Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!

Go down 
+18
WFColonel56
Stock1528
sgibs
lockdown100
J Blanco in LBK
sliqnes
Militant X 1
YoUnGPhEn0m
madden person
ramathorn
ELeiser17
kamikazefireball
mp
BURRITO BANDIDO
2020_ht
krod516
spacab
ZFarls
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lockdown100

Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:13 am

J Blanco in LBK wrote:
Here's a question: When you press RB (on xbox) or R1 (on PS3) it user bumps the receiver if you line your man up directly across from him. I like to set up a nano and bring a safety to user bump the reveiver that the opponent has a tendency to throw to on their quick read. A lot of times you can man up the outside WR's, bump the TE or slot WR, and they don't know what to do with the ball before the heat gets there. I've had pretty good success doing so.

What do you guys think? Is it better to user bump, user turbo, or just cover the deep routes when setting up a blitz?

really depends on what they do. I like to force them to take quick throws. My first strategy is to set up my nano. usually basic 3/4 nano. see who they throw to the first couple of times. is it the slot or TE or HB out of the back field. Next if they are hitting the RB or TE I force my Nano. You do this by turbo blitzing a lineman. making him engage a lineman to make sure the pressure gets through this disrupts the slide protection forcing them to block extra people. This method makes them also change the slide protection second guessing how to defend. They usually don't recognize that you are forcing the blitz. Once they start block extra people then I take advantage of the manual bump dropping back into coverage. One major tip for this is when you manually bump they like to hit the player as soon as he breaks the bump. Do not turn around Strafe behind the player until he is out of your area. The reason for this is they cant throw high over the short middle the Qb will put it on the money. Simply pressing jump will get you a easy pick over the middle no matter where the target circle is. The games animation will take your player to the ball. Also after you stop turbo blitzing they will have to change their slide protection again. Its a mind game that I play very often resulting in Int or 3rd and 20. Remember goo heat should prevent the deep pass. Be sure when you use the forcing the blitz to click on to your Blitzer quickly this will stop the roll outs and Play action. Also if your lineman slide through easily look for the screen or run I learned that just from experience.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Great post blanco and nice response lockdown

Def something we will go over tonight!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Can you guys touch on a good D against a max protect scheme? I played a game earlier against a level 15 player with a Shotty 2 Back set with max protect and could not get in to save my life. I won the game because I scored 56 points but it was very frustrating! Thanks again guys!
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Stock1528 wrote:
Can you guys touch on a good D against a max protect scheme? I played a game earlier against a level 15 player with a Shotty 2 Back set with max protect and could not get in to save my life. I won the game because I scored 56 points but it was very frustrating! Thanks again guys!
If I play someone who max protects I just let them... I will rush 4 mayb 5 players and just play bracket coverage on the WRs

If they have 2 players back to block that meens that there are only 3 players in routes...
Plus I would think that me rushing 5 player he cant sit still in the pocker for more than 5 seconds...so thats about as long as u need 2 have good coverage

And when I say bracket cov I meen the concept not the madden play....lol
The concept meens to have 1 guy over top and 1 guy underneath....

2 man under is kind of like B cov, Cause the CB can play underneath and the Safety is playing over top. Cover 3 is a very basic form of B cov (on the outside WRs) Since the CB will play over da top, the flat player will play under and the hook zone player can help inside....Just go more exotic
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:41 pm

I tried the 3-4 Cover 2 coverage play that Gibs had on TWIM a while back, which drops 10 guys back and he still completed passes. Do you think that is worse because there is absolutely zero pass rush?
Back to top Go down
nathanas85

nathanas85

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Question for SGibbs and ZFarls. What % do you play a f@g defense during a game. When ever I use a all coverage defense, I get burned.
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:35 pm

It's amazing how few people can make a simple phone call. They're trying to talk to their computer or something....
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:49 am

hahahaha, so true. On talk radio they always are like turn down your radio, now i get it completely.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:34 am

GREAT SHOW GUYS! both informative and very entertaining as well. lol!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
ocho cinco

ocho cinco

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Hey guys I agree with mili . close game gibs and farls you look cool with your referee uniform zp3 you're pretty good it seams you know what your doing great game guys
Back to top Go down
mp

mp

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks for answering my question and thanks for that I-form scheme. I need to take it to the lab and get confident with that set. Guys can you time stamp the shows like you did in the past? It makes it sooooooooooooooooo much easier to find the strat and lab.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Ya farls is working on that right now. That mini iform is sooooo nice. I love me some balanced?
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Yea that i form was pretty cool looking im def. looking at that now
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:56 pm

i absolutely love the I-Form Twin TE. when i ran the Run Heavy pb...i would set the HB Sweep in my audibles and come out in either the FB Dive or the HB Toss. this way....i had 3 hellacious runs at my disposal (i.e. the FB Dive/HB Toss, HB Off Tackle (run audible) and the HB Sweep to pound the rock mercilessly. lol!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2