Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Pistol Formation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RaveNeff

RaveNeff

Pistol Formation Empty
PostSubject: Pistol Formation   Pistol Formation EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:23 am

Just curious to see if anyone here ever uses the Pistol formation. It's very limited on stock plays, but after running 4 games using ONLY this formation, and two sets of shotgun, I've come up with some amazing plays on the fly. I started using it just to try it, so I don't really have a set scheme yet, but have done well on the fly, as I stated. It feels to me like it gives me the time to see a blitz coming, and dump out to the flats, lob it up or whatever I'm gonna do, and for running the ball it has that perfect delay to avoid a run blitz, but also quick enough that they can't fill up every gap or sniff out the run, if that makes any sense to anyone other than me. After 4 games I have thrown 8 TDs, and ran for another 6, plus about 180 rushing yards. Neither of these games came to the end, everyone leaves before the half.

IF anyone has already used this or has a scheme, I wanna know what you think of it. Not asking for some one else's scheme, just getting general feed back.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/ion_Raveneff
grimmagician87

grimmagician87

Pistol Formation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol Formation   Pistol Formation EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:02 pm

the guy in my league runs the pistol very well.. he uses the option to counter overloads and makes great reads in the pass game... not very many unique plays but a effective formation nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
RaveNeff

RaveNeff

Pistol Formation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol Formation   Pistol Formation EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 am

That's what I've noticed myself. One play that I found to work well is the Pistol Slot, Scat. Very limited on plays, but done right and it works amazingly. I started using it and full house, doing well, definitely gotta work on it though.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/ion_Raveneff
Sponsored content

Pistol Formation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol Formation   Pistol Formation Empty

Back to top Go down

Pistol Formation
Page 1 of 1