Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Bengals write up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ant1010

Ant1010

Bengals write up Empty
PostSubject: Bengals write up   Bengals write up EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:49 pm

Ok since i've rid of my Dolphins and i get bored with using my favorite team the Cowboys, i tried to find a similar but better defense, with a capable offense. This is what i came up with.

Offensive Playbook: Balanced
Defensive Playbook: NYJ

QB: C.Palmer
HB: C.Benson, B.Scott, L.Johnson
FB: B.Leonard
WR: C.Ochocino, L.Coles, A.Caldwell, B.Leonard, B.Scott
TE:C.Coffman
LT:A.Collins
LG.A.Whitworth
C:K.Cook
RG:B.Williams
RT.A.Smith

With this offense it's a run heavy that can convert to spread. What i've done was open up holes by passing out of run formation, (I-Form Big, Goal Line etc) and running out of the bunch sets that i use for the quick WR's. I do this for the 1st quarter alone just to build a base for the rest of the game, My main formations are Full house but ALWAYS with "ALL RB" package. Coffeman isn't a liability but i'd rather have those 3 monsters in the backfield. Benson is decent enough for tosses to keep them honest, you don't want to assume outside runs every time Scott is the deep back. Johnson is basically Benson all over again when he gets tired and Leonard is your play making full back, he can run, catch and block. Lethal mismatch out the backfield. Remember since the Bengals have small WR's utilize tight and bunch sets.

My defense my alter a lot from your typical defense but my base is a 3-4. I try to stay in a 3-4 all game and i'll even give you my 3-4 speed package as well. I love speed in my front 7 which is why the Bengals are so d@mn good on defense.

LE- B.Johnson
DT-A.Odom
RE-R.Jeanty
LOLB-R.Mauluga
MLB- K.Rivers
MLB2- D.Jones
ROLB- M.Johnson
CB2- L.Hall
FS- T.Nelson
SS- C.Kdukwe
CB1- J.Joesph

Our slowest guy on the field in 74 speed and the Left side of the defensive line is 6'5, so having them in yellow zones and/spies gives you more depth than you anticipate. The balance of the defense is amazing. Leon Hall is a good tackling CB and we have the speedy T.Nelson up over him for Leon's lack of elite speed. Then we have a playmaking SS without ideal speed, but we have the 95 speed JJ shutting down most #1's. Ray and Michael on the edges are killer and even MJ is 6'5 so you get height up off the LOS as well. Keith Rivers is in the middle as the leader of the defense and having a 87 speed backer coming through the middle to make plays is crazy, with the glue/veteran Jones in the middle. Now i said i would have my 3-4 speed package and here it is

LE-B.Johnson
DT-M.Johnson/A.Odom (if you want to have Odom there it's fine, he's still a bull at NT)
RE- R.Jeanty
LOLB- K.Rivers
MLB-D.Jones
MLB2- R.Mauluga
ROLB-C.Kdukwe
CB1- L.Hall
FS- J.Joesph
SS- T.Nelson
CB2-M.Trent

With this alignment this is somewhat serving as a dime package but out of the 3-4. Since you have your bulk up front with Rivers and Kdukwe essentially being your 3rd and 4th corners, you want speed back there patrolling safety, Joesph at FS is actually good. I had him at SS at first but then i realized i had Rivers, Hall and Joesph on one side, which isn't suicide as it eliminated the strong side of the field, but the inexperienced Morgan Trent and Tom Nelson on a lone side wasn't the smartest, so i move JJ to FS to pair up with Morgan Trent and Kdukwe and it provided the play making i needed. Your entire front 9 has exceptional tackling for their positions, i think Trent and Hall are in the 70's which is why they are at CB's in stead of S's because it gives you ability to jar the ball especially with big hitters like Rivers and Kdukwe lurking around Hall and Trent, then you have your true last line of defense in Nelson and Joesph who aren't horrible tacklers but are basically your safety belt and won't let anyone run past them with their 95 and 92 speeds. When i developed this line up it was the key to letting me stay in a 3-4 all game long and to continue by 3-4 looks without giving the offense something brand new to stare at, which just keeps the chess games coming and coming.

Last edited by Ant1010 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Bengals write up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals write up   Bengals write up EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Ant1010 wrote:
Ok since i've rid of my Dolphins and i get bored with using my favorite team the Cowboys, i tried to find a similar but better defense, with a capable offense. This is what i came up with.

Offensive Playbook: Balanced
Defensive Playbook: NYJ

QB: C.Palmer
HB: C.Benson, B.Scott, L.Johnson
FB: B.Leonard
WR: C.Ochocino, L.Coles, A.Caldwell, B.Leonard, B.Scott
TE:C.Coffman
LT:A.Collins
LG.A.Whitworth
C:K.Cook
RG:B.Williams
RT.A.Smith

With this offense it's a run heavy that can convert to spread. What i've done was open up holes by passing out of run formation, (I-Form Big, Goal Line etc) and running out of the bunch sets that i use for the quick WR's. I do this for the 1st quarter alone just to build a base for the rest of the game, My main formations are Full house but ALWAYS with "ALL RB" package. Coffeman isn't a liability but i'd rather have those 3 monsters in the backfield. Benson is decent enough for tosses to keep them honest, you don't want to assume outside runs every time Scott is the deep back. Johnson is basically Benson all over again when he gets tired and Leonard is your play making full back, he can run, catch and block. Lethal mismatch out the backfield. Remember since the Bengals have small WR's utilize tight and bunch sets.

I'll do the defensive when i get done eating, Pizza just came

interesting Ant. i may need to looking to with running my Ravens. hmmm....

-Mili
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

Bengals write up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals write up   Bengals write up EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Yea the Bengals are a mold of the Ravens somewhat, 3 good RB's, they just lack that TE that you desire, Coffeman isn't bad with 86 catching, but he drops things in traffic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bengals write up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals write up   Bengals write up Empty

Back to top Go down

Bengals write up
Page 1 of 1