Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs

Go down 
+4
mob734
ZFarls
SteelersPSUfan
buffalobillsfan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
buffalobillsfan

buffalobillsfan

Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs Empty
PostSubject: Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs   Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:50 pm

New to the forums. Love your contributions to the Madden community. Stumbled upon TWIM a couple of days ago and can't get enough.

Now to my question(s):

I am starting an online fantasy draft with a few friends (4 total users) as soon as the update allows for current rosters. I want to have running back I can rely on but don't want to spend a first or second round pick to get him.

My first question is two fold. Which running back (besides Bush) would be someone to target after the top ones are off the board? Or, do you think taking a back in the first couple of rounds is worth it?

Secondly, what positions and/or players would you target in the first few rounds?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
SteelersPSUfan

PostSubject: Re: Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs   Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:09 am

Felix Jones is a great back to have. I start him over Barber when I play online
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs   Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:25 am

Sproles and Felix Jones. (Your 3 friends will be looking and thinking outside the box, BUT the computer won't go and get a reggie bush type guy.

What type of offense and team do you want to run?
What type of D do you want to play or expect to be facing?

Unless you can get CJ or AP, dont take a early running back. (also if you like to throw a ton, dont bother)

Lets get some of these answers and then we will take a look (updated rosters?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
buffalobillsfan

buffalobillsfan

PostSubject: Re: Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs   Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 6:04 pm

ZFarls wrote:
Sproles and Felix Jones. (Your 3 friends will be looking and thinking outside the box, BUT the computer won't go and get a reggie bush type guy.

What type of offense and team do you want to run?
What type of D do you want to play or expect to be facing?

Unless you can get CJ or AP, dont take a early running back. (also if you like to throw a ton, dont bother)

Lets get some of these answers and then we will take a look (updated rosters?)

We actually ended up drafting sooner than we expected. I thought the draft would be tomorrow (Sunday) night, but we drafted late on Friday night. I ended up with Jamal Charles relatively late and then Sproles later. Glad I ended up with Sproles, Charles went out for 12 weeks during my first games vs the CPU.

I'm not too happy with Sproles (only have a few rushes with Charles) because he goes down too easily. I usually play with Carolina and love D. Williams because he has it all.

The good news is, I won my first game against my human opponent 23-21 mostly thanks to putting Orakpo in contain and taking his WR screen to the house.

Thanks a ton for taking an interest and answering my question, ZFarls. Looks like I was on the right track with taking a quick back a little later on.
Back to top Go down
mob734

PostSubject: Re: Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs   Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:04 am

leon Washington is a stud as well and flys under the radar.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs   Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 am

mob734 wrote:
leon Washington is a stud as well and flys under the radar.

He's okay, but I definitely wouldn't take him in the first round. He has 77 carry rating, which is bad if you wanna frequently run the ball.

I'd take CJ of course, then AP.. and if they weren't available.. I'd maybe take Charles.. but his carry is 74 or so..
then maybe Felix or DeAngelo Williams because they have speed+carry rating.
Back to top Go down
hairy weasel

PostSubject: Re: Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs   Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:23 pm

mcfadden is really good
Back to top Go down
JakeH23

JakeH23

PostSubject: Re: Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs   Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:46 am

hairy weasel wrote:
mcfadden is really good

If you like dropping the ball, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakeh23
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs   Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:39 am

gotta go CJ if you have the number one pick.

if you dont go CJ then I would strongly consider Jamall Charles
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs   Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs Empty

Back to top Go down

Online Draft Strategy - Running Backs
Page 1 of 1