Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!

Go down 
+3
ZFarls
2020_ht
Ant1010
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ant1010

Ant1010

Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! Empty
PostSubject: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:58 am

Offensive Depth Chart
QB-C.Pennington l P. White l Chad Henne
RB- R.Brown l K.Sheets l R. Williams
FB- R. Williams l L.Polite
WR- P.Turner l D.Bess l T.Ginn l B.Hartline (toss up between the bolded) l G.Camerillo
TE: L.Polite l A.Fosano
LT: J.Long
LG: J.Smiley.............. Very Happy ........ (Yea that was cheesy......Bite me)
C: J.Grove
RG: OG Starter, forgot his name
RT:V.Carey

I will swap Carey and Long often because the inside of the line is balanced and tackles and the opposing DE's and OLB dictate where i want to run sometimes. If i play a team like the Vikings, i will swap Carey and Long before the game starts. It REALLY helps. Now on my system i don't have deep ball accuracy and all that other stuff. I think we still have the 05 engine with just plain, THP and THA. Chad has a horrible 69 THP but it's only really effective on lobs and say passes of 40 or more (they are ALWAYS under thrown)

This is what makes the Dolphins offense so good, they have a trio of QB's that let you do something different every time they enter which basically let's you morph your offense to whatever you want. Mostly though you to pound it...beat it, make the defense eat it. I moved Ricky to FB for more speed and it enables me to move Polite at TE, which he is a monster. 85 run blocking basically ALWAYS gives me an unbalanced line, and if i go Twin TE, Heavy Package, i essentially get a 7!!! man line. Running is smooth.

Now on to the WR. Pat Turner is rated a 61 on my game. Yes i know a 61 rated WR for your number 1. Yes i know, but screw the rating. The kid is 6'5 230, 90 jump... and 68 strength. Out of your whole CB core, what CB what you line up against him. The Chargers, Dolphins ( who are really irrelevant because i'm using them)and Raiders are the only starting CB's who's height comes close. Then you have the crisp Bess who is a match up for any # 2 CB and has the hands to go across the middle. Determining my slot was the hardest part because i HAVE to have speed in my slot, but Ginn just doesn't cut it. His hands are simply terrible. 97 speed is hard to ignore though. Then in 4 and 5 you have your chain movers in your 4 and 5 wr sets. Which is essential when you have your 3 QB rotation (I'll break that down in a minute)

Defensive Depth Chart
LE- C.Wake
DT- R. Starks l P.Merling
RE- J.Porter
LOLB- A.Ayodele
MLB- J.Taylor*** l R.Torbor
ROLB- C.Crowder
CB- V.Davis l W.Allen l J.Allen l T.Culver l C.Clemons
FS- S.Smith l G. Wilson
SS- Y.Bell l G. Wilson

I don't care what you say, i don't care what your subs are, i don't care who you are. The Chargers defense is a poor man Dolphins defense. I had a tough time deciding to put Taylor or Wake on the line, but then i realized with Taylor 6'6 frame, it allows him to cover areas and ball direction that Wake probably couldn't. Sure Wake is a better tackler and has better Acceleration, but that 6'6 frame in the middle of the field is hard to come by. Starks in the middle is genius as he resembles a baby J.Ratliff. I was thinking about standing Porter up and putting Moses on the at DE. His 6'5 built would be appreciated, but outside of his height, he sucks. So you can find him on my bench getting my starters water and Gatorade and maybe throw Marc Sanchez a hot dog if he feels sick while getting his *** whipped by the Manning Show, but anyway, back to greatness. Merling at my 2nd DT is also well because even this fool is 6'5 and has 72 speed. He's my 2nd DT in my nickel and plays LB when i audible to my 1-5-5

The LB core strokes turnovers and often creates controllers hitting the deck, and noooooo... not mine. Double A and double C are big hitters with good height at 6'2 and had enough speed to run with TE and HB. Especially AA, his high Agil and Acel is really another reason Joey Porter has his hand on the ground. Jay Tay in the middle is like a mini Ware. I like to control him as my red zone defender and his speed, height and high awareness makes him my middle safety. R.Torber when i'm in 3-4 presents the balance of the MLB duo. Taylor is the finesse coverage guy, while Torber is your "Stay the **** out of the middle MLB) Great strength and tackling and let's face it, has a great name for a hitter... Torbor

The Dolphins secondary is a mix between the Chargers and the Cowboys, which let's them match up with any team. If there number 1 WR isn't Moss or Fitz, you can leave Smith at FS. If they are Fitz or Moss. Sure Vonte has the Jump to leap with them, but you want that height to try and disrupt them. Sure Sean Smith isn't a SHUT DOWN corner, but against Moss and Fitz, if your uniform isn't green (Revis and Woodson) what more can you ask for from your CB but to TRY and COMPETE against every ball thrown to Fitz or Moss. Now Dre Johnson and Miles Austins and what not and or burners. You want the speedy, powerful, jumping freak or Vonte Davis which enables you to leave Smith at FS. Will Allen at 2nd CB is good too. More speed the Cason, less speed than Jenkins but still decent enough to match up. Jason Allen in the slot at 6'2 and 89 speed is almost like a gift. I'm even wondering about switching Will or Jason. It's just coming out in Nickel and putting the former Safety(J.Allen) on TE's has worked out for the better. Culver adds his safety tackling ability, with 87 speed which isn't bad for a 4th CB, considering the Chargers have what...82 speed, and Dallas has 89 speed in Gordon. If you want to surpass that you can even put the 92 speed Safety in Clemens at number 4, who still brings his tackling over from the safety position. I like leaving him at 5 because when i audible from Q to 1-5-5 and use DT blitz. He's the MLB coming strait down the middle. And user blitzing him gets me 2 or 3 sacks a game from Shotguns. Sean Smith at safety is so d@mn sweet. Sure he doesn't' have the 95 speed of Cromar, but 89 speed and 99 jumping is pretty good for a FS now days and the kid is 6'3 him d@mn self with a little more bulk then Cromar and less height than Pat Wat, but has more speed than Pat Wat. Bell is better than Weddle and Hamlin at what they do as he's better in coverage, speed and has better tackling.

