Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

What is the worst sim rule you've heard?

Go down 
+2
sgibs
wangtangkiki
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

What is the worst sim rule you've heard? Empty
PostSubject: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:03 pm

You can't do screen passes when you are ahead by 14 points.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:15 pm

I think that either end of the spectrum can be a bad thing

but that being said I am def farther along the fence for tourny so...

you can only run 5 FB dives a game. This was a actualy rule, they were limiting the number of FB dives you could run last year. I mean yikes
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Hahahaha!!

You couldnt complete a pass within 4 yards of the LOS.. In other words, no screens, or drag routes

Close second.. You HAD TO punt on fourth down at ALL TIMES.. Didnt matter if you were down by 56 in the fourth quarter if you didnt punt you got kicked out
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:30 pm

lol I'm looking at some sim rules and I just think these are funny...

Quote :
No glitching, cheating, or cheesing. (Please report any suspected issues to me and upload a video highlight of the play.)

Play fair and realistic. (Try not to use the same play all game long. It just makes the game boring, and is an insult to your own skill.)

No cheesing? How do you define cheesing ? that's stupid..

Using the same play all game long is an insult to your own skill? LOL How bout if it works, and they can't stop it, they shut up and not cry because it's something wrong with their defense, not my skill..

YOU CAN NOT MANUALLY MOVE MORE THAN 1 PLAYER ON DEFENSE! NO EXCEPTIONS. If you don't agree with this rule, you can leave now.

Quote :
Examples of UNACCEPTABLE trades in my opinion would include:

-A 73 OVR WR in exchange for Devin Hester WR OVR 73: Reasoning because Devin Hester is a huge special teams playmaker and 99 speed receiver and it much more useful than most 73 overall receivers. More value would be given up for this caliber player.

-Getting Matthew Stafford QB for a quarterback of higher rating. Reasoning is because Matthew Stafford has huge potential and the only reason Detroit would give up Matthew Stafford would be for a huge playmaker quarterback in exchange like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

I also hated this rule that said you weren't allowed to trade your franchise players.. and the guy that made the league decided who the franchise players were...

I had the Broncos and he chose Knowshon Moreno as a franchise player... Really? He was slow and I wanted to trade him but I couldn't..

That league faded in a week because he recruited on a site formerly known as T M L. Everyone nano'd and he was recruiting for a SIM league.

He deleted the forums because we nano'd LOL.
Back to top Go down
randers

randers

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:39 pm

best set of madden leagues on the planet being ran by me and small group of guys over at www.pocketfives.com/poker-forums/off-topic. 3 leagues, every league full, 100$ or 50$ buy-in (all money goes to the prizepool..ie no rake etc etc). League 2 might be lookin for a few people.

we have some gentleman's rules in place. its so legit. (brag about profiting in madden obv).

thinking about setting up a new league. pm if interested.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Oh man.. I just read another rule about 4th down. This guy's QB got injured, couldn't come back. He had a rookie 54 OVR in the game. There was 9:10 left in the 4th Quarter (wtf.. 10 minute quarters..)... well his opponent told him to kick it and if he didn't "It's against the rules."

The guy that had the rookie QB in thought to himself that he wouldn't be able to get back to the 1 yard line since it was lucky that his QB got him there anyway.. so he wanted to go for the TD.. he kicked the FG and lost by 3 points I believe..

Someone in the forums said "if you are in doubt, you should message your opponent and ask if you should go for it, if your opponent says no, then just do what he says."

So it was a rule that you MUST message your opponent on for 4th down plays that seem "iffy".. How is that sim? Go to a commercial break, then talk to the opposing coach.. "Should I go for it? I mean it may be against the rules of the NFL if I don't.."

