Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Value More - elite speed/height

Go down 
+17
Jander
Militant X 1
cashachusetts
ZAN
chappy2moss
irobson
datnodude
WasItTehChad
BuckNut4eva
TheHungryMann
xHEx DeathAngel
Ghostface
grimmagician87
The_BPP
XxSHOWTIMExX
Wolfman
sgibs
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
black udder

Value More - elite speed/height - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:21 pm

okay - can I ask the stupid question. How does height help? Is it just with user catches or RCs?

Just throwing at a guy and letting the CPU catch, if there's a defender there, they'll pick it off or block it near as often as the WR catches it.

I have Calvin in my league and can't seem to capitalize with him. I'm fairly new and just learning to user catch.
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:36 pm

black udder wrote:
okay - can I ask the stupid question. How does height help? Is it just with user catches or RCs?

Just throwing at a guy and letting the CPU catch, if there's a defender there, they'll pick it off or block it near as often as the WR catches it.

I have Calvin in my league and can't seem to capitalize with him. I'm fairly new and just learning to user catch.

User Catch my friend, click on and swivel the WR or TE in the direction you need to and catch

if your new to user catching go to practice mode and practice streaks and deep corners , do a pass lead up on some routes, and a pass lead to the inside on others, on streaks it depends on the coverage, if its man v man pass lead up, if its zone pass lead away from the defender

an accurate QB is needed also
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:28 pm

BuckNut4eva wrote:
black udder wrote:

User Catch my friend, click on and swivel the WR or TE in the direction you need to and catch

if your new to user catching go to practice mode and practice streaks and deep corners , do a pass lead up on some routes, and a pass lead to the inside on others, on streaks it depends on the coverage, if its man v man pass lead up, if its zone pass lead away from the defender

an accurate QB is needed also

Thanks for the tips. I've been working on some of that. The "easiest" has been short straight routes in zone or man when the defender is on the other side of the receiver. I can just lead up and they'll jump and get it. The other routes are more tricky as when I try and turn the WR around, I go too far one way or the other can end up being far too short of the route to catch it.

Using Romo and the Cowboys, so it can be hit or miss, but overall he's pretty accurate. Trying to get the user catch working with Dez on the deep balls, but I keep running him out of the play instead of just turning him around.

As for practice mode, something is wonky with that. I can go into practice and not even bother about the coverage, just throw some routes, pass lead up and it's money all day. Then I go into a game and the db's are undercutting the routes Sad

Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:35 pm

^^^ if the DBs are under cutting routes it's usually because of press coverage and or tight zone cov your throwing into, the guy has to be 1 v 1 with a positioned advantage before I throw a user catch type throw...
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:30 pm

BuckNut4eva wrote:
^^^ if the DBs are under cutting routes it's usually because of press coverage and or tight zone cov your throwing into, the guy has to be 1 v 1 with a positioned advantage before I throw a user catch type throw...

I'll keep that in mind! Thanks... I got roasted by a guy throwing user catches all day in *** man/zone combo coverage so I know it's something I've got to learn.
Back to top Go down
Nytro

Nytro

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:00 pm

I will take height over speed on offense and defense every year.
Back to top Go down
blood9585

blood9585

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:38 pm

height for catching deep passes and jump balls...speed for everything else
Back to top Go down
http://WiseMaddenConcepts.Blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Value More - elite speed/height   Value More - elite speed/height - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Value More - elite speed/height
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2