doesnt mean sh!t... Every game you see 85 speed WRs, burning 93 speed CBs atleast one time or another.. So clearly Height is more important...

only two positions id rather speed than height is RB (obv.) and DE (My John Madden Quote: The quicker the DE's can get to the QB, the less time the QB has to throw the ball)

i agree 99 % .. i was using the browns and greg little was torching corners left and right .. this after being used to mke wallace with 98 speed..
the only thing i would have said different, and this is just a personel preference, is that sometimes if your RB is too fast the blockers do not have time to set up... for instance I notice that when I run my single back doubles set and, when the D is spread out, audible to run a dive with P hillis the guard that is doubling the tackle comes off his block and stays ahead of me to block the lb or saftey. I get 5-15 more yards per pop than with someone say D mcFadden who would outrun the blocker ( even when i dont use turbo lol .. sorry sprint. )
Back to top Go down
Ghostface

Ghostface

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Height for my WR's and speed with my corners....but overall I'll take height
Back to top Go down
Wolfman

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 pm

grim lay off the turbo then. with ray rice i just run and give them a chance to get their
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:10 pm

I like a 50/50 combo of height and speed, neither one really matters more then the other to me. I just like to be able to have both options on the field at the same time. Maybe one 6'3 89 speed WR on one side of the field and one 5'10 95 speed on the other side of the field.

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
TheHungryMann

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Height.

I feel like speed can be defended by adjusting your plays, while to defend height you need to adjust your entire play style.

Also, jumping and CIT are up there for me.
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:18 pm

accurate QB with height on O

taller players with 90 ish speed and jump and CIT are heaven sent...

(finley,graham, coslton,vincent jackson, floyd,gates, austin,bryant,olsen these are the ones that do it for me)
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:25 am

i personally value height over speed

I rarely let my ai catch passes, so the taller the player, the easier it is for me to make a play on it.
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:03 pm

had a guy jus drop bombs on me with the chargers was frustrating everybody is like 6'4 and up
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:03 pm

had a guy jus drop bombs on me with the chargers was frustrating everybody is like 6'4 and up
Back to top Go down
irobson

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:45 pm

height ... seahawks... browner / sherman as cb's ... rice / m williams/ zach miller wr's 2 much height
Back to top Go down
chappy2moss

chappy2moss

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:43 pm

I like height in the secondary with decent speed i mean at least 88 speed and height is great for me but ill work with a slower guy if he has good skillz and press coverage with height
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/moss2chappy
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:53 pm

ill take a 6'2'' 88 speed corner over a 5'10 93 speed corner any day of the week
Back to top Go down
cashachusetts

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:34 pm

How about just use Calvin ha.. Or old school Randy Moss
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:05 pm

calvin > old school moss

darrick brown >
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:56 pm

i would say a blend of both speed and height.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
grimmagician87

grimmagician87

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:06 pm

irobson wrote:
height ... seahawks... browner / sherman as cb's ... rice / m williams/ zach miller wr's 2 much height
just played against the seahawks.. browner is no joke.. i had him beat by like 7 yards and the throw was good but he was able to jump and nock in down.. happened a couple of times.. i was looking for him on the field to find out where he was like he was polamalu or something.. lol didnt throw deep to his side again..
Back to top Go down
Jander

Jander

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:07 pm

The TE in this game are glitches, Graham, Davis, Gates etc. Are the perfect receiver to big to cover and have enough speed and catch.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Moss is the greatest madden receiver of all time. the 1v1 bombs to him were just unfair.

ESPICIALLY with people doing the "RJ Bomb"

but a guy like Calvin Johnson is the best in the game. hes 6'5, has 92 CIT, great Jump, and has great speed.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:34 am

Ummm... Moss WAS the best till Calvin got drafted lol...

Calvin is the goat of madden wr and for active wr's in NFL...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height Empty

Back to top Go down

Value More - elite speed/height
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next