• How and when to use each QB
  • How to maximize the run out of you starting line up.

How to maximize your QB-
Sure it may be obvious what every QB can do for you but how to maximize them is key. You want to find a playbook that has formations of what you want to do offensively. Don't classify them as plays that you want to roll out (Pat White), or go deep (Chad Henne) or dink and dunk (Chad Pennington), you want to have the formations that let you attack whatever area you want. For instance i use 6 formations on offense

I-Form Close (C.Pennington)
Singleback Trips Bunch (C.Pennington)
Shotgun 2 back flex (P.White)
Shotgun 2 back, 3 WR( Chad Henne)
Shotgun 4 WR(Chad Henne)
Goal Line and Split Back (Pat White)

When i have my two back silt of me, Pat White is going to be in the game. It gives me the options to roll out of either side as always have an option to dump it off at. It always basically gives me a 3 man back field. Do you worry about White, Brown or Ricky. Thrown in play action, it makes it more deadly.

I-Form Close and Singleback Trips Bunch is there for Chad. That's my quick passing formation and keeps the defense offense with Polite at TE in singleback, it still gives me a 6 man line for running. I-Form Close allows me to keep the space on the outside of the field for dump offs and let crossing routes happen where i get Bess in the open field. Basically just short passing. I call these my annoying formations.

Chad Henne gets my rocket catch formation. WR Corner is great for Pat Turner and has Ricky sneaking out the backfield. Then when i want to go deep to Ginn, Henne can put it there. yes it's pretty obvious that i want to go deep when Henne is in the game, but my WR personnel still let's me attack whatever area of the field i want. I have two WR that can catch the ball very well in Hartline and Bess, my speeder in Ginn ( Sad ) and the big fellow in the Pat Turner.

How to maximize the run out of you starting line up-

Always run to the side Jake Long. If your running right, move him over to the right side, the kid is a beast and has the speed to recover if he gets beat. If you use the Full House, it puts Polite in the backfield as well as Ricky and Ronnie. This is so dangerous because once you establish the run out of full house, it's basically over for your opponent. Korey Sheets is a monster with his 93 speed and his frame compliments his speed. I like to give it to him around 5-8 carries, and it gives Brown a break. It gives you the option to even bench Ronnie Brown until the 2nd half, keeping him fresher then the defense maximizing his ability. Sheets is a quality RB in my eyes, i ignore my rating and read into stats that i like. Speed, Catching, Accel, etc. So if you're facing a team like Minnesota who don't expect to BREAK long runs in the first half and just want to let them know you're going to run, use the duo of Sheets and Williams and bring in Ronnie in the 2nd half while Williams, Williams, Allen, Henderson, Greenway <--- lol, yes i know a lot of players to worry about, are tired or at least a little worn out.

Last edited by Ant1010 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
2020_ht

2020_ht

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:24 am

LOL I think I've found out more about the Phins than I really wanted to. Great post I never knew they had those kinds of play makers. Maybe I'll give them a try if I can pry myself away from the Vikes
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah, BTep was actually the phins when he snuk past sgibs in the final 16. He used pat white effectively which is deadly.

Would it be possible for me to post that on the maddenbible home blog site if I gave you credit as a guest post? Thats some good work, passionate. thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Yea no problem, i'm here to help bro.
Back to top Go down
General Brown

General Brown

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:34 pm

yes ant I love the dolphins they actually have a very underrated offense... Great Post man, love it!
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:53 pm

I've been using the Dolphins for so long. I'm going to try and use the Broncos. They lack the ideal height i love on defense, but i'll work on a line up and bring it to everyone's attention.
Back to top Go down
2020_ht

2020_ht

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Ant1010 wrote:
I've been using the Dolphins for so long. I'm going to try and use the Broncos. They lack the ideal height i love on defense, but i'll work on a line up and bring it to everyone's attention.

Yeah the Broncos are a pretty good team. Don't sleep on their FB Peyton Hillis he's a beast, and a better RB than Buckhalter.
Back to top Go down
shane_rlly

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 am

never seen a team breakdown that specific before Smile
Back to top Go down
slezy187

slezy187

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Wow that is some really go stuff. Now you just need to switch to PS3 or Xbox!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Hahaha. Yea i plan to switch eventually. I just don't like that fact that people use nano's. I love playing realistic games, and that just irks me. Nano's are really the reason why i'm drawn away.
Back to top Go down
slezy187

slezy187

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Y you cant do NANO's on Wii? PLUS there is no nano out there that cant be beat, thats what makes it fun, just like the real NFL you have to adjust to what you opp is doing. Thats what seperates the Mannings from the Russels, just like the madden greats from the bums!
Back to top Go down
2020_ht

2020_ht

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:56 pm

slezy187 wrote:
Y you cant do NANO's on Wii? PLUS there is no nano out there that cant be beat, thats what makes it fun, just like the real NFL you have to adjust to what you opp is doing. Thats what seperates the Mannings from the Russels, just like the madden greats from the bums!

NUFF SAID cheers
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:28 pm

Actually we have heard the Fins are a top team and we've been hearing it from the community for quite some time now so I'm not sure why you thought we hadn't heard but we heard. Great breakdown of that team by the way and when I use the Fins Sheets gets all the tosses that speed does come in handy you got that right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!   Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dolphins are a top team, F what ya heard!
Page 1 of 1