Besides.. why do they have a 4th down rule? The Patriots & Broncos go for it on 4th A LOT.. almost every game.. if they are at 4th and 2~ or so.. they'll go for it.
Back to top Go down
IPIRIEY

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Lol. This is actually kind of funny.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:43 pm

randers wrote:
best set of madden leagues on the planet being ran by me and small group of guys over at www.pocketfives.com/poker-forums/off-topic. 3 leagues, every league full, 100$ or 50$ buy-in (all money goes to the prizepool..ie no rake etc etc). League 2 might be lookin for a few people.

we have some gentleman's rules in place. its so legit. (brag about profiting in madden obv).

thinking about setting up a new league. pm if interested.

lool What? I'm confused..
Back to top Go down
randers

randers

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 pm

seems like you guys were having bad league eksperiences. telling you about mine (though i run it, its been successful with a high retention rate).
gent rules
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:15 pm

1. A Wide receiver may never be used as a tight end. Don't audible a WR to TE etc. not allowed (i did this a ton last year online and in Waco's league, its cheese and sucks)

I don't really do that, but I don't see why it couldn't be done =/ I'm sure a WR has lined up at TE.. TEs line up at WR...

4. A Cornerback may not be used as a free safety or strong safety. Sometimes in the NFL, corners are used as safeties. However, this is rare. It is usually only done when a cornerback is too old or too slow to continue as a corner. For the sake of not having to see Asamougha or Cromrartie at safety all game long, however, this tactic is not allowed. If you would like special permission to have an exception to this rule, PM the commish and explain why (perhaps you have a really old or slow cornerback and no good safeties, etc.) For the most part, though, this tactic is cheesey and is not allowed.

Cheesy? lol.. not at all.. How is that "cheese"? Anyone that plays secondary is a DB. Defensive back. They can play CB/FS/SS....

Do not run the same play over and over and over again.

I don't like that either. You should be able to stop it.

Most of the other stuff was alright. I didn't see anything that was big that jumped out to me.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
1. A Wide receiver may never be used as a tight end. Don't audible a WR to TE etc. not allowed (i did this a ton last year online and in Waco's league, its cheese and sucks)

I don't really do that, but I don't see why it couldn't be done =/ I'm sure a WR has lined up at TE.. TEs line up at WR...

4. A Cornerback may not be used as a free safety or strong safety. Sometimes in the NFL, corners are used as safeties. However, this is rare. It is usually only done when a cornerback is too old or too slow to continue as a corner. For the sake of not having to see Asamougha or Cromrartie at safety all game long, however, this tactic is not allowed. If you would like special permission to have an exception to this rule, PM the commish and explain why (perhaps you have a really old or slow cornerback and no good safeties, etc.) For the most part, though, this tactic is cheesey and is not allowed.

Cheesy? lol.. not at all.. How is that "cheese"? Anyone that plays secondary is a DB. Defensive back. They can play CB/FS/SS....

Do not run the same play over and over and over again.

I don't like that either. You should be able to stop it.

Most of the other stuff was alright. I didn't see anything that was big that jumped out to me.

Haha that "no cornerback at safety" rule is hilarious.. That just shows that the guy running the league is a bum, who cant make plays against a good user player
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:12 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:

Play fair and realistic. (Try not to use the same play all game long. It just makes the game boring, and is an insult to your own skill.)

No cheesing? How do you define cheesing ? that's stupid..

Using the same play all game long is an insult to your own skill? LOL How bout if it works, and they can't stop it, they shut up and not cry because it's something wrong with their defense, not my skill..

.[/quote]Im on the fence on this 1..... If the play just f's up the AI and would never ever work in real life i can understand this, and follow it no questions asked....But if its just a normal play with good (real) route combos you should be able to run it as many times as u choose..... But if its a bs play that messes up the AI i agree that if you abuse it ,it is an insult to your own skill

im not a sim guy but im kind of in the middle....but thats just me
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Well.. What play would mess up the AI? I can think of... none.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst sim rule you've heard?   What is the worst sim rule you've heard? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the worst sim rule you've heard?
Page 1 of